1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Jason Denayer

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CodyBhoy, Aug 1, 2018.

Discuss Jason Denayer in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Why do we need to keep reverting back to players that have been here before or have some sort of link.

Go and scout a * centre half from Europe.

2. northeast67

Plenty no noncence centre halfs in the polish league the Dutch and Belgian and most of them.would be cheaper than denayer, this is becoming comical

3. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    just announce hes away to turkey , sign caluker and put this farse of a window to bed

seanm and Liam Scales like this.
  4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Do we actually have * scouts, or did we sack them to save money?

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That boy Okuniwa or however you spell it is only 25. Fkn colossal at the back for them last night and last week. He's going to be a bench player once they're proper Cbs are back.

6. joemc

This totally brings a point ive been banging on about for a while ,this defender will look great in a team set up to defend , that's why a squad player can fit straight in , put him or any decent defender into our team and he will have boyata moments ,it's not so much the players its the system ,although experience counts for a lot at the level we are at ,we will always ship goals playing the way we do ,there has to be a sacrifice unfortunately, i love the way we played last night apart from the goals coceeded ,it's so dificult to get the balance right .
    When we push high its great for hemming teams in and gaining back possession quickly when they are trying to clear their lines , but we are conceeding 3 quarters of the pitch to be counter attacked by any team with a bit of craft about them .
    Our players are sustaining injuries by the workload and early season qualifiers trying to get up to speed too quickly and its down to how we play again .
    We need to set up with more ball winning players in midfield and a leader at the back ,mcgregor had a brilliant game last night ran his heart out to ,broony brilliant ,ntcham is not a runner and makes the pressing more difficult if he doesnt cover .
    Not a million miles away from having a good side that can hold their own ,a few adjustments to the team and the system and were good ,can't press the panic button and sack everyone and undo all the good work .

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Having the right type of defender will help us though.

We don't have the right type, Hendry should be being nurtured in as a squad player and instead has had to play. Lustig and Jozo are done but playing.

Having better more wise defenders who are quick and comfortable defending in the full-back areas would secure our defence a lot. Lustig isn't he's too slow and he gets beaten for fun and Jozo is a bombscare panic merchant.

8. Delphic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I don’t want anymore characters like this near the club.

He couldn’t wait to leave, and when he did it was pure contempt - we f.ucking made him a name/got him into the Belgium team.

Even at the training ground I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as torn-faced in my life.

We need players who are grateful to be at the club, and who are happy to stay, at least for a few years, unless something huge comes along, where both he and the club benefit.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I get that fact is though the goal that came no one was short their was six in the box and two opposition players and they scored will ease we are weak on the right side I have seen countless goals come down that side

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

10. northeast67

I'd settle for hard no nonsense defenders and a good similar to KT rb but centre halfs have to be nails, one in a blue moon you'll be lucky to find a VVD.
    Hard defenders who win headers and are confidant that the strikers wont be getting the ball types are not hard to find, screw the maldini hunt, Ajer will become a very good player alongside a solid partner to mop up his odd stride forward moments.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  11. Samurai Bhoy

We need aggressive defenders, if you look at any of our big European performances under NL, GS or MON, you’ll see players attacking every ball and throwing themselves in front of shots to block them.
    Yesterday we saw 4 to 6 Celtic players in the box watch the ball roll past them and straight to the AEK striker, and not one of them reacted until after he got the shot off.

It doesn’t require a whole lot of talent to stop goals like that, it just takes a bit of heart and desire to get to every ball first.

We’ve seen it a lot this last two years, and against Hearts last week, our team, especially our defense, has shown a severe lack of heart and when the opposition get in their face and “rough them up” a bit they absolutely * it.

I don’t know whether it’s BR lack of ability to motivate his players to put their bodies on the line for the team, or it’s just the personnel, Broony and KT aside, that just don’t have the heart but that’s what’s costing more than anything.

12. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Worrying not many rumours going about Celtic trying to bring new faces in.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'd imagine we'll wait until boyata is punted before we make any moves, as there's no doubt we won't bring in a new CB, it's the other areas of the pitch i'm worrying about.

freederry20 likes this.
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Good point mate, denayer had a brilliant season but was playing alongside the best centre half in Europe if not the world
    Since he left Celtic he’s doing next to nothing

seanm likes this.
  15. Jeremie Frimpong

More chance of me signing for Celtic.

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You’re as bad a judge of centre backs as Rodgers then :giggle1:

17. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I'm pretty sure van dijk made more individual errors in europe than what denayer did, anyway we should be scouting more than just ex players/man city reserve players

seanm likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    More chance of Jason Donovan signing than Jason Denayer

seanm and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  19. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song: