1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kayal

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Smirkyseagull, Sep 16, 2015.

Discuss Kayal in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Causing Sheff Wed some problems so far. (Sheff Wed have Loovens and Hooper in their team tonight, incidentally.)

dm dm likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Radisson Blu, nice.

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Miss this sexy *. Was class in this first 2 seasons.

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Wish this guy was still here, would fit well in Brendan's system I think too.

Still blame that dirty * McCulloch for his downfall :38:

6. Perseus

A much changed Brighton and Hove Albion side knocked MK Dons out of the FA Cup in the third round at the Falmer Stadium this afternoon.

Beram Kayal gave the hosts an early lead with a low finish into the bottom corner, and Tomer Hemed (from a Kayal pass) sealed the victory with a header inside the final 20 minutes. http://citiblog.co.uk/2017/01/07/brighton-mk-dons-fa-cup/

Chris Hughton had made 11 changes to his Seagulls side, but it was still enough to ease past Robbie Neilson’s full strength Dons.

NB: Beram Kayal has been injured most of the season and this was his come back run out. He is expected to get his first XI place back quite quickly.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  7. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He's been injured(no surprise) for a couple of months. Good to see he's back.

8. Perseus

It is because he gets fouled a lot. Injury update.

Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion will be without midfielder Beram Kayal for about two months because of an ankle injury.

The 28-year-old Israel international sustained the injury in the 2-0 win over Barnsley last month.

Kayal has had an operation and Seagulls boss Chris Hughton hopes he will be able to return to training in December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37647595

Zander likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Doesn't mention that he assisted in the second, as well as scoring..

10. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Someone wanna refresh my memory a bit? Kayal's been hailed and since he's moved on he's been rememebered fondly. He certainly seemed to enjoy his time at the club and all.

However, one thing that I never understood and never got past me, was something I read the summer before he left (Lennon out/Deila in 2014). Remember seeing an interview where basically torched Scotland, the SPL and to an extent his teammates. He basically said his career was ruined by Lee McCoulouch and that if not for him he would've moved to a better league with higher pay. He also said he was fine with moving on from Celtic and that he hoped the Manchester United would renew interest they had in him years prior. I also recall him talking about his teammates and Scotland in general, something about the weather and peoples accents', and he described how people sounded odd because they talked differently.

I dont know if Im thinking of a different player (dont think so), but if not I'm kinda curious as to why I'm the only one who seems to care about that? He left on good terms but that interview overshadowed his last few months for me, never had any fondness for him after that.

11. Perseus

Corrected in original post. Just seen it on the local news. Disguised pass to his compatriot.

Barton kicked him out of the game for Burnley as well last season.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Never heard that before

13. Aidan O’Shea

Not heard that Kayal story before. Kind of hoping it's true just to inject some drama into the proceedings.

14. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    I believe it was a story originally published in Israel and then caught wind in Glasgow. Tried to find it earlier but couldn't.

Only brought it up cause everytime I see the Kayal thread pop up, I think back to that story when I see people claiming how good he was and how we'd be lucky to have him back. Not to say people are wrong for having that opinion but to me, he left sour in my opinion, unlike Wanyama or Ledley who left in full recognition of the club.

15. Perseus

Two years ago: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...s/celtic-midfielder-beram-kayal-slams-3338953

I think players used to get more time on the ball in the EPL. Not in the English Championship?

Some teams (e,g Spurs) play a heavy pressing game and not so much time this season? Anyrate, this is where Beram Kayal somes into his own as he is quick with his decisions and quite quick off the mark with his acceleration. I don't know why his goals tally is not that good, but he scores from outside of the box, but rarely gets on the end of passes, a provider more so.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/33318/History/Beram-Kayal

CalgaryBhoy and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He wasn't that great tbh.

I found the article you refer to but it's from the DR so I'm not linking it.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Don't know why he doesn't score? Near every shot outside the box is lucky not to hit his own corner flag. His shooting was one of the worst I'd seen. He scored one in Europe and for about 2 months would try to shoot every time he had it. Everytime nearly hitting the corner flag.

19. barrybhoy85

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Will see him in the EPL next year. Been a revelation at Brighton since he left us. Shame injuries ruined his time at Celtic, really liked the guy.

JML67 likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Doing really well for himself.

He was a good player and during tjat first season with us put in some top class performances. I remember Man United and Liverpool being linked.

Injury (one in particular) * him. Even after he got back fit he was never the same for us, however was never really given an extended run back in the side. We did have other options at the time I suppose.

Still only 28.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    barrybhoy85 likes this.