1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He would just glide passed everyone and outstrengthen them. Would love to see him come up against Halliday, McCrorie and co :rofl:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ahahaha brilliant :biggrin: that's what I was thinking, he's a pure powerhouse, players just bounce off him. The Queen Elizabeth Hospital would be busy after that game :56:

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Bookmarked .

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Rather than clutter up the Boyata thread, I'll ask it here. Would you sell him?

I would. Even domestically, he can't play on artificial surfaces and several SPL clubs have them now. His injury history worries me and Rodgers even alluded to it in an interview.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Yes I would. He has the potential to be a great player but like you said about not being able to play on 4g pitches and his dip in form plus he does get injured if we got offered good money for him if would probably take it.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think I have ever seen anything in Simunovic, looks weak to me. At least with Boyata you could argue that despite the mistakes he is very solid in the air and can play the basics well. With Simunovic I just see a weak player who can easily get bullied off the ball. I would rather use Ajer and Hendry.

7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Think he’ll go the same way as Erik. Shame cause I really liked him in Brendan’s first season

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yep. Not good enough to be a first choice centre-half at the club, has rightly fallen behind Ajer and Boyata as first choice picks. I feel he gets a free pass at times as people prefer to slate Boyata for some reason.

Granted I'd rather see some one come in before he goes, Hendry isn't up to task yet and Compper is a write off. As for a fee, hard to know really. Would probably accept anything of £2.5m upwards? His international career is over for the foreseeable future too

Said it before, but wish we'd kept Eoghan O'Connell on for another season or two

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    O’Connell has barely featured for League 1’s Bury. Don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for us.

10. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I think Brendan has a problem with his lack of mobility, he's quite robotic.

11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Make or break preseason for him. Really needs to up his game, and me, his passion to play football. Seems like at times he just * out and can't be arsed.
    There is a player in there which we have all seen. Just needs to man up and take control and he could have a future

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Due to injury (two surgeries) not ability.

Thought he was excellent in UCL qualifying when Brendan first arrived, particularly Astana and was rewarded with start in Nou Camp.

freitassen likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I would, but only for £5m+. He's definitely got potential and has shown he can boss it domestically. Could be replaced though, especially for that kind of fee in return.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

I wouldn't sell the best defender we have ,at least until we get 2more cb's in

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Read the title, this is about Jozo

Murph-E and Spring Time like this.
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lille after him for £5m.

Any deal from them should include Edgar Ie coming this way. Would even do a straight swap with both and no money.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

French club Lille are set to launch a £5million bid for Celtic defender Jozo Simunovic.

The troubled Liga 1 side are rebuilding after the departure of coach Marcelo Bielsa and a narrow escape from relegation in the final weeks of the season.

Tipped to finish in the top five, Lille escaped the drop after scraping into 17th place. The threat of an administrative relegation imposed by the DNCG, the financial 'policemen' of the French game, was also lifted earlier this month.

And French sources have told Sportsmail that Parkhead defender Simunovic tops a list of potential reinforcements for reprieved coach Christophe Galtier.

A £2.8million signing in August 2015, the Bosnian defender signed a new four-year deal last year and remains under contract until 2021.

Close to leaving Celtic for Torino two years ago, however, the former Dynamo Zagreb central defender struggled to hold down a first-team place after sustaining a red card at Ibrox in a 3-2 win over Rangers in March.

With Belgian World Cup defender Dedryck Boyata dragging his heels over a new contract it remains to be seen if Brendan Rodgers would wish to lose another experienced central defender with Champions League experience.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Rendog likes this.
  18. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Would accept that no bother. At his very best he was probably worth double that but still a decent amount of money for him right now. Best thing I can remember from him was probably his tackling (one in particular) and his passing was good, but he’s fallen so far from how much I used to like him after the supposed Astana incident with Rodgers and some of his performances this season.

Would pay for Schar with money to spare. No brainer

19. JimMc

wots the referee doin tam

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Would still look for a wee bit more. Just cos.

ArminCeltic likes this.