1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Sensational talent

Tommy25 and Keano88 like this.
  4. Dembele the next messi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Give this wee guy 3 years to bulk up and get a little taller and he will be unplayable.
    Can see him going out on loan or being put in the development side next season to form him up for the challenges ahead!

Whoflungdung likes this.
  5. Keano88

I could actually see him playing at least 10 games next season.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Give this wee guy 3 years and he walks away in a free

7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KARAMOKO Dembele has thanked his Celtic team mates for helping him to cope with making the step up into the Parkhead first team - and targeted making more appearances next season.

Dembele was handed his debut for the Glasgow club in their final Ladbrokes Premiership match of the 2018/19 campaign against Hearts at Celtic Park back in May aged just 16 when he came on as a second-half substitute.

There has been great excitement about the emergence of the skilful winger since he played for the Celtic Under-20 side aged just 13 back in 2016 and his promotion to the senior team as such a young age has fuelled that further.

But the Scotland Under-17 player, who will fly out to Austria with Neil Lennon’s squad tomorrow for their pre-season training camp, has paid tribute to his team mates for enabling him to deal with that.

“There has been a lot of attention and a lot of pressure,” he told Celtic TV. “But my family and I have dealt with it well to be honest. Everyone has helped me get through it. I keep my head down and focus on football purely.

“Obviously I am not on the same level of development as them, but they have helped with managing my body and things like that. They manage how much running I do because obviously I am not as developed as everyone else.

“It’s really intense, but then this is my first pre-season with the first team and it is good to get that experience in with the boys. It’s much different (to playing with the reserve team) because the players are much more experienced. It is much better and more physical. It will obviously help me in the future so that is a good thing.

“Everything is much quicker when you play for the first team – you need to think quicker, you need to play quicker. It is really good to be honest for me and my progression in football.

It is another opportunity for me to get into that first team and learn from everybody as well because this is my first pre-season away with them. It will be really good to see what it’s like. There are going to be games over there so hopefully I can get the opportunity to play in some of the games and prove myself.”

Dembele, who was born in London to Ivorian parents and brought up in Scotland, admitted he was surprised to get his chance against Hearts last season. But he stressed that he relished the experience and would like to do it again in the 2019/20 campaign.

“It was unbelievable,” he said. “I wasn’t really expecting it. When I came on everyone was screaming my name. It was crazy. It was quite hard not to smile, but it was really nice. As soon as I got on the pitch, I didn’t want the game to finish. It was that good a feeling. I am looking forward to this season and hopefully getting another chance.

“There had been a lot of build-up, but finally getting to do it was kind of like a relief in a way. It was really good just to be able to deal with football. My family have been with me every step of the way through my journey so it was obviously a proud moment for them to see me do well.

“This season I will just focus on trying to get into the first team and getting as many opportunities as I can. I will do that in training and try to prove that in games as well. I will be relentless with it.”

Dembele also praised Lennon, who handed him his long-awaited debut, for his encouragement and advice. “He has been really good with me,” he said. “He has just said to keep my head down and focus on football purely. That is it really.

Tommy25, FCBarca and Rydo1888* like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE Celtic squad depart for their pre-season camp in Austria and Switzerland this afternoon (Monday), and amongst the Bhoys will be Karamoko Dembele who joins the first-team on pre-season for the first time.

The highly-rated 16-year-old made his eagerly-awaited senior debut on the final league game on the 2018/19 season in Celtic’s 2-1 win against Hearts.

Dembele then accompanied the rest of the squad in the Treble Treble celebrations at Hampden as Neil Lennon’s side clinched the Scottish Cup, and he is now eyeing more of the same in the upcoming season.

Following a brief summer break, the young forward returned to Lennoxtown where he joined the rest of the Hoops first-team for the start of pre-season. His hard work has earned him a place in the squad departing for Vienna today, and he believes the experience will be huge for his development.

“This is my first pre-season with the first-team and it’s good to get that experience in with the boys,” Dembele told Celtic TV when asked about the trip. “The first week was intense. We’ve done a lot of running, but I got through it and I’m looking forward to going away now.

Everyone’s been good with me and helping me through. I’m not on the same level of development as the rest of the boys but the staff have helped me manage my body and manage how much running I do.

“It’s another opportunity for me to get into the first-team and learn from everyone. This is my first pre-season away with them so it’ll be really good to see what it’s like. There’s going to be games over there as well so it’ll be an opportunity to play and prove myself.”

Dembele also reflected on his debut with the first-team and said, with the help of the manager, he is hoping to build on that in the upcoming campaign.

“My debut was unbelievable," he said. "I wasn’t expecting that kind of reception, it was crazy. As soon as I got on, I just never wanted the game to finish, it was that good a feeling. I’m looking forward to this season and hopefully I’ll get another chance.

“The manager’s been really good with me, telling me to keep my head down and focus purely on football.

“This season I’m focusing on trying to get in the first-team and get as many opportunities as I can. I need to do that in training and prove it in games as well. I just need to be relentless with it.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

He is just so cute and likeable I love the wee man :52:

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Think he’s being geared up to play a bigger part than most would imagine, myself included.

Marked improvement in his size and build in the space of 6 months.

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Seen a highlight were he left Hayes for dead and Hayes isn't slow BTW

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

That jacket is class

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  16. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’ll be fine to play in the qualifiers although I don’t think he will.

He’s tiny in terms of height but has a low centre of gravity, is quick on the turn, and protects the ball really well.

Probably going to get booted up and down the park whenever he plays.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Highly doubt he will play. He’s good enough but I doubt he will.

I’d absolutely him to be a part of the side this season, start the odd game when we need to rest players and have him coming off the bench too.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Jeremie Frimpong

How do we give him game time with Forrest and Shved both playing on the right too? Could one of them play through the middle or on the left?

20. Goggzy60

Possibly be Karamoko played in the middle where he can have extra protection