1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James McCarthy

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Clown, Aug 23, 2016.

Discuss James McCarthy in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Everton wanted him. If they'd got him they might have let McCarthy go

2. brads-bhoy1888

My bad, just in from work never knew Everton were interested in Sissoko, just checked SSN

3. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  4. goggz1888

5. Popes 11 Guest

Celtic fc should just come out and say we're done this transfer window? Or were looking at adding to the squad..save us all the grief.

6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Celtic FC just announced "We're done this transfer window. Now * off home!!"

7. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Very very dissapointed with today we are going together absolute doing in the champions league

8. brads-bhoy1888

* sake stay positive, this team has improved vastly in the last 2 months under Rodgers. We've made a few really positive signings and I trust in Rodgers to set us up as an effective counter attacking team in Europe this season. You don't need the best players in the world for that. Look at Leicester last season it seemed to have worked for them. Let's stay positive all in all it has been a pretty good window.

9. tictac

Fav Celtic Player:
    (current)Kayal(all-time)henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well said lad, as you said we have vastly improved and it just needs a bit of gelling for this team to take shape even more.:celt_2:

10. SuperZidane

I don't think we were ever going to get McCarthy - I'm not blaming the club, it's the reality of EPL money. However, I do fear that we'll be creamed in Europe - our midfield defensively is simply woeful once we step outside the Scottish league. Brown has improved this season but he is not and never has been more than a very good SPL or English championship standard player and Bitton has 1 fantastic game in about 10 - the rest of the time, he's a passenger.

We should have brought in a half decent defensive midfielder - even if it was someone around 30/31 with top class experience for the big games.

If its true that Torino tried to change the Simunovic fee at the last minute - that's hardly Lawell's fault. However, it puts Jozo is a bad position - playing for a club that were prepared to sell him for little or no profit after a handful of games. Also, even though he passed the medical, I worry if he's another Derk.

I wouldn't pay off that **** Ambrose, simply make him play the full season training with the kids and playing at empty grounds with the reserves. With Kolo, Erik, O'Connell, Lustig, Simunovic (if fit!) Ajer - even Boyota and McCart coming through - we would need to be decimated with injuries before we had to pick that liability.

Ditto for Armstrong, BR gave him a chance and he's been hopeless. If he wasn't prepared to go out on loan - he can sit with the reserves. I don't rate GMK but, to be fair, BR hasn't seen much of him due to injury so I'd give him until the next window to see if he can make an impact.

I think Brendan has signed good players and made a good start clearing out a lot of Deila's dross (and Lennon is responsible for Ambrose). He was never going to be able to do it all in one transfer window.

Obviously I am delighted we are in the CL and get the millions that go with it. I also rate BR very highly. However, without a decent defensive midfielder such as Wanyama, I fear that Barcelona and Man City will have a field day. I think we'll end up with 4 points at best in that group.

The plus point is that we are light years ahead of anything in Scotland but IMO, in preparation for the next window, Celtic need to identify a DM that we have a realistic chance of signing and another striker as we are too dependent on Griffith

11. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    The picture was a fake then.

12. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye, always thought that boy looked like a right *. Was really hoping/thinking it wasn't though :54:

13. jamesfr

Disappointed we didn't get him , we wanted him he wanted to come so probably down to us not stumping up the required fee / wages
    Anyway time to move on and work with what we have , I believe in Rodgers and he will build the team he wants over the next few Windows

14. Samurai Bhoy

I'm sure that's exactly what happened, but we were never going to stump up 20million him. He's a good player but 20m is a ridiculous price.
    Maybe his price will go well down by January if he doesn't get much playing time between now and then for Everton.

15. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    I'm sure we tried to get someone else, but it didn't materialise....the team has improved immensely under BR.The players he has brought have been quality....let's keep positive and support the club....in January we will get new faces in.
    Onto the next game.....the "Funny Mob".......let's enjoy them struggling against BR bhoys

16. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    Why be disappointed. Rodgers identified rb as a problem and offloaded the problem rb and signed a solid rb. Let's see how we get on now.

17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Yes,and 'faggoty' was a perfect description.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It might not have been fake.

He could well have been up here for some reason and we might well have tried to get him.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The picture of him in Mount Florida was 100% not a fake. Nor was him wanting to play for Celtic.

The fact he's about to be operated on is why he isn't here.

20. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Everton chairman released a statement along the lines of how keeping McCarthy was a priority.