1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Reason he is starting is surely to push the price up

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Atrocious..

Always has game's like that in him..

Stepping out to a man and leaving one free to run in one on one. No looking and playing hospital ball's. Done it first half to Jullien chest height and he almost got injured and then done it to Broony and they should've equalised..

Abysmally * poor dumpling at time's..

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

A few hairy moments, aye

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lille are set to up the ante for Jozo Simunovic - after they banked a record-breaking £72million last night.

The Ligue 1 side have already entered talks with Celtic but haven't been unable to agree a deal.

Sources close to the situation have suggested the Parkhead side turfed out an opening proposal of just over £4m in recent weeks but Lille are set to rekindle their interest and go in higher.

Sources close to the situation have suggested the Parkhead side turfed out an opening proposal of just over £4m in recent weeks but Lille are set to rekindle their interest and go in higher.

It means the French side now have major financial muscle and they are expected to go back to Celtic with a much-improved offer.

Lille coach Christophe Galtier has already confirmed his interest in the big Croatian and is keen to land him.

Galtier has a string of scouting reports on the 24-year-old from last season.

The Lille coach has already snapped up his former Hoops team-mate Timothy Weah, who was at Parkhead on loan last season, in a £12m move from Paris Saint Germain in the summer.

Celtic have made it clear that they are not actively looking to sell Simunovic and if they do then any offer would need to be top drawer.

The problem is that Simunovic only has two years left on his contract and has still to commit to an extension.

Celtic may look to sell him if the money is right rather than running the risk of letting him run down his contract.

Ronny Deila paid around £4m to sign the big central defender from Dinamo Zagreb back in 2015 and the recent opening gambit would merely see a return on their money for the big defender. The ball is firmly in Lille's court.

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Unless we have a good center back lined up to come in no way we should be selling Simunovic now. That would leave us very light at center back if we did. Given the load of games we play we need 4 established center backs. Right now we have Julian, Ajer and Simunovic although Biton can step in if needed but we are already light in that position IMHO and selling Simunovic would be very risky unless as I say we have a good replacement lined up already.

7. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    That would be a Celtic thing to do, Finally be working towards getting a decent backline with cover and sell one of them to become light again. That is that there still going to get a couple more players at the back.
    Can be lackadaisical at times, had a decent end to last season though!

8. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If its over 8 million sell

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

On the one hand he is prone to a clanger on occasion, isn't an automatic first pick, has 2 years left on his deal and may decide against signing an extensions and £4 million+ would be a reasonable fee.

On the other hand we'd be losing another experienced player that's been around the club for years, his performances drastically improved under Lennon at the end of last season and I have absolutely no faith in us being able to complete a deal for a similar or better level of player to replace him.

Meh.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm fine with selling him if we get mega money and we get a replacement in.

This £4m pish is nonsense. That's an automatic rejection.

11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not too fussed either way, he's not so good I'd be gutted if he left but I also wouldn't mind if he stayed as he's got experience and he's decent cover.

Would generate funds for the McKenna deal I suppose...

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    If only our recruitment was better we wouldn't think twice of selling jozo or any of our players tbh. He is very average imo and we could do better there but our recruitment is so poor it would probably take us til deadline day before we signed another cb.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So told Leicester McGregor not for sale

Then told Lille Jozo not for sale

KT however is for sale - imo he has asked to move on or that’s the only way we can sign new players if Lenny has been told he has to move KT on - either way it stinks to high heaven!

LectersLuncheon and freitassen like this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Papers are full of * they are projected to make 72 million from the pepe sale.... They banked 20 million. Up front and receive the rest in installments

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

15. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Meh over 5 mill I'd sell.
    He should have pushed on to become a team leader, but he's been overtaken by Ajer in that regard.

Can't play on plastic pitches either.

16. JamesM09

The way I see this one is it should be purely a management call.

2 years left on his contract and allegedly a £4m offer.

Either you decide he’s good enough and you offer an acceptable extension, or you sell (maybe get £5m-£6m) and the manager should get 100% of that and the wages to buy a replacement. A simple stick or twist.

17. saltire78

Wasn't there something about the club Simo came from inserting a MASSIVE sell-on clause? Seem to remember it at the time, something stupid like 20-25%... could be wrong g, or it could've been * right enough...

18. dmccourt95

Whoever wrote that article needs to learn more adjectives, used the word big to describe Jozo about 6 times

19. jamiebhoy67

If we could sell him.and sign benkovic I would be very happy but wont happen

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I can see us selling Jozo and replacing him with that 18 year old Partizan Belgrade CB Lenny was looking at. Because we want experience...