1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Johan Mjallby

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dubsbhoy, Jun 3, 2004.

Discuss Johan Mjallby in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Really not surprising to hear Mjallby's comments there. All very sad. I think it had to be hard for him and Lennon to build the good young team they did and then watch as its key parts were sold off. For me the biggest problems with last summers sales were the total failure to replace Hooper and then selling Ledley in winter that was a disaster for me.
    Selling the likes of Wanyama big after buying cheap fair enough but we have to keep a core of players and losing Ledley really was a body blow for me in that regard as he should have been a big time core priority player to keep.

2. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He could have come out and said it before we had a new manager, as soon as the season was over and Lennon was no longer in charge would have been far better.

3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    He could have said it when he left. You know, as the reason for leaving and not some bullshit story about whatever the * bullshit he came out with.

Both Lennon and Mjallby have waited til there is a new guy in the job before talking * about the club. They had £11million of investment last season and flushed it right down the toilet. How many other teams in Scotland get that kind of money to spend? In fact how many other teams outwith Germany, France, Spain, England, Italy and Russia get to spend that kind of money? Yet there they were handing out spankings to us on a regular basis.
    Legia, Maribor, Karagandy, Ajax, Utrecht, Sion, Braga.... all teams with budgets less than ours.
    Maybe the board told them their choice of player wasn't value for money, or their management wasn't getting the best out of the budget, and that's why they were cutting their transfer kitty, who knows?
    If teams with smaller budgets are giving you beatings left right and centre it's not because of your board not funding your tranfers, it's because your management sucks.
    Maybe Lawell and Desmond pointed this out to those two and they didn't like it....

4. wulliebad

I didn't mean crap as in untrue but crap as * time for * story.

The club is a step up for sure but im not sure the players are.:smiley-laughing002:

5. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    * right. He should have said it was the reason for leaving at the time if he felt strongly about it. Just like Pullis and a million other managers before him.

But doing that might have made him a bit foolish had Celtic got into the group stages, so he waits.

And as soon as Celtic "fail" an objective there he is "oh aye, thats why I left actually, thought that might happen."

Why else would he wait for the "fail" if not to then justify his reasons. No point waiting on hindsight as it loses credibility imo, and for fairly obvious reasons too.

6. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    did this interview just take place or have they been sitting on it til it was marketable?how come johan never got the confidentiality clause pay off?is this wats bothering him?I've been saying * the board for a few years now but wats the alternative?this also puts penny in a bad light Wen he denied he would ever dissuade anyone from taking the manager job .dunno wats the truth here

7. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    If Lennon or Johan had said this as they left people would have said it was the wrong time also, giving Celtic a bad name and scaring off any potential candidates, their was no 'perfect time'.

They also may have signed non disclosures or had covenants in their contracts not permitting them to speak out at the beginning.

Anyway, What matters here is the truth, the truth hurts, but there is something very wrong at the club at the moment. People are glossing over the important facts by talking about timing etc.

It's very noticeable how a lot of the folk talking about the timing are the ones who consistently back the board and their ways, strange that.

8. Eddie Murphy

* it. Think it shows more that Deila, knowing what he was walking into in terms of budgets vs expectations, still went for it. Unlike others jumping ship or refusing. Can't blame folk who choose to move on, but move on eh, leave the guy to it.

And, it's not like the guy's a total nobody. Most of what we read when first appointed showed he was a young up and coming manager who earned, earned, a good reputation and was ear-marked for bigger things.

Give the guy time, aye, give hm a bit of money and you know what, give him a bit of space to make a few *-ups. Mind if Stokesy hadn't bailed out Lenny we might never have seen the might barca slain the season after.

Keep at it RD.

9. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    This, his record * all over Larssons that's for sure. Club legend or not.

10. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Aye, maybe you're right mate. After all Pullis leaving definitely has given Palace a bad name. In fact Neil Lennon,who "definitely" left Celtic for a lack of investment would never want the place job as their is obviously a lack of investment too. Or McKay, Warnock et al. Well scared off so they were!

