1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Seems like he has the right sort of influences at the club.

His influences outside of the club will have a big factor in how well he develops too, along with his innate desire to become a footballer. I hope he doesn't end up like a lot of talented young players in Scotland, who become more interested in getting a carry out and so on.

2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Hopefully not mate, one thing I will say(hopefully without sounding like I'm racial profiling:56:) is that the bevy culture seems to be based around white folk in Scotland. A boy with African roots may not get pulled in to that kind of crowd(hopefully).

With the hype round him at just 13, that could either make him determind to make it or make him complacent thinking he's already made it.

3. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think he was born in Ivory Coast and moved here. Don't know at what age but i'm assuming he's atleast been here for 2/3 years.

4. dmac

Still young and has a lot to learn, has the potential to be a great player if looked after. Let him develop for a few more years then see what he is capable off.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He's went from skilful wee guy on a YouTube video to now playing for the Development side, training with the first team and the SFA trying to tie him up to Scotland in the space of a week :56:

Time to take a collective deep breath with him before the papers try and bury his career before it's even started.

6. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

That Dortmund "Manager" :56:

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

he's not happy is he. :56:

8. Pacific Ocean Blue

I'm hoping he doesn't go down the same route as Islam Feruz

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was playing for a Celtic affiliated side in Govan at 5...so at the very least, he's been here 8 year's..

Been great exposure for the boy and club, but hope it dies off now as the likelihood of him making it here is still slim at this point... Although he does look exceptional..

All it takes is an injury or some stagnation and bang, he's out the door by 16/17..

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Feruz is the best thing that ever happened to our academy. All you do when the best one's want to leave early, is show them a picture of Feruz and say, where's he now son?

Shaun and Raoul Duke like this.
  11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Great news.

12. Shaun

Yup...Money and being in the EPL to one side, I think we could show the young bhoys many images of many players. Liam Miller etc. Hope they do what Moussa Dembélé did, come to a HUGE club age 19 when, easily he could have followed the money. No matter how long he is with us, he will know the pressure of having to win every game, perform every game. But also know he can't score every game, you could see early on it was getting to the kid, now look at him. PERFECT example of a good kid with a good agent. And Rodgers factor too of course. Hope this kid breaks through age 16, keeps doing what he does and we tie him down, he falls in love with us like KT has and never leaves and goes on to get his statue...
    ....But he is 13 years old, I just know as a club we are helping this kid and his family well. He can't have his head turned, as you say, we can show him many, tons of players who left to go to nowhere, never to be heard about again. Here he can become Global, or more Global. All the small sides like Man City with lots of money will be wanting this kid. Hope we can get him signed early.

:shamrock:

13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The hype surrounding this boy on social media is mental. Every facebook page, twitter account etc talking about him. Sure I heard a clip for super scoreboard talking about him as well.

Absolutely mental for a 13 year old footballer to be getting so much attention. Just need to hope he keeps working away and doesn't let it all get to him.

Wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona are keeping tabs on him after that game against them.

Shaun likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    100%..

Big Dembele is not only a great signing for his quality, but paving the way for us as a club to come to for young boy's, to develop. He literally had his pick, but came here to play first team football in the champion's league. Look how that's turned/turning out...and he's the talk of Europe with rave reviews..

It's brilliant for us as a club, when trying to find more gems..

We've done it well with unknown diamonds, but this really is the first of a kind with a guy already well known, proven in a tough league and much coveted by massive club's around Europe. As well as starting at Psg..

Puts us in a real good light..

Intellectually Absurd and Shaun like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I just actually lost myself and forgot what Dembele I was on about. Haha, sorry big man..

Losing it..

Shaun likes this.
  16. Shaun

Yeah totally, I think Moussa Dembele signing was a mark of what Rodgers can do. I think as a club we spend 3/4 seasons in CL doing well, then have 2/3 seasons fecking things up. High time we raised the bar and made sure we stay at a level we are historically known to play at for ever. I think Rodgers and this board (HOPE) can mould our Giant of a club to a new level and stay there. If we do eventually sell Moussa for say £30M, I think that will be the game changer, we can then try and get away from selling for £10M to EPL and start to get SERIOUS money in on a regular basis. We will lose players to smaller clubs, but already in these few short months you/me/everyone can see the intent from the club, Rodgers and the players love it. I know Commons and others are giving all they have, will they get a chance? I don't know, but it's good to hear the players LOVE working for Celtic and our playing staff...

:shamrock:

And that's ok, happens to me daily.... :biggrin:

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That's why getting in the Group's this year was monumental. Seeing the group and the deflation (of how tough it was) to actually now believing we can get European football beyond Xmas, would again add so much belief around the club, and another wad of cash in with the rest already in the kitty. Another step in the way of assembling a ready made with the experience gained and finances to add to what we've got..

I have total faith in Rodgers to deliver much in a short space of time, all the way through the age group's. See he's really wanting that indoor facility improved with the pitches..

Aye that 10 mill glass ceiling, to 12 needs wiped. The media run with it, we do as well. "who's gonna be the next 10 million sale". * that. If we have guy's talked about across the big guns of Europe, smashing them in against the top team's of Europe, bigged up by Zizi and mooted talks of French full team call ups...then why can't we charge the going rate for what he'd be worth down South?

Right now, I wouldn't sell him for 20 mill...and I'm positive club's would pay that, already. In 2 year's time, that could drastically raise to 30..

You pay what the hottest young striker's are worth in Europe, and there isn't many about, who can make the impact and sound's across the continent that he has..

Shaun likes this.
  18. Shaun

Think Ronny said "If I can not spend money on a player and have a full size, indoor pitch, I would do that"..
    Looks like Rodgers agrees or the club are maybe thinking about it. We fans (Not all) complain about "Where is all the money" but look at Celtic Park, UNREAL GOOD what the club have done inside and out. I think we have every chance of being a HUGE club in Europe for many years, if the board back Rodgers plan. He is a young manager, he has hinted he could stay for life, and hinted he "Might go elsewhere someday"....I hope he stays and gets his statue somehow..

Good chat..!

:celt_2:

19. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    From the Sun:
    So seems he was born in London, then moved up here and grew up in Glasgow.

Although I am no liking all the attention he is getting from the press and also don't like this special treatment. For such a young boy to get all this attention, could do more damage than good if it gets to his head. Just hope he has good people around him to guide him and keep him grounded.

Still though think its a good move by the SFA, clearly learning from their mistakes with McGeady and McCarthy.
    If he fulfils his potential, then he could be a huge player for Scotland and he alone can take Scotland up a few levels. Just like Bale with Wales, an half decent side who have achieved so much success lately because they have a world class superstar.

20. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Looks to be a tremendous talent. Hopefully his agents have their heads screwed on :50: