1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jo Inge Berget

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by walkon, Jul 28, 2014.

Discuss Jo Inge Berget in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Nah. He's *.

2. Magnukra

Fav Celtic Player:
    Not sure.
    Cheers ;)

3. Magnukra

Fav Celtic Player:
    Not sure.
    Today he worked hard and pressed well the entire game, and had many excellent runs, which is what he used to do on Strømsgodset, only he is much better now. His very, very short Celtic career was I think a blip (which is hardly uncommon).

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Fair enough, have definitely been more impressed by him at Malmo and for his country than I saw of him for Celtic.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    A Ronny boo boo..

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The fans played their part, on his back constantly.

It was clear to me he was talented, his situation at Celtic was an accumulation of issues combined. The majority of which were out with his control.

His Celtic 'career' could also very well be the making of him, he appears to have a desire to prove he's not a flop.

7. Lecs

As much as I called him * and a useless * and all that, I'm pretty sure he only made about 7 or 8 appearances for us, and only started a few of those games. In hindsight he probably never got a fair shot at it.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Agree with this..

Feel he was a fall guy for Ronnys early failings, fans took some of it out on him and once we were on his back it wss hard fir him to turn it around. Might gotten more backing/time if he wasn't a loan signing. He was an easy target.

And apart from Dundee U when he scored his brace he was poor.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'd give him another shot if I could.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Which, ironically, was he only game he was given the freedom (be it a directive from the Manager or taking responsibility himself) to move more centrally.

He is never an out and out left winger in a million years but the position he plays for Malmo, a left forward basically, he's good at. Works tirelessly, is good on the air and obviously has an eye for goal as well.

He's an example to us as fans to give players time, he could have been the player he's turned out to be for Malmo and Norway for us no problems.

11. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He was thrown into a huge game after only signing the day before he would have known none of his teammates
    He was seen as one of Ronny's 'guys' early last season so the fans got on his back
    He was also playing out wide on the left and the guy is a natural striker

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Well said mate..

His first goal against us was pure class, he put it in practically the only place he could to score..

I liked his movement in that United game too, the timing of his move was maybe just a tad unfortunate..but we are a fickle bunch and we don't seem to do patience.

Cardiff obviously thought he was good enough for the EPL.. There is an onus on the player too and it just didn't work out..

Good luck to him.

13. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Perfect point JC but if we started last season the way we started this he'd have been given the time everyone was in a flap because Accies had started well and McInnes was being billed as a messiah so every mistake from him was magnified

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

True mate.

Looks like it's one that may have got away and has already come back to haunt us.:54:

Oh well

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You'd have to say it was poor from Ronny. Ok it wasn't the best spell to be coming to celtic and he was one of a few panic loan's but once he was here, he was used shockingly. Which has been proven now. Ronny had him before and must have known his strengths but chose to throw him in to our biggest game's of the season as a left winger. It was poor judgment as most could see he was better central or further up, and pretty much ended his chances of a Celtic career before it'd even begun..

I won't lie and say I was gutted when he left or that we missed him, as neither are true but he's certainly showed up that he is better than where Ronny had him, much..

16. wulliebad

Perfect example of our fans judging player on their past and not trusting the manager and those around him to work with a player and maybe make something out of him.

Name-cost-league-past stats-team you support....just some of the things that can get you rated * before you even pull on a shirt.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He was * from what we saw, what were most to think.

And let's be honest who's to say it would have worked out if we gave him the whole season.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

He was * with Cardiff and Celtic.

All this blaming Ronny and stuff, is a no for me.

Tbh our midfield and defence are * at the moment, so it's not exactly much to base it on recent form against Celtic.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    To be fair, our manager clearly thought the same or he would have played him more or gave him more of a chance in the team.

Berget was * here, he's just clearly not * overall.

19. celtic warrior

Very true but if your own "fans" are on your back from day 1 how can anyone succeed?

I understand there is an argument that he needs to toughen in such cases but having 30-40k not like you and not really have anyone who could support you will effect the best of people not just footballers.

We are our own worst enemy at times.

20. Bazros

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Kenny and Henrik. Proud to have seen them both play.
    Berget came to us pre season, while all our own players were still in their pre season. NONE of them, bar wee McGregor, particularly shone in that period.

He was dealt a * stick being flung into the team for Legia ahead of other more recognised starters, but Ronny made the call. Who's to say that didn't put a few noses out of joint right there and the writing was ultimately on the wall for him. Shame as he's obviously a decent player and will be enjoying champy league fitba this year :87: