1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I personally think Rodgers will regret trivialising the shocking tackle with something completely irrelevant just to make a point.

The pitch had absolutely * all to do with the Motherwell player assaulting KT.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's really annoyed me over this one, Brendan..

Those *'s slating our coaching staff and taking issue with us earlier this season, yet send on a guy to do KT and we're defending THEM. That fat * and his player should've been lambasted on the spot, and the post match interview..

Can't even watch the tackle again. Sanny above mentioned about like seeing your brother or something getting hit, and it did feel like that yesterday. Gut wrenching as the wee man lay arm up in agony..

Him and Sinclair have been targeted ever since he's been back from injury and it's just not * cricket..

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Happened not that far infront of me, when I seen him go dowwn lay still with his arm up I felt sick, thought he might have been John Kennedyed then about 10 seconds later he rolled over and bent his knees, some relief.

* who done it deserves a ban.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    What, killed? :fear:

Aye, big guy with grey hair jumps up in the main stand just after. Was sickening and i was sure he was done. I actually thought he'd done his shoulder again with the impact..

Just absolutely no need for it. I've mentioned this a few time's but if these kinda challenges were happening to that wee * Barrie McKay...it'd be a whole lot different. Could you imagine one of those on him and Madden, Collum, Thomson, Beaton, Dallas, Muir, Crawford Allan or Robertson himself just giving out a caution? Hmmmm..

5. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Retrospective action from the SFA maybe....

Nah, didn't think so.

Agree with others on the point of highlighting it as well. I admire BR for the calm and collected approach he has whether it be games or interviews before or after games. However, the Inverness one on Sinclair last week and KT yesterday need calling out for what they are. Deliberate attempts to "leave one" on your opponent. It's embarrassing and frankly rather Joey Barton-esque and should be attacked to ensure it doesn't become a habit, which it undoubtedly will as the season progresses and the longer we remain unbeaten.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Yep. These side's are going in to game's now, knowing they have no chance. McGhee clarified it yesterday saying he was pretty happy to get out with a 2 nil defeat..

What else is there to do bar keep the score down? These hammer throwers just sit back for 95% of the game and kick * out of anything or anyone looking like penetrating them. Putting our best or most dangerous player's out the game, is becoming a more glaringly obvious way of stopping us in our stride, and in future..

Something has to be done or said now..

7. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I think i must have been mate. Seen the damage and i was completely wrong. Absolute * and defo a straight red.

I think i was just swayed by the lack of reaction by our players.....which still confuses me if im honest.

8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Haven't said much about that 'tackle', the * deserved a straight red no question.

I am * off with Rodgers though, blaming the pitch, that's just a lot of * and he needs to think about it some more. KT, himself, said he barely spoke to the * when he apologised for it, that tells you what KT thinks imo.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Completely agree.

The only thing I can criticise Rodgers over this season is his lack of speaking out when our players are being crunched. He needs to say something or it will keep being swept under the carpet.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KIERAN Tierney has been hitting the high notes for Celtic on the pitch – but he has also been on song inside the Hoops dressing room.

Having made the journey from the stands to the park, the 19-year-old is living the football dream and his presence in first-team ensures a strong connection between the supporters and the players.

And this also extends to teaching his team-mates the latest chants of the Hoops faithful, including the recent tributes to Scott Sinclair and Dedryck Boyata.

“Those are two great tunes to be fair,” Tierney told this week's Celtic View in an exclusive interview. “I always learn the songs and tell the boys all of them, so if there is a new tune I will let the boys know.

“I told Scotty and Dedro about theirs, and whoever made them up deserves something special as both the songs are brilliant.

“If my music is on in the dressing-room, I will play both songs, ‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’ or the ‘Logical Song’. Scotty’s song gets you going and Dedro’s song is a bit different in tone but they are both great tunes and whoever is behind them is a genius. I think they both love them as they are good tunes... I was just gutted that they weren’t about me!”

The song most guaranteed to be given an airing by the Hoops faithful, however, is the one that pays homage to Tierney, a measure of his adoration among the fans.

“It’s class,” he added. “It’s really special. There are no words for it. It’s what you dream of, Celtic Park singing your name.”

Even when the Celtic Youth Academy graduate was out of the team for three months recently with an ankle injury, his chant was sang with gusto, particularly in away matches. The spark for this was usually when Tierney was spotted amid the travelling support. For him, returning to the stands was the natural thing to do.

“I grew up a Celtic fan and everyone knows that, but even when I was out injured I wanted to take it in from the stands to see what it felt like for them and see how special it was,” he explained.

“It was good to go back to the game with my mates. Nothing changed for them as they go to every game anyway and I just tagged along as we did when we were younger. It did bring back memories of when I was 14 or 15 and I enjoyed it while I could.

“It took me about half an hour to get in and out of every game, but that’s what’s going to happen. They are Celtic fans and I play with Celtic, and I would be doing the same as them.

“I loved that time. I was injured but I wanted to make a positive out of it, going back as a fan and back to reality. It’s great being a supporter, especially when you’re winning every game but it does make you realise how much you want to play for Celtic. It just makes that feeling even stronger.”

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Everytime he speaks I love him a little more

Sean Daleer and The IRA like this.
  12. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Yep, as well as being a great player, he appears to be a top bloke.

Surely nobody can be that perfect. He must have a dark side. Perhaps he has a collection of Justin Bieber CDs or puts apricot jam on his toast.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  13. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  14. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    You just know wee Tienry had the rebs on at Ibrox and Big Moussa was giving it the 'oh ah up the RA' with Sinclair in the back shouting "Brits out now"

kinglenny likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Proud dad
    [​IMG]

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Wee man was terrific bombing forward.... Particularly first half..

So many quality ball's in..

Literally in that first half he had about 4 or 5 in a few minute's and not 1 went out of play or was pish..

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, his weight and range of passing or crossing is superb. Im suprised he never switches the play to the right wing that much as his passing is superb.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Another day at the office.

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    His usual brilliant self tonight, incredible engine, great footballing brain for a young guy.