1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ki

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Zander, Jul 25, 2011.

Discuss Ki in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic abu

We don`t miss him at all

Fantastic bit of business by the club for what could have been a 5th choice midfielder who would also get in the way of younger players getting their chance

2. UncleHo

[​IMG]

What an absolute pointless bump. Probably on the level of trolling actually.

How do you know if we missed him? How the * do you know he might not have held the line a bit better? You don't.

Ki's Commitment - I am sure you are fluent in Korean and speak with him regularly. If you knew anything at all, it was the PRESS that called him the Korean Gerrard and he changed his twitter name to it for a joke. Which he changed again, almost a year ago anyways. You know nothing about the lad at all, other than your guess work from how you view his performances.

You don't like Ki, fair enough. Pointless bump, troll alert.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  3. jmcdaniel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Former: Henrik Larsson; Current: McGeady or Samaras
    Ah, well formed opinions = trolling. Good to know.

4. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think any team would miss Ki, I would rather we still had him.

5. monthehoops1888

It was good business in the end we got a great price for him i hope the lad continues to do well at Swansea....

6. UncleHo

Bumping a thread about a player that left months ago just to get a reaction is not a well formed opinion.

7. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    I cant see where your coming from here im afraid ho, because to be honest Ki was the name that springed in my head for height when sammy came off.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I know you are a clever guy so I'm going to disregard the fact you have completely brushed over what I said and picked up on a tedious link between Ki being introduced to their side and them starting to drop points.

I said, coincidence or not, that were the case. That is a fact, look at their results with him in the side and then with him out of it. They have lost form.

Yes I have seen Ki but then I've seen Ki a shitload of times, nothing changes. He is tidy in possession, he has a cracking dig on him and now and again he can pick out a beauty of a 40 yard pass. This doesn't make up for the fact he is extremely passive for large chunks of games, goes hiding when the chips are down and despite being forced to tackle more is clumsy and awkward.

I couldn't be happier with our business with regards to Ki, he wanted to join the Premiership and he wasn't in our first team plans so we made a significant profit on him. Job done.

9. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    You hit the nail on the head .... Hammer :50:

10. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    :50:

11. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Remember Ki's heading ability in the Cup Final last season? Not
    to mention he could be beaten by a midget in the air.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

13. Seosamh Máirtín

Just because he played there in his youth, doesn't mean he's suited for the position. Jamie Carragher was a striker when he was starting off his career, for example. Lots of players go a completely different way. I feel Brown is better in midfield, in a defensive role.

We played Ki last season behind the striker, didn't we? I remember he looking pretty useful there, as well. He has the right attributes to play both the advanced and deep-lying role.

But anyway, he's gone, for good or worst. Hopefully we'll sign a playmaker in January, or promote McGeouch or someone from the youth side to play that role.

14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Facts are we don't miss Ki at all, you just need to look at this season with him not being in the team..... top of the league and doing fantastic in the champions leaghue and we got 6 million for him.....

15. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Bit pointless to be honest, bumped from someone who didn't fancy Ki to much either, then repeated posts by people who also didn't like him too much, he is gone.

We simply don't know if he would have made a difference or not.

16. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Nope, never fancied him. Glad we got as much money as we did for him. He is in a lower level EPL team that is struggling and I think him going has freed up our midfield.

There were loads of discussion among fans as to how best accomodate Ki in the side. First he was an attacking midfielder, then he was a deep lying one then he played wide and none of it really worked. Often other players suffered due to his, as Hammer said, passive play.

Now we have a midfield with real competition and ability to complement one another. I havent heard too many discussions about who plays where now. And we are clearly a better side for it.

Astonishing business by the board for a player that for me underperformed when he was here.

And EB, he wouldnt have made a difference against Barcelona, his appearances against Sion where he had a mare confirm that for me.

17. celtic warrior

Didn't everybody else though including Wilson?

I'm not gonna stand up for Ki, he is no longer in a Celtic jersey, Swansea are getting results that relegated teams get, however if he keeps up his own performances to the standard he has been at the moment he will easily get another move to a bigger EPL team I could easily see him in an Everton top to be honest if Swansea get relegated.

At the end the day though I liked Ki and thought his game was coming along nicely as he was banging in goals and generally playing well until that crazy illness popped up at which point everyone in midfield, Wanyama, Brown, Ledley and Kayal all seemed to turn on the style.

But still there was really no point at all bumping this thread just because you feel you had to get it up some on here that we don't miss Ki, what were expecting to get from doing that?

18. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I'm almost certain Wilson didn't play against Sion.

Anyway Ki was a luxury player for us. Good in easy home SPL games on our big pitch and with time and space to pick a pass - which he could do brilliantly on occasion. But away at ipox and other smaller grounds where the condition was * and he got closed down and kicked by the SPL hatchetmen - he was basically irrelevant.

I'm glad for him that he's playing well and getting recognition - for Celtic and himself - down at Swansea but all in all buying him for 2 mill and selling for 6 plus add ons was a great deal.

19. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Wilson has only just recently started hitting any form of note. But against Sion Ki's poor play was crucial. Gifted a free kick for one goal, and an act of madness for another.

Brought it up as at the time when Ki was on the verge of going, lots of fans, and posters here, felt he was vital to the team, even though he was a squad member only. And I feel that we are playing much better with him out of the team.

And you think he will "easily" get a move to a bigger club? Cant see it. As I have said, he has already played for the biggest club of his career.

And as for what I am expecting to get out of this? Nothing, other than it has again proved that the club is bigger than any player will be and that we are moving on and up without him.

And I think this should be the case for any player who isnt fully committed to the club. Ki never hid his desire to play in the EPL and good luck to him. But anyone who is not for us has no place here. All the players that played on Tuesday were outstanding for us. Ki would have been a passenger in that match.

Great business by the club.

20. celtic warrior

He did when we got trounced off them in Switzerland, Big Dan got sent off, the whole team was shocking.

I'm glad we got what we did plus and add on's we might get on top, personally didn't see the point in this being bumped and feel that Ki should just be left to do his thing for Swansea now and if he happens to make us more money by making another "big" money move then happy days for us