1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Just saw the I.S.S.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by jake10, Jul 7, 2019.

Discuss Just saw the I.S.S. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Sat in my partners garden having a smoke about an hour ago, 3am, I look up at the stars, stoned and I see a star moving across the sky at a steady pace not like a shooting star, I know I'm stoned but it's the I.S.S. I know this because I used to get txts/e-mails that told you when, what altitude and direction of travel. I'm regularly awake through the night and I love the thought that humans are up there, circling our planet all the time and have been for over 15 years, we are an amazing species, saying that people regularly die from lack of food and clean water, we can put people in space but not provide clean drinking water to all our people, we are an amazing species.
    I recommend going to the NASA website and signing up for alerts, even if you aren't awake through the night there will be sightings late evening and early morning and obviously in winter with more darkness there are more opportunities

Gavmontic likes this.
  2. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Were The Rangers far behind it?

3. Momo Sylla

Pretty easy to spot if you know when it's passing but cool nonetheless. Really need to get away from civilisation for the best views as there's just too much light pollution.