1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Johan Mjallby

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dubsbhoy, Jun 3, 2004.

Discuss Johan Mjallby in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. D'Ecosse

:50: :50:

2. greenstatus

:smiley-laughing002: :smiley-laughing002:

3. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Head in the sand I'm afraid. Smileys now being used as justification for a point rather than Neil Warnock, shows the depths of your argument.

How do you know there wasn't a covenant or non disclosure in his contract?

At the end of the day I Neil Lennon admitted a few weeks back that funds were part of the issue also, so it was mentioned before now.

I go to every match without fail, have sat in the same seat in the south west corner since the season we stopped the 10 and have already bought my book this year outright.

I just know that as a paying customer we are being fed bull * lies on a yearly basis from Lawell et al, and it can't continue. Some of those lies are referenced in the Peter Lawell's Lies thread too.

4. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Fair play and sorry for taking the rise. You pays your money you makes your choice.

I just think that this is hardly a revelation. Firstly from a football stance. Coaches and managers feeling they want more investment is almost a given, and doesn't Johan himself say Celtic cannot be blamed for it?

Secondly I think the timing is very unfortunate and removes a lot of credibility.

And thirdly, I honestly don't think ex staff should be airing their linen in public. This is done purely to validate his move (which is not required) and is, imo, absolutely not done to reveal some massive secret to the fans. To me it's disingenuous.

Having said all that, of course I still love Mjallby. I think he's made a mis-step here. However it will be used by people with an agenda to batter the club, which is bit of a misrepresentation if you ask me.

As a committed supporter, I respect your views and sorry again. :shamrock:

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not surprised about this.. At least the big man was dignified enough to keep quiet at the time.. Very professional..

The criticism the board has encountered is justified and ex-employees speaking out can only help them to realise we need to speculate to accumulate !

Always been our problem not building from positions of strength!:31:

6. D'Ecosse

However now, when his predictions have been 'proved', he has become undignified and unprofessional, choosing to cash-in (literally).

7. murphy88

He is only confirming the fears that a lot of fans have in my opinion. Alarm bells were ringing for me when Lennon left and it became clear that he didn't have another job to go to. The fact that he would have preferred to be out a job than manage this club tells you all you need to know. We need change, starting at the top of the tree. The * is getting ripped out the club, that goes for on the park, and off it.

8. Markybhoy

Precisely. :50:

9. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Spot on! I'm glad people are talking because it adds proof to what most of us already guessed reading between the lines.

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yep loud and clear the former management, the prospective management

weren't going to collude with the board and shaft the fans

they went to ronnie with a job of growing the team from the bottom and he took it

im glad that the former management and keane and larson told lawell to gtf

the suspicions were right

saying all that i didn't think neil done a great job with the squad lots of players never got a look in and was very little rotation

this guy the current coach is a coach although in europe so far it hasnt looked like it i believe the man is now getting in his own players and will turn this round

lets not make him an enemy cause peter lawell and the board are *

11. ulsterscot

Mjallby has given us good service as a player and as a coach , it's just a pity he couldn't do the decent thing and not attempt to cause problems to the club which give him a worthwhile living for most of his professional career .

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Away and take a * to yourself you * complete mongo of a person.

13. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    That's a bit of a daft comment. I'm glad he spoke out because the fans need to know what's going on. Peter just spews out the same old line every time he speaks and expects us all to get behind it with blind faith.

14. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Folk still plopping the head in the sand in here.

What will it take for these folk to wake up and realise fans are having the * taken right out them.

Yer love for the club is being played with for financial gain.

The fans are the life blood of the club and the majority are now in a place where they shouldn't be, confused and keeping their money in their own pockets rather than support the club, why?

Coz there is no trust at boardroom level.

15. joemc

They are trying to warn us of wots going on at the club , it doesn't take a genius to work out , lenny wanted money to strengthen before the qualifiers , to much pressure last time and it was a close call so wanted to be ready .
    the board called his bluff saying its the same deal as before like wot we witnessed this year , so if we start slating celtic greats then we are no better than the rangers fans when we laughed at thier ignorance of thier foretold clubs demise , although thats not the case here but are we just ignoring the blatant facts here .

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah these guys speaking out are doing the fans a favour it doesn't denegrate ronny dehlia but it does question if the board are supporting the manager in improving the playing squad

lets put it this way had neil johan larsson not spoke out the board might not invest in players for the new coach

they have a few on loan and bought 1 lets see if they continue to support the manager with money if he wants or needs a new player or 2 :50:

17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Biscuit tin mentality rules in the CP boardroom

18. joemc

They must let the manager pick the players he wants to implement his ideas if its to work , and also pick the team , if he is not picking the players who are being brought in who is to say he is allowed to pick the team .

19. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was gonna say it's more down to poor execution of bringing players in but your point encapsulates mine.

The negotiating is no doubt a major factor in that, understandable given our limited resources, and theres always a but, if it's to the detriment of our ability to qualify for a 15-20Million pound tournament, it's * wrong.

Gross miscalculation by someone or people at our club.

We can afford to push that little but harder to ensure we pull in such a vast amount of money from that tournament and the attached income from the exposure.

20. wulliebad

You think finding out in some * paper you was not first choice but 4th or 5th does him no harm...????