1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I don’t know what is going on in his head this season but he is become a liability like Boyata

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Big Tam's goal ..............:57:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Oops wrong thread. :52: :67:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It was never a red in a million years and any Celtic fan that suggest otherwise is fur the watching.

Morelos made a mountain out of a molehill and the Tory linesman was sitting wanking himself off that he became relevant.

5. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Seen them given but it was accidental and seemed harsh, the linesman’s reaction * me off though * * couldn’t wait to get him sent off.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Yeah I don't believe it was a red either. Shock as a Celtic fan some might say but he had his eyes purely on the ball, put his arm out and from most angles it didn't even look as though he made that much of connection with the ugly wee * face.

Feel he was unlucky. In saying that, Not surprised they punished him. The combination of the Tory linesman from a Hun family, combined with Murty and the crowd baying for blood, made it difficult for him to do anything else. Particularly as he did raise his arm.

Jamesy Bhoy 7 likes this.
  7. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Similar to Lustig, hopefully this red gives him time to reflect on a woeful season and come back stronger.

Can't believe he's gone from a rock to a liability in less than 12 months. Would like to keep him as I think he can be a good centre back. Would certainly rather see Boyata sold before him.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

*, even the ultimate SLIMEBALL that is Andy Walker said it was a harsh red card.

For a wee soup-taking * like him to admit that must have taken some doing...

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Never a red in a million years. * linesman was a * joke he could not hide his * zombie inner self the dirty *.

10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The fact that our fans can’t judge players impartially gives me the dry boak.

The big guy has a lot to learn and isn’t the complete centre half admittedly. If he was he wouldn’t be playing for us. He’d be playing for someone who would or could pay him more than 10k a week.

The big guy has had about three or four bad games for us tops, and people haven’t stopped giving him pelters for weeks on end.

It’s getting to the point when we’re giving free reign to * who’ve never kicked a ball in their life but feel they’ve got the right to criticise players when they’ve no idea what they’re talking about. That’s what happens with phone ins and football forums right enough.

People are either ungrateful, weren’t around in other eras, or simply don’t understand how difficult it is to be a central defender in an attack minded team.

He’s 23 for * sake, he’s no more than a boy and still learning. He’s been almost faultless in his time at us when he’s had to put up with recurring injuries and an attempt from the club to sell him.

He carried the defence last year, is comfortable on the ball, positionally aware and a born winner. Get a competent right back alongside him, Ajer, and Tierney and we’re on to a winner.

People need to watch the games and base their opinion on what a player has done for Celtic rather than listen to Superscoreboard and read the Daily Record.

Honestly, so many opinions in here are based off observations from * in the media who don’t even watch games.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    When he fell faster than an apple it made me think of the famous Celtic fan Einstein, if he was alive having a patronising word with the linesman. "I thought * didn't play dice but now after seeing you I realise it's netball he doesn't play. Imagine you judging a non contact sport. It's ironic, power corrupts and here's you playing * trying to change the laws of physics. Like for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Yet for you it seems if the action is made by a Celtic player there is an unequal and opposite reaction 10 to the power of 55. I once said the only thing I'm sure of is two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity but I wasn't sure about the Universe. Now, after watching you doing a Hitler impression I am sure and quite impressed, you've proven the Universe is much smaller than stupidity yet it all manages to fit inside this stadium. No wonder it is crumbling, something can only get so big before it collapses in on itself and starts sucking. I mean look around you, the team sucks, the owner sucks and the fans are all suckers. And you suck! Removing a Celtic player so they would collapse too but the mighty Hoops obey the laws of physics and when you sucked that hard they produced an equal and opposite reaction and blew you all away! 3 to the power of 2, 10 to the power of 11! GIRFUY!! You got pumped harder than when I met Marilyn :56:"

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

Did Morelos make a meal of it.. aye

Did Simunovic catch with his elbow.. aye

Was it a red... aye

Am a fir the watching because I disagree wi you... Naw :56:

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Been covered plenty times now but if that’s a red card the game is *.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

At the end of the day Jozo has been a liability in big away games this season Hibs, Hearts, Sheep & Hun..

Has made no defensive impact in Europe apart from in Belgium where he and Boyata were excellent, had high hopes for that partnership after that game.

Now he and Boyata both seem like a waste of a jersey and both should be shown the door.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I think it makes it harder to swallow because of the wee Tory Hun shooting his bolt in giving it..

But if it had been the other way round I would have wanted a red. It was stupid..

trackebhoy and Captain Brown like this.
  16. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I didn't think it was a red at the time but I can see why it was given.

Absolute stupidity from Jozo, giving the ref a decision to make.

As you say JC if it was the other way around, I'd be screaming for a red.

Also, Brendan said he can see why it was given too... Is he for the watching? :56:

JC Anton likes this.
  17. apevrak

You think Stockley's elbow on Tierney in the cup final should've been a red? I certainly think so, it was done with intent IMO.

Going into duels with elbows in face height, intentional or not, can * up teeths beyond recognition and must be punished. Jozo could be let of the hook with a yellow though.

18. 4-4-2

^^^^^This 100%.

Although I have very little time for him in his defence the assistant didn't give 'Lord of the Rings ref' much choice as he was so insistent it was nothing other than red. Also grudge to say it, but the wee creature did very well to allow play to continue when Brown was clattered in the lead up to our 2nd as some refs would have stopped play to book the player thus preventing us the goal scoring opportunity which we executed.

He is still rank though as gave numerous petty fouls and that wee face.....you'd use it as a door stop :)

Captain Brown likes this.
  19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If it never in a million years was a red I'd still want a red so that argument doesn't stand up.

As I said elsewhere, where does the line get drawn? You can put your arm across an opponent but only if your forearm is at a particular angle perpendicular to your body?

Either the rules state you can't use an arm at all, making it a non-contact sport, or you rid the game of feigning injury by starting to book players who roll about after a brush off an opponent. I know which I'd prefer.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought it was a red at the time and my mind hasn't been changed.

If it was the other way about I'd want a red, simply because it was a red.