1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by straighttalker, Nov 22, 2017.

Discuss January Transfer window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's quite simple, if Brendan isn't properly backed in this window he'll be offski in the summer.

The Board will have to think seriously, because if they * this up, they will lose the biggest asset currently at the club.

No more lame excuses, spend the money and get the players in !

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think he’s off anyway, makes sense why it’d only be 6 month loans in really.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers says he expects Celtic to add to the three signings they have already made this month before the transfer window shuts in two weeks' time.

The Scottish Premiership leaders have signed Oliver Burke and Timothy Weah on loan, as well as completed the permanent signing of Vakoun Issouf Bayo, this month.

Rodgers expects further incomings, although he admits some players are likely to leave Celtic Park in search of more games.

He said: "There will be movement both ways between now and the end of the window.

We have a big squad and players want to play. There will be players that go out to find game time. The fixture list will lighten over the second part of the season.

"Hopefully we can do some more business as well."

One of the players Rodgers is willing to let leave is Scott Allan, the 27-year-old midfielder who is yet to play for Celtic this season.

He has had three separate loan spells away from the club since joining in 2015, and Rodgers said: "Scott has been really unfortunate. He's a player I really like.

When Scott went out on loan the team here did really well. He came back in the summer after the team had two years of real success. It's been very difficult for him to break in.

"His attitude's been first class, but he's at the age now where he wants to play football. There's been some enquiries for him, so we'll see how that develops."

Rodgers was unhappy with Celtic's transfer business in the summer - in particular their failure to sign John McGinn, who joined Aston Villa - but he insists he is more content with how this window is developing.

The summer window was difficult," Rodgers admitted. "We lost a number of players that had been with us for a couple of years.

"Some real quality left the building and unfortunately we weren't able to replace that. It took us a wee bit of time to get going but we got into our rhythm again.

"We've improved with the three players we've brought in. I'm very confident that by the end of January we'll be very strong."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...eltic-signings-during-january-transfer-window

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I really think he's here til 10 so long as we keep winning titles. I don't think the 6 month loans are cause for concern at all.

PaulM1888, eire4 and Tommy25 like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

According to this he’s away

:56:

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Which is scandalous. From the things he used to say, I think he fancied being the one to guide us to the ten. Why on earth have we * him off so much? Shortsighted.com

StPauli1916 and Liam Scales like this.
  7. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

G for gossiping gobshite.

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Could be true.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Arrogance.

Lawwell done it to O’Neill, he done it to Strachan, he done it to Lenny and it feels like he’s doing it to Brendan.

4 of the most succesfull managers in my lifetime. He asks for too much, giving little back. It’s been one of the most succesfull periods in our history so he is entitled to point that out, however, there’s always an element of missed opportunity when I think about the chances we’ve gave up over the years...

Again, this is only conjecture from me but it has that feeling about it like WGS last 6 months or O’Neill’s last year.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan talking about Scott McTominay.

And the possibility of Allan and Morgan leaving

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t see how the loans indicate anything. He’s always signed loan players. Had a good few at Liverpool, Swansea.

This time last year he was creaming himself about Musonda and he didn’t even last the season.

The problem is the scouting.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't think the 6 month loan deals in themselves are an indicator of Brendan's departure in the summer tbh.

By the same token if a player signs a 3 or 4 year deal that wouldn't be an indicator that the manager is staying long term either.

I think it's more about what is needed right now to get the job done, normally the summer is a better window to get players in.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s mostly because it seems short term planning, the way the summer played out.

It just has the same feeling as the end of O’Neill’s era, WGS’s... I could be very wrong but it feels that way.

15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Must be off to Huddersfield.

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    As long as he continues to be backed financially I think Rodgers is staying and if we win the title this season he is staying to have the run at 10.

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I don't think so IMHO. The Weah loan makes sense as direct cover for Griffiths for the rest of this season and if Griffiths is not coming back then we can from what I understand extend that loan for the whole of next season. That makes perfect sense. The Burke loan I am not so much a fan of but it seems like Rodgers feels Morgan is not ready to play and needs game time out on loan so we do need short term cover on the flank even more if it does turn out that Hayes is sold or used as part of a trade to get McKenna in.

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Not once this window has BR mentioned the European qualifiers in July and the importance of getting players in now and bedding them in

Compare that to last January

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This was basically going to be my reply. It’s just everything...

20. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    He mentioned Bayo coming in so hes up to speed for the qualifiers. It was the second interview in Dubai. You all need to * chill, hes here until we lift a european trophy :party22:

Tommy25 likes this.