1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Keaton Jones - Boy Who Was Bullied Going Viral

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by MacEwan, Dec 12, 2017.

Discuss Keaton Jones - Boy Who Was Bullied Going Viral in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m sure you’ve all seen this.

It was so heart warming to see the reaction to this, every celebrity under the sun coming out and supporting this boy.

But since then, it has been made aware that his Mother is apparently racist and is using her sons video to try and get money from people by using gofundme.

She has been seen saying “what happened to us whites sticking together and helping one another against the predator?” When one celebrity wouldn’t donate money.

The whole situation is * to me. The internet is a strange place. There’s a twitter account claiming to be his sister saying that the mothers social media is private and that any gofundme account is fake.

But you have celebrities now exposing her and saying they want nothing to do with it.

I think young Keaton is going to suffer more here. He literally says in his video “people who are different shouldn’t be criticised for it” which is ironic.

Hopefully the truth comes out. He’s getting offers to go to The Avengers premiere, go to a Cleveland Cavaliers game, go to the UFC, dates with actresses to other premieres and so on. His mothers apparent selfishness and stupidity could really make his life a living *.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seen all this last night. Apparently the boys at school battered him because he was calling one of them * and there's pictures of him and his family with confederate flags and stuff.

Either way it's a * up situation.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Looks like his face is on upside down.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

5. TimFloyd Gold Member

The fact that she is filming it and giving interview like questions just about sums it up.

If my kid had just been battered/bullied and was clearly in distress the last thing on my mind would be to get my phone out and film them to put on the internet.

6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    My thoughts exactly.

In relation to what others have said about this having been triggered by racial slurs, once again it is entirely about context being everything, and that is 100% true.

However, on the evidence of this vid and the vid alone, it does raise questions about the woman asking the questions, presumably the boy's mother, and her motivation. Her tone and questions are so cold, even if asking questions about the incident wasn't badly done to then take out a phone and to record it while asking these, no reassurance or tenderness not an ounce of compassion or sympathy. A seiously cold fish.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I could almost guarantee this was going to backfire the second I seen it. Celebrities clambering over one another to do good deeds for a wee guy they have absolutely no idea who he is or what he's done.

Absolutely embarrassing.

8. Mince.Charming

Hopefully if it was a set up they still get invited to the ufc and they get them in a bully circle . Few spin kicks

Officer Doofy, KRS-1888 and MacEwan like this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Is it a bit cringe, the majority of celebrities are doing it for their own image and publicity. If you wanted to help the boy you’d just find out how to contact him privately. Got no issue with one or two setting the trend and making people aware of it on social media, but there’s literally every * putting out videos. There’s a kid getting worse treatment in a school just down the road here no doubt. Probably see more videos like his come out soon.

10. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Load of *.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wee greetin faced *

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Doing it privately wouldn’t help us much in this case. Imagine you’re a 6 year old odd boy getting bullied in school and Captain * America is suddenly your mate? Wouldn’t be getting bullied anymore :56:

JimMc, Sean Daleer and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    So she filmed her son then set up a go fund me page that raised over $55,000. What exactly were people donating to fund? :43: Bunch of clowns!

I've also seen some MMA fighter messaged the mum and she replied with "us whites should stick together"

The whole thing is a complete joke! It could only happen in 'Merica.:87:

The IRA and Jack Torrance like this.
  14. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

6 year old “odd” boy :56:

Jeremie Frimpong and Liam Scales like this.
  16. Onefootwonder

Apparently the person who set up the gofundme page has zero links with the family. The guy froze the page when the mum was named as a racist.

This has happened with lots of cases where people fight to open gofundme pages. I hate how it's the first thing a lot of people think to do and the things people ask money for.

I don't trust many of them especially when random people start them on behalf of other people.

PeeKay likes this.
  17. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    The mother was asking for donations as soon as she uploaded it.

Thought that was very strange.

Jeremie Frimpong and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

First impressions are sympathy with the boy. First time I've seen the video and he looked genuinely distraught.

If there is any wrong doing I would say the Mother is using the boy rather than him being in on it.

Don't know enough to condemn her though, although the cold nature of her questioning while her son was breaking his heart does look a bit suspect.

BigWilly likes this.
  19. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Silly cow.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Was suspicious of this right away. Seemed an odd way to act around your child while he cries his eyes out.

Still funny that a load of celebrities couldn't wait to reach out to him then it all backfires.