1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[No Link] Jermaine Defoe

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MartinoBianco, Dec 18, 2018.

Discuss Jermaine Defoe in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murph-E

They spend most of the money they make. 40,000+ season tickets and Europa League money isn't small change.

It's not a fraction on the money we have, but we don't spend anywhere near as much of a % of our money.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  2. apevrak

Defoe haven't scored a goal since late March and scored a grand total of four goals last season. He's done.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  3. Roskopicachu

Sooner rather than later they're gonna run out of cash. I can see the direction they're gonna go, Davis, Defoe and Charlie Adam. That should be enough to push them into a tight corner financially.

4. rickyroma25

Actually disagree with that. Defoe's strength was always being in the right place at the right time and finishing whatever came his way. The huns are a team who play for scraps but often fail to take their chances. Defoe will take those chances and make them a more clinical team imo.

I can't pretend I think he's a bad signing. He'll help them pick up points they otherwise wouldn't have I think.

DoTheBroony and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  5. clonbhoy

Yeah, a Robson type is what we need, albeit not necessarily in midfield, just somebody who leads by example. That is why I am worried that Davis will give them an extra bit of dig, he could be in that mould of a Robson for them

6. celtic warrior

He's real best was usually with a partner as well, Crouch especially, Defoe does not suit the way huns play.

he would however, if he's legs are still there have suited our style of play with he was uptop with Eddie.

7. Jeffrey

Our aim isn't to hope they run out of money though is it? It's to beat them on the park, and this seasons been a * disaster since we let our No.1 striker go, with the board and team presumably knowing of the troubles Griffiths has been going thru - the rumours had been about for quite a while to even us uninformed. *, finger oot is well n truly needed!

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Davis doesn’t provide dig, he’s a passer of the ball.

9. Martybhoy53

Another promising signing:

Defoe 36.
    McGregor 37 at the end of this month
    McAuley 39
    Davis 34

Combined age of 146. All in to stop the 10 and when it fails it's financial oblivion for the mutants.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Bonobhoy likes this.
  10. clonbhoy

He has provided plenty for 'are we a country' over the years, unless you think you can't have a bit of both?

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s not been playing and SPFL defences aren’t Premier League defences. Means nothing.

12. Pacific Ocean Blue

'A tiny wee poacher who's lost his legs and has barely scored' would suggest to me you don't think he's a good signing?

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

...and how are we faring against these old codgers with our younger team?

Running over the top of them? Naw

Blowing away the opposition and clear in the league? Naw

Anyone slagging them is by extension slagging ourselves. The biggest statement we can make is on the park.

14. Jeremie Frimpong

Their ages are totally irrelevant. McGregor has singlehandedly won games for them this season.

They are geared towards short-term success. They only need to win the league once in the next three seasons to stop ten-in-a-row; it wouldn’t matter to them if we won the league for the next five seasons after that.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So I never said it?

Did you miss the bits I've said more than once where he'll score/a few but it isn't some great signing? Which I don't think it will be..

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  16. Pacific Ocean Blue

He won't be a good signing but he'll score goals up here, make your mind up..

17. TheHappyLoss

It's one of those I didn't really want him for Celtic but rather the zombies didn't get him signings

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Lol..

So you're now trying to flip it on me when you've miss quoted me and now trying to twist some *..

He'll score a few goals for them but he isn't some top signing that will bring them the league. Happy?

He won't even be a guaranteed starter over the flid..

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Gutted he's going to the huns in all honesty. Not quite * the bed but the guy will 100% score goals in this league, and improves their options up front drastically.

ddub11 likes this.
  20. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Im not sure Defoe would be coming up here to play for Huns if he wasn't going to be getting game time, if he is then iv no idea why because there would be offers from plenty of sides in England and abroad for him.

He is a good signing for them, age matters not for Defoe he was a top top player who has kept him self in peak physical condition and is a natural goal scorer they could be signing far far worse, he's played at the very top level for his entire life pretty much and is someone who has been there and done it, fair play to the huns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.