1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] John McGinn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 5, 2017.

Discuss John McGinn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye. He reminds me of Brown quite a bit. Not just the obvious comparisons but in terms of his style too.

I think this will happen.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm saying get rid of Bitton anyway. I don't rate him either.

No question? Even though Bitton has put performances in for us in the top league that McGinn could only dream of? Okay.
    Bitton will be one of the first out of the door in the summer as well. Brown Armstrong McGregor Rogic Kouassi would all get in any of the three central positions ahead of him even if you take out Bitton.

Shouldn't really be surprised McGinn is the great new hope among some on here. Same happened with Scott Allan and Henderson after decent seasons in the second division. Both are nowhere near our level either as well.

3. Damnati

St Mirren board/management * up McGinn and McLean were their only decent players. Hibs were also unlucky last year in a competitive league. You can't judge a player by his team anyway but you know that.

With regards to his football brain, Brendan actually praised his tactical understanding of the game so I think you are way off with that also. I think the reason that he doesn't sit in front of the defence is that he's one of Hibs better players so they want him on the ball further up the park. But we can agree to disagree!

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know the point about the teams. But people on here are appointing him as the heir to Broony fucksake.

If his mentality was even half as good as Brown's there's no way he'd have been related then spent two years in the championship. People can say they think he'd do a job or whatever.

But claiming he could be Brown's replacement is a * insult :rofl:

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's one of those guys that I'd * love to see smash it here.
    Utter bollocks.

They are very different types of players for a start. Bitton is classier but McGinn does the dirty work which never looks as pleasing on the eye, but it's necessary. St Mirren fans loved McGinn so he clearly was performing well at this level for a much weaker team.

Like I said, McGinn usually gave Brown a good game. Can you imagine Bitton up against Brown? He'd walk off greeting at full time.

He's not the "great new hope" at all. People can just see that he has talent and plenty of time on his side. Considering what Rodgers has done for Armstrong and McGregor, I have complete faith in him to develop McGinn if he signs.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He's a couple of years younger than Brown was when he joined us.. he does has the potential to be a really good player..

Remember him giving Broonie a hard time physically when he played for St.Mirren.

Wouldn't be against it, under BR he could be a really good addition.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In the cup against them that ginger * from Newcastle, Newton bullied Wanyama. Should we sign him as well?

I don't rate Bitton and think he should be first out the door. You're talking as if I actually like Bitton.

Bitton was running the show against Inter Milan not so long ago and the support was worried about his contract running down.

Who gives a * if McGinn runs about more than a centre player or flies into a tackle quicker than him. That doesn't make him a better player :giggle1: we're wanting to do stuff in Europe. McGinn patently isn't good enough for that level.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Look how Armstrong has developed though and McGinn has a couple of more caps than him, there's potential there and he knows what is expected at our club.

Could learn loads from Broonie and BR..

9. ladbroke8

Seems a long time ago. Tony Watt runs more shows now.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Precisely.

He's 22 for * sake. Still has plenty of time to develop. It's laughable that people are writing him off as some sort of dud.

JC Anton likes this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Who's saying he's a dud :rofl:?

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Of course he could. But he won't ever be good enough for a team that want to make their mark in Europe.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sorry, not a dud. Just a headless chicken with no positional sense who is shifted to the left because he can't be trusted in the centre of Hibs midfield in the Championship.

Better?:84:

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In the championship for two years running as well.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Too early to say, as a club we need the correct blend and someone with his defensive midfield attributes could be very useful in Europe.

In Scotland, domestically when we have the ball breaking down tight defences might not be his forte. However in Europe when we have less possession and are subject to swift counter attacks, he could definitely be an asset.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I reckon we should * our entire war chest on him.

17. Damnati

What do you think is so insulting about it? :39:

Nobody is saying that we could sign him and just drop Brown. Brown will be around for a few years yet and McGinn would be well placed learning from him during that time and could potentially reach a similar level in a few years. Is that better?

It took years for people to fully appreciate Scott Brown for * sake, cut McGinn some slack :56:

18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wouldnt say he is the great new hope but he is playing better than Bitton and more consistently, too.
    Bitton was a good player but it seems that he doesnt even want to try anymore.
    That's the reason i want rid of him.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    How old do you think brown was when he joined us?

This is browns ninth year. Next year is tenth. And he is 30.

Mcginn is 22.

Will let you do the math

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

20. doctor venglos

McGinn would do all the dirty work that Brown does, and would be a good stand in for whenever Brown is injured or suspended, Biton can't do that job, he is a bit of a fairy :giggle2:

And of course we will also probably buy a top drawer central midfielder this close season, more in tune with the Champions League.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.