1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KT: “The double treble had never been done before so that shows you how much of an achievement it was”

KT: “There’s no drop off in terms trying or effort. A few performances have dropped below standard. However, when your standards are so high that’s going to happen.”

KT: “Were all professionals. We know where we need to improve. The only critics we listen to are our Manager and coaches.”

KT: “Who’s ever won the league after 7 games? It’s still very early.”

KT: “It’s an honour to play in the Europa League which is a massive competition. We’re not taking anything for granted.”

Jeannie960 likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The new trend, send yer wean oan and get his tap.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Thats Simunovic

8. LloydsGamble

Might get stick for this after a great performance, but I didn't like the way he went down clutching his leg after that 50/50 tussle in the box. Guy's a wee battler, just not a fan of that.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've mentioned him doing this before a fair bit holding his head when barely touched. Lustig also does it a lot. I'm no sure if Brendan is telling them to milk challenges as we're on the end of seriously bad one's but....

I found it staggering that when KT went down, the guy looked like he landed on KT, hence the holding his leg...but they showed 2 replays where they cut it just before that point, which I thought was definitely bizzare..

Peej likes this.
  10. LloydsGamble

Thinking it's maybe become built into his mentality somewhere along the line. He's obviously been on the end of some really bad ones and bad ones that the refs often ignore. Could be he's just used to trying to make it more obvious it's a foul, which is understandable with the likes of Madden around...

Think he needs to balance it out though. Would love to see him get crunched and do a Broony style smile and walk away now and again.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Did he give you his shirt @Mr Shelby ?

Tommy25 and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye i don't like the over dramatic head holding and going down for ages when he's clearly fine a minute later but let's be honest...we are too honest as a side and that also bugs me a helluva lot more..

How can I myself slag KT for going down too easy when he's been on the end of 1 of the worst tackles I've seen from Bowman, and had his jaw broken in a cup final. 2 deliberate tackles that weren't deemed red's by scum official's..

He definitely should mix it up more though as he may get a reputation for it and cry wolf by officials, but then again they'd let play go on if he had both his legs broken..

* it. We are all KT..

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Bit harsh on Lewis.:56:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  14. LloydsGamble

Aye fair enough. Think maybe I'm stuck in the past a bit where we used to pride ourselves on honesty and not bother with too much 'gamesmanship'. But you're right, we get punished for being too honest and other teams will use every trick in the book in Europe so we have to too.

May be right about it being Brendan's instructions too. We do have to work hard at times to get a decision in our favour...

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Love him..

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Good to see he didn't give his shirt away to the kid than ran onto the field asking for it. Bad parenting, imagine the scenes at full time if every parent told their kid to run on the park and get so and so's shirt. Then again it's probably because the players only have 1 away shirt each

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Love broony when he does that. Mind the other month. 5 or 6 crunching tackles in a row all on him and he still gets up celebrating :56: that's what football's about no pansy rolling around *.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Maestro 08

Ayr United boss Ian McCall believes there is a feeling in Scotland that people are loath to criticise Celtic and Scotland star Kieran

Discussing the Scotland team and formation for the match against Israel on BBC Sportsound, pundits Steven Thompson, Leanne Crichton and McCall debated the options the national team manager Alex McLeish has had his disposal.

On the issue of Liverpool's Andy Robertson and Tierney, Thompson said "they play regardless".

However, Scotland Women's midfielder Crichton feels that Tierney has been below par of late and should not be an automatic pick.

"I don't think Tierney has really performed over the last month or so," she said, "but just because of the season he had previously that he's a first pick for folk but nobody ever questions it."

McCall was in total agreement with the Ayr manager preferring Scotland play a back four with Robertson at left-back.

He said: "I love what you are saying! It is a totally sacrilegious thing in Scotland, 'oh don't slag Kieran Tierney'! You're right, absolutely right.

"I completely agree with Leanne on that. If you are going to pick a left-back right now Robertson is miles ahead of Tierney. Miles!

"The level he's playing at, who he's playing against, who he's paying with. It's just a fact."

19. Maestro 08

Saying things like 'love what you're saying' and he is 'miles better' has all the hallmarks of a bitter man. That wasn't just an opinion that was delighting in what he was saying. Obviously been desperate to have a go. Not only has he disrespected the player, his teammates and the club but also directly insulted Scottish football. All from a guy that owes his livelihood to the game up here. The facts are Robertson is not miles better than KT, I would say with KT being younger, having more versatility to his game (no-one is trusting Robertson at RB or CB this shows more game intelligence) and performed at a much higher level & standard than Robertson ever did up here points to the fact that KT could quite easily do what Robertson is doing down there and some. Only ignorance or bitterness would tell you otherwise & McCall is 2 for 2 on that front.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. cammy07

Robertson was utter pish in the previous 2 games and from what I’ve seen his performances for Liverpool have dipped slightly too, albeit he’s still an excellent player.

Her time would be better spent elsewhere rather that spouting * about a topic she clearly has no clue about. The kitchen for starters..