1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Ledley

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Metrobhoy, Feb 26, 2012.

Discuss Joe Ledley in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I know there will be a thread on the player etc and I can assure everyone reading, I like the player however, where all the great ratings come from I don't know. I had to laugh, as being a fan in the stand against Dunfermline( big change from watching on the pc) that he was voted as a motm contender after doing he haw!

For me, sometimes your face fits etc. I wouldn't care less if we sold Ledley tomorrow but like Mulgrew he's a decent squad player. In fact, I'd rather we kept Charlie!

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Im a big fan of Ledley, he defends, he attacks, he scores goals, he can pass/cross/tackle, he runs all day.

Absolute class player. Actual real Class where class just oozes out of him similar to Chris Sutton for me anyway.

For me a decent squad player would be someone like Willo Flood or Stepehen Hughes or David Hannah or Kevin Thomson or even Liam Miller after Man U or a player like that.

Joe Ledley is a quality first team player.

3. Seosamh Máirtín

He is definitely an important player for us. Not sure how to class him on a worldwide basis, without being too critical. It depends how/why you're evaluating him so, Metrobhoy. I'd imagine, for example, he'll be a candidate for not only our player of the year, but the country's. He's also done well for his national team.

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If you were just evaluating him by recent SPL standards id have him in 3rd place behind Petrov and Lambert as the 3rd best SPL centre-mid ive seen. Better than the likes of Lennon(although he was a slight different type being almost solely defensive), Ferguson, Brown and Kayal.

5. Seosamh Máirtín

The great thing about Joe is that he's not only capable of covering a great amount of ground, working hard off-the-ball, anticipating well, and using his passing skills to open up matches for us.

But he's scoring a few, as well. On 7, so far, this season. I hope he reaches 10.

Certainly is showing the capability to be one of the best SPL players of the last couple of decades, but he still has a little to go before then, IMO.

6. MR T-im

Fav Celtic Player:
    NGUEMMMMMMOOOOOOOO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley, celtic symphony
    maybe you should stick to watching on the pc, then you may realise what he actually does for the team! he is a brilliant team player who works hard and makes other players look good! I dont understand people questioning players ability whilst we are playing as welll as we are :56:

7. Seosamh Máirtín

Just because we're playing well, doesn't mean our team is the greatest ever. We're in a * SPL, and haven't played a difficult game in months. Of course people are going to question...

8. jkel

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown,artur boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    holy goalie
    Ledley is a brilliant player,we are very fortunate to have him.

9. MonitorBhoy

This.

I felt that capturing Joe's signature at the time was a bit of a coup for Celtic.
    I'm pretty sure Liverpool were interested in him when he signed.

OP is utter nonsense.

10. MacEoghainn

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more w/ this thread.

BUT ... if someone were to come around w/ a £10 + mill. tag and ask, I'd bite.

He's got a ceiling.

11. Seosamh Máirtín

I don't think Liverpool were interested in him, but Roma were. We were fortunate to sign him.

12. MonitorBhoy

13. Shepard

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wolfetones - Celtic Symphony
    Fan of the Welsh Wizard. He seems to be a bit of an all-rounder in a sense of his movement. Defends well, attacks well, gives you goals, fantastic work rate on and off the ball.

Glad we have him. :50:

14. Celtic_magic

If u think consistent 6~7/10 performances are great than he is a great player, if not he isnt a great player. Personally i think he is "good", not great but a good player who i think will struggle to shine if he goes to the likes of epl.

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

i like ledley, think hes a really good player....that said, there is a certain amount of favouritism on this forum regarding him....like if he has one of those games were he does nothing but pass the ball sideways for 90 mins....then youll get the "tidy performance" or "solid", but if Ki does the same thing hes criticised for not doing enough.

as i said i like Ledley alot, and he is a pretty consistant and reliable player who gives his all, he's important....i just think some of the time he seems immune to criticism which isnt right, as he does have the odd bad game....just noone seems to pick up on it

16. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    I think Ki's tendency to blouse out of 50/50's colours opinions even if Joe isn't at this best he still gets stuck in

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Brown also gets stuck in.....he also gets criticism when he plays bad...so its no excuse for Joe

18. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    I like Ledley but I wouldn't be too fussed if we sold him. Wanyama and Kayal are the two CM's I'd hate to lose.

19. keepkeanedry

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the black watch - athenrye
    is there a more consistant performer in the league? constantly played out of position rolls up the sleeves gets on with it, never complains. we're no where near the same team without joe. reads the game so well, was a massive part in izzys success last year dropping in at left back when izzy overlapped.

20. The Celtic Way

were did he play that day then left mid, left back, centre mid rest my case