1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Cifuentes

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Jun 22, 2019.

Discuss Jose Cifuentes in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    We have loads of developing players who will have a sell on value if they're given the chance.
    There is nowt mental about what I've said and I'm not saying every player we buy must be experienced.
    But I think we need a couple of more experienced tougher players...I think our midfield despite being good quality footballers are pretty weak.

Fully87 likes this.
  2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I'm not saying we stop signing players like this...right now we need something different...sign too many prospects and some will never get a proper chance.

3. Cupid Stunt

I don't really know how many actual prospects we have though.

Johnstone aside it's only really Henderson, Dembele and Oko Flex that I can think of that are properly looking like they may get some game time this season but even then this guy coming in wouldn't have much impact on their minutes and looks more first team ready physically than those.

4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Lewis Morgan , Luca Connell, Shved and Bayo can all be added to the developers currently at the club.

Fully87 likes this.
  5. Cupid Stunt

Yeah true enough, but I still don't see them being hampered by this guy.

There's plenty of football to be played this season whether it be first team or development squad and having a strong list of prospects can't do any harm going forward.

We also have the option to loan the likes of Morgan back out.

Fully87 likes this.
  6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    To win the league this year we will have to win 3 out of 4 against them.
    The refs will make sure they are ahead playing the rest.
    This year is massive and we need a few players who can give it out...we had none at Ibrox and little in the second victory at Celtic Park.

Fully87 likes this.
  7. Cupid Stunt

I think the squad in general was/is just a bit stale and burnt out.

I don't think they have any more real battlers than we do.

Are we seriously suggesting the likes of Jack and Arfield are the sort of player we'd want in our team?

This guy looks like a battler though so would add something that you think is missing?

Also, I wouldn't put too much weight on our games against them, as long as we beat the rest we could probably afford to lose all 4 games against the Huns as they will drop plenty of points over the course of the season. I don't think their squad is much improved from last year and losing Candeias, potentially Taveneir, potentially Morelos and not getting Kent back will seriously hurt them. Not great players, but consistently put points on the board and will be difficult to replace like for like in one window.

We are ultimately a quality RB, a solid box to box type and possibly a striker away from walking the league, which is what makes our transfer dealings so frustrating especially when there is genuinely a good amount of cash sitting there ready.

Back to back CL campaigns followed by Europa after Xmas, Van Dijk, Rodgers and Dembele money and we can't find a * right back?

Fully87 and Avatar Daizen like this.
  8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Back to back CL campaigns followed by Europa after Xmas, Van Dijk, Rodgers and Dembele money and we can't find a * right back?[/QUOTE]

Tells you everything about the board we have.

Ok ...Ibrox is gonna be an interesting one.

Let's wait and see...I hope I'm wrong.

dmccourt95 and Cupid Stunt like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ecuadorian midfielder José Cifuentes was interviewed by the Scottish press and there he responded to Celtic coach Neil Lennon, who had confirmed days ago interest in his services.

"He is a player we know very little about, but yes ... he is one who has appeared on our radar, so that's all I can say about it," said the British strategist.

In dialogue with Football Scotland, the player from America said that Lennon's words are “very important and something that fills me with pride. But we need to see what happens. "

Cifuente, who stood out in the Under 20 World Cup in Poland, admitted that he would like to play in Europe and, especially, in the former European champion.

" I think it is a rumor and, as for any contact, My agent is handling that. I understand that there is interest but nothing concrete. I want to have the opportunity to go to Europe. Celtic is a big club with everything they play. He had heard about the club before, "he said.

According to this portal, although Manchester City is also after the 'Tricolor', the Scots take advantage of the flexibility in work permits.

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    The is just regurgitated pish, is someone just churning out the same story and hitting the amnesia button.

11. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    He's joining man city

12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Man city have made their move apparently.

The farce continues.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He will join us on loan

14. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Dinny want him on loan though mate. We can afford to buy him. Ridiculous

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. john2061

The midfield still needs a big tank like guy in the middle of the park as the last 2 zombie games at the bigotdome we were outplayed and we still really have the same midfield from these two games and would like us to bring in two players .

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Daily record claiming we are done unless we sell tierney which I think myself is *

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If he does come to us it will probably be a 2 year loan deal as looking at him he has barely kicked a ball in Ecuador which probably isn't too high a standard so could take him a good year to break into the team.

18. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I don't think it is *, don't know why folk keep giving board benefit of doubt, we have been the same for years. I admire the board in a sense for making us well run off the field but I also want us to blooter they * over the road into liquidation by us investing heavily this summer and getting players of quality to guarantee the 10iar. They would die as they would invest more to try stop us but they haven't got much left unless Harvey price is sold!

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We should go for Quintero, especially if Eboue is heading out on loan or sold. Man City will offer 20K per week easily, we should of been all over this but by Lennons comments we are hopefully concentrating on the defence first.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Manchester City have made their move for Ecuadorian wonderkid Jose Cifuentes amid interest from Celtic.

The 20-year-old star of this summer's U20 World Cup is understood to be at the centre of a two-way fight between the Hoops and the English Premier League champions for his services and last week revealed his dream to play in Europe.

Now, according to reports in South America, City Football Group have presented a formal offer to Universidad Católica del Ecuador for Cifuentes who is currently on loan at America de Quito.

A deal could be thrashed out in the next 24 hours.

Neil Lennon confirmed last week that the starlet was "on the radar" as he looked to add a new dimension to his Celtic midfield.

And the Scottish champions held an advantage over their English counterparts due to the more relaxed work permit rules north of the border. But no concrete offer had been made and Man City appear to have stolen a march.

Whether Pep Guardiola would require Cifuentes in his first-team squad straight is up for debate and, should a transfer to the Etihad go through, then the talented youngster could be farmed out on loan.

The relationship between Celtic and City has been strong in recent years with Patrick Roberts, Jason Denayer and Daniel Arzani moving from the Etihad to Parkhead for loan spells and Dedryck Boyata and Olivier Ntcham heading north on permanent deals.

Lennon is known to be keen to add another midfielder to his squad ahead of the push for 9 in a row. Although another defender remains the priority.