1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James McClean:

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Henrik 07, Dec 14, 2017.

Discuss James McClean: in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    McClean would be a better option than Sinclair has been in the last few months.

2. Aidan O’Shea

I want him signed.

3. NorwichCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Rogic All time - Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ok maybe I was a bit harsh but to improve as a team in Europe we need better than Johnny Hayes and mcclean, can't go down the rangers route of signing mediocre players because they're fans of the club. For Europe but we need better than mcclean in my opinion

cas79 likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Get him signed up... imagine him scoring against the Huns..

6. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Just met him there. Nice guy

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Said before him signing would be Lennon x 10 with the * he would get.

8. TheHappyLoss

And rage x100 from the knuckle draggers

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Would absolutely love it if we signed him, I genuinely think people underestimate how useful he could be in Europe especially. He's got good pace, is a tough player and is incredibly hard-working with a decent shot on him and can put in dangerous crosses.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Murph-E

Sign him up.

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  12. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Correct

13. Seosamh Máirtín

I'd love to see him signed. He's the epitome of a Celtic player with loads of heart and drive. Don't underrate his ability, either.

Random Review and Sydneysider like this.
  14. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    As much as he loves the club I don't quite think he is any better than what is here already I do think he is a decent player but for me I think we can do better

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

15. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    With Musonda and Roberts away, and Sinclair blowing hot and cold, could do with a winger...

Saul Goodman and StPauli1916 like this.
  16. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

The West Brom midfielder gave an interview to Celtic TV and, as a fervent supporter of the club, was asked an inevitable question about one day signing for Celtic.

Aidan O’Shea and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Republic of Ireland internationalist James McLean has maintained that a move to Celtic cannot be seen as an easy swansong at the end of a career.

The 29-year-old has been linked with the club at various points in his career but he is appreciative that there is a level
    Republic of Ireland internationalist James McLean has maintained that a move to Celtic cannot be seen as an easy swansong at the end of a career.

The 29-year-old has been linked with the club at various points in his career but he is appreciative that there is a level of expectancy demanded at Celtic.

His fellow countrymen Robbie Keane and Roy Keane moved to Celtic in the limelight of their career, but it isn't the plan McLean has in mind.

McLean has another year on his current deal at West Brom but it has been a difficult season for both him and the club.

"I think them days are gone when players are seeing out their career and coming here for the romance," he said. "I've just turned 29, I feel great, if the opportunity comes it would be a very difficult one to turn down. I've never hidden that.

"Look, if it was up to me, I'd have been a Celtic player a long time ago. When I was leaving Sunderland, you get the rumour pages and I saw one saying Celtic's had a bid accepted for me and I remember being buzzing, as at the time it was under Paolo Di Canio and it was in my head that I was leaving anyway. This is it but absolutely nothing came of it.

"They signed Derk Boerrigter instead, look for one reason or other over the last few years, it hasn't been for the want of trying but hopefully one day."

McLean has been sighted at Celtic Park on European nights in the crowd - something he hopes to repeat again this coming season.

"Any opportunity I get, especially the big Champions League nights, it's only up the road from Birmingham," he said. "t's five or six hours, and it is a trek back down but any opportunity. The last one was the 3-3 with Manchester City and it was a Wednesday night, I had training the next morning. I felt horrible, it's trying to time it better now but I'm sure I'll be up again on Champions League nights."
    expectancy demanded at Celtic.

His fellow countrymen Robbie Keane and Roy Keane moved to Celtic in the limelight of their career, but it isn't the plan McLean has in mind.

McLean has another year on his current deal at West Brom but it has been a difficult season for both him and the club.

"I think them days are gone when players are seeing out their career and coming here for the romance," he said. "I've just turned 29, I feel great, if the opportunity comes it would be a very difficult one to turn down. I've never hidden that.

"Look, if it was up to me, I'd have been a Celtic player a long time ago. When I was leaving Sunderland, you get the rumour pages and I saw one saying Celtic's had a bid accepted for me and I remember being buzzing, as at the time it was under Paolo Di Canio and it was in my head that I was leaving anyway. This is it but absolutely nothing came of it.

"They signed Derk Boerrigter instead, look for one reason or other over the last few years, it hasn't been for the want of trying but hopefully one day."

McLean has been sighted at Celtic Park on European nights in the crowd - something he hopes to repeat again this coming season.

"Any opportunity I get, especially the big Champions League nights, it's only up the road from Birmingham," he said. "t's five or six hours, and it is a trek back down but any opportunity. The last one was the 3-3 with Manchester City and it was a Wednesday night, I had training the next morning. I felt horrible, it's trying to time it better now but I'm sure I'll be up again on Champions League nights."

Random Review and Avatar Daizen like this.
  18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Oddly I know little about him as a player and more about his views and character; but if he is consistently seen as a good player in the EPL, he is good enough for us, even if his ability is not exactly Lubo or Henrik.

For me, character, drive and fight count for a lot in the CL. We had more CL success under WGS with a far inferior team (Boruc and Naka aside). We do have Broony, KT, Lustig; but we really could do with another player like that, especially if (I say if, because I'm not writing him off just yet) Lustig's legs have gone, which does seem possible.

I'd genuinely be quite excited if we signed him.

Rogic just signed up, if we add Eddy on a permanent, McCLean and a good RB this summer and don't sell anyone except Moussa, then I'm a very, very happy bunny.

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He wouldn't sing * Save the Queen...

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Or wear their * poppy.

Random Review likes this.