1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Kevin Doyle

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by McManus4, Mar 19, 2013.

Discuss Kevin Doyle in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Slippyfist

You're not putting me down laddie.......trust me :56::56::56::56:

You have quoted YOUR opinion as fact - without giving any real basis for your argument, and have also made prejudiced comments on behalf of myself and Neil Lennon :56::56::56::56:

You are a joke.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It is apparent thay everyone who us arguing against him hasn't actually put together an argument about him as a player. ILTC aside, who doesn't think he is young enough to fit our model, have all brought against him the fact he is Irish.

Which astounds me on a Celtic forum really.

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Actually, I forgot to answer the first part of that masterclass post of yours :56:

Why does Stokes get more love and more songs than Gary Hooper? He does not. How many people are touting Stokes for a £10m (approx) move to the Premiership? :56:

Why was McGeady loved more than Maloney - well for starters he certainly was not by me. The proof of the matter is that one went on to be sold for £9m, and the latter for about £2m. :56:

Why do loads of people want McLean over Scott Sinclair etc? I take it you've been reading the player suggestions thread, and probably put two and two together and got 22. :56:

Daryl Murphy was only signed becuase he was Irish? I take it he was only loaned out twice because he is Irish as well then eh? :rolleyes:

4. Mr. Slippyfist

I just feel embarrassed for him really...............

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    There we go, you're finally starting to see my point! All humans have prejudices and yours (as with most Celtic fans, due to history and lineage) is a preference for the people of Ireland.

You cannot deny this, mainly because you clearly do not even realise it yourself. It's just naturally there, a sub-conscious part of your make-up as a person.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Of course I have an affinity with Ireland, I am a * citizen of the country :56::56::56:

Alright then Frasier, let's use your "knowledge" on psychology to analyze why i never liked Darren O'Dea, Aiden McGeady, Cillian Sheridan and never wanted the likes of Keith Andrews etc at the club?

And....ahem......which model are you using to analyze my posts?

7. Joebhoy

i cant understand the anti:39::39::39: irish bile on here sometimes

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aiden McGeady - because you're a fud :icon_mrgreen:

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Exactly, so why not just say that at the start instead of carrying on like you were the 1st human in history to exist without bias?

If you can't handle my basic psychological analysis of you and are so desperate to see facts, then why don't you look at the ethnicity and nationality of every single Celtic player ever?
    I guarantee you 1000% the biggest two groups will be, in order, Scottish and Irish.

But no, maybe you're right. This is nothing more than a statistical anomaly and we should ignore it. There is no preference whatsoever for Irish players and the fact that we wasted money on Roy and Robbie Keane was because Dermot Desmond (who himself clearly has no bias towards Ireland) got drunk one night and decided to ruin his reputation as a business master and * a few hundred grand into the wind.

And Lenny taking a liking to the aforementioned Mr Doyle is nothing more than Neil forgetting he is the manager of a top football club, and instead just * around like an * numpty on the Xbox.

Ok then :50:

10. ORIGINALS

No thanks, he's *.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

I missed this wee part here, but it is absolutely * comedy gold.......

How exactly can I not deny something if I don't even realise it exists?

:56::56::56::56::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Who are you, Dr. Freud? Seriously talking a lot of nonsense at the minute. People sub-consciously want certain players because they are Irish? So without knowing it, they are preferring a player because he is Irish? :97:

13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Oh come off it. Efe Ambrose has been destroyed by the fans the last few weeks, is that anti-Nigerian bile? Charlie Mulgrew was * * and cost us that semi final vs St Mirren, was that evidence of rampant anti-Scottish sentiment? Many people want Gary Hooper dropped, is that anti-English bile?

Some people here have such a massive chip on their shoulder about Irishness and as soon as someone mentions the country, whether positively or negatively, they get emotional.

Yeah, basically, It's not hard to fathom. It's the exact same concept and thought process behind the fact that most white people associate withm and prefer white people. Blacks prefer blacks, asians prefer asians. Young people prefer young, old prefer fellow elderly, ect.

It's basic human behaviour.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Robbie Keane got our player of the year that season. That's not a waste, he was brought in for performances and if you think the performances were short of par then that is astounding lack of football knowledge altogether.

Roy Keane was worth a punt, one of the greatest midfielders of the past 20 years. I believe Xavi is the same age as he was when he signed for us? I'd take him if he was offered to us, and it's not because I get a * for all things Spanish.

I can't believe I'm even arguing this nonsensical point.

Me and Padmill have both offered the reasons why we think he would be a good asset for our team, on a footballing basis, you have offered no such argument against him apart from the fact he is Irish.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

You should be a politician pal - absolutely great at avoiding questions.

See if you can answer these questions:

Where did I say I exist without any bias?

What model/theory of your basic psychology are you using here exactly?

Why would I need to look up the history of nationalities at the club to counter-argue a Neil Lennon statement saying he likes the player? :56::56::56:

16. Jungo

No thanks not for me really don't rate him

17. Mr. Slippyfist

I think this thread should be moved to the * funny farm :56::56::56::56:

18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

If you remember rightly, Roy Keane was wanted by several English Premier League sides, as well as many abroad.
    Everyone knew he was a Celtic fan, and the powers that be were hardly going to turn down the chance to sign a top class, experienced midfielder.

As for Robbie, he was still a top performer and had a good record in his short time here.

Both signings created a lot of attention, and probably saw a sharp incline in shirt sales etc.

Murphy has been a poor signing. Much like Rasmussen, Fortune, Hooiveld or Bangura in recent times. Do their nationality have anything to do with why we signed them?

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just seen his answer to Mrs Brown Bhoys, how do you explain the fact the biggest * I know are Scottish. Should I not like them because I'm Scottish? :56:

Jesus * man, this is embarrasing.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

According to Caz, if Celtic were offered Lionel Messi and Paddy Gamble - i'd be sub-consciously taking a gamble on Paddy, rather than wanting Messi :56::56::56::56:

This thread should be stickied :56::56::56:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.