Utter nonsense.

It's quite simple. If you leave due to being unhappy about something either a) say this is why I'm leaving or b) shut the * up. What you shouldn't do is c) wait for something to go wrong FIRST and THEN say "oh aye, yip, I knew that would happen. Actually now you mention it that's why I left."

If nothing else, it's simple logic. If there is no truth, then your best bet is to follow simple logic.

You don't know it's the truth as much as anyone else does so you can spare us from stating it as fact mate.

11. Maestro 08

Twisting the knife Johan, thanks for that. Shame you didn't have the courage of your convictions to say this when you first left. Maybe you waited so long incase we DID qualify then you would have kept it to yourself. In the future get a backbone and pipe up at the time.

12. Maestro 08

Totally, 100%, Spot on. :50:

13. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    It seems we're in a bit of a state the now...

I hope that we continue to keep pulling the thread and let the whole thing unravel so we can get these charlatans to *.

14. D'Ecosse

I always liked the big man - but now seriously disappointed in these 'revelations'
    It undermines the club and more importantly the new manager - if he really gave a * about Celtic, he'd keep his mouth shut about what he 'knows' or doesn't know instead of taking the money for a tabloid 'sensational' story
    So now I say, * off Mjallby - who do you think you are helping here?

15. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Can see why some are upset over the timing of johan's comments but what he has said is quite clearly true. This is the concerning thing for me.
    As far as ronny deila goes- he has far bigger worries than what mjallby has to say.

16. Beldub

Ffs in case we qualified??!!! we got a 2nd chance through fantastic good fortune after been humiliated
    He is saying the truth
    I have no doubt you love this club as much as I do but its time for a change RD is just a symptom not root cause ... History repeats itself this club does not belong to the Kelly family or the PLC it belongs to us the fans .. We make it & break it... We deserve better than a crazy long shot punt on a manager without any financial backing ... Sold to us as a Harry Potter Wizard who will produce total football perfection out of * all

17. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Yeah because a guy desperate for a job engulfed in scandal wanted the job and a guy who is a rank rotten manager with no proven record in the PL took the job is great vindication of your point :56:.

Tim Sherwood knocked the job back :50:

This isn't the first time we have heard this though is it? There's been murmurs of it since before Lennon left and it has only finally been confirmed.

Oh so now Johan is lying? :56:

Don't make me laugh, you keep lapping up Lawell drivel all you want, but the majority of fans now see through the lies.

Can't stop laughing at Neil Warnock being used as justification :56:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  18. Dáibhí

Come on, you honestly believe that? Seriously?

19. Darnok

I'm not seeing where it says Keane was offered the job. Not by Mjallby anyway.

20. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Can't stop laughing eh? Well your overuse of smilies seem to be proving that point to be fair. Try a wee bit less and you'll be more believable, just a wee tip

You have zero idea what the majority of fans want . Of course people are hurting after the result but it will pass in time. Hold onto your hatred though, and keep fighting those LIES!!! Let me guess - the clubs a PLC and you're being treated like a customer, am I right?

Murmers aye, tell me more about these murmurs!! Rock solid right enough.

And even if it WAS true, he spoke in hindsight - he simply wasn't brave enough to call it until he was "proved" correct which, from a purely logical viewpoint, is very telling.

Every manager in the world would like more investment. That's called football. But, if you don't like your environment, then leave and be professional. State why you left, that's anyone's prerogative.

If you TRULY love the club and don't want to be seen to be damaging it, then you might want to consider a professional silence. That's good too.

But don't wait around for something bad to happen to then tell everyone "Aye, and that why I left! I was right eh?"

It invites suspicion and with good reason, imo.

Keep fighting the fight buddy - hopefully you will rise up and expunge the LIARS and CHEATS with great haste. Only then will our club be pure and worthy of supporters like yourself.

Or you could grow up, go watch the football and support your * team. Such a penance! You can hate yourself for doing it if it makes you feel better.