1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I want all photographs of him holding the GB megaphone to be erased from the internet if he moves to Arsenal.

2. Belgian_lad

The sad truth is, modern day EPL clubs are the ugly guys at the club drinking the champagne and flashing the cash. All the bimboes will hang around them. But there is no substance anymore, no character, no life just money money money.

I used to love going to EPL games in 90s and early 00's. Way different from now.

Seán Mac D and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. Jeremie Frimpong

No, it's not.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The biggest change over the last 20 years is the sheer extent to which the best talent is concentrated in the big leagues now and clubs outside these have to sell.

Thr pattern goes back many, many decades in a much less extreme form (both ourselves and similar clubs have always sold some of our best players; but now a club like Man City can afford to have players rotting in their reserves that would walk into our first team. A historic and world-famous club like Ajax can't hold on to their Ajax-supporting star defender in the same year they reached a CL semi-final.

As a former football fan, the EPL is utterly boring to me; but for KT as a player looking to develop to the highest level possible, it's one of the big 5 leagues. As a Scottish player not looking to move too far from family and friends, it's the obvious choice.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. clonbhoy

He's behind you!

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    And you are the reason why they are big now countless people going to see a club or clubs they don't even support it all adds up

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    So it's no the TV money then ?

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ovb the TV money but the way we give them coverage in the media up here and buy their tops doesn't help the TV money wouldn't be as huge as it is if everyone didn't pander about the epl back then I have to admit I'd watch premiership when it was on itv back when I was 10 11 and 13... And now wish I never

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I'd say that's fair enough, however you were talking to a Belgian guy who chooses to watch Celtic so no sure it was that relevant.

10. Belgian_lad

Haha you must be the biggest rocket at home! So a Belgian who has lived and worked in both Scotland and England in 90s and 00s, always watched Celtic but found time to watch other local teams is the reason why the EPL is so big? You made my day! :57::36:

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Tbf I wasn't paying attention to his user name more the contents of his post if he's from Belgium fair enough my point being we all want Scottish football to be better but our country is prone to slagging our own game off and then go and watch their * at the same time it doesn't help they churn out countless bore fests and still shout out its the best league in the world and some people up here will believe it

12. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/tierney-agrees-personal-terms-with-arsenal/

Kieran Tierney is edging closer to the Celtic exit door after agreeing personal terms with Arsenal, Football Insider has learned.

The Scottish giants have held extensive talks with the Premier League big hitters over the £20million-plus transfer of the left-back, 22, before the transfer cut-off on 8 August.

A deal has not yet been agreed but negotiations are continuing and Arsenal are hopeful of signing Tierney in the next three weeks following their concerted bid to get him.

An Arsenal source has told Football Insider that Tierney has agreed personal terms with the club, including a bumper signing-on fee and a five-year contract that will triple his current £25,000-a-week wages.

The lucrative package is enough to entice the defender south of the border and now it is a matter of the two clubs agreeing the structure of the transfer fee.

Celtic are still not content with the deal offered by Arsenal, who want to split the cash across instalments to lower their initial outlay.

The Scottish treble winners are insisting on a bigger up-front payment as they look to secure the money that can enable them to have a late-window spending flurry.

Significantly, Arsenal manager Unai Emery is a huge admirer of Tierney and is convinced he has the potential to be one of the outstanding left-backs in the world. /unquote

Don't ken how good a source that is but gutted if it's true :(

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I stopped at ‘football insider’ tbh.

14. Jeremie Frimpong

It's incredible how often personal terms are agreed before a fee - wholly illegal, of course.

Leone Naka Fan and Random Review like this.
  15. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Is it illegal ?

16. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Did they aye?

17. stew37

Wish KT would just get mwi and post on Twitter that he's here for 10.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

There's a 0% chance KT has agreed personal terms with Arsenal

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't know if it's illegal; bit I'm pretty sure iy's against the rules of the relevant governing bodies unless the player is in the last 6 months of their contract. They'd be risking a fine and even a transfer embargo.

The article also implies that Arsenal wishing to pay in installments is the stumbling block, which is very odd, because it's the absolute norm.

20. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    KT isn't allowed to talk about what's going on. It's probably part of his contract that he can't speak about anything like this. You will notice when this kind of speculation surrounds a player that they go to ground or are buried in treatment room talk. The bhoy has to look out for himself sadly to say. I would love him here for the 10 but if he goes on to be one of the most successful left backs I will be chuffed for him and us.