1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Forrest is quicker and gives you more defensively, I'll give you that much. But Roberts has better close control in tight situations, and creates space elsewhere on the park because he often has players doubling up on him.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

The difference for me this season in Forrest is that he is willing to start fighting for his team, and gets his head up looking for others.

Really impressed with his attitude more than anything.

3. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

When Roberts came on Dundee had opened up more actually. Still created very little.

4. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I'd agree. I don't know if he's been more impressive going forward, but he's certainly been more defensively responsible.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

True, but that is maybe because we were on the back foot and went to a back 5 not too long afterwards. Plus, Dembele was barely moving towards the end.

There's no doubt that Roberts has turned a lot of games for us this year.

6. Ak1

I like Sinclair, Roberts and Forest.
    All 3 have their own qualities, and can be match winners on their day.

JF can be proud of 2 assists today.
    2 great crosses from wide areas, the 2nd in particular was brilliant

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Our best player today I thought.

The Prof likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    James Forrest scoring a goal with his heid? Never thought it could be possible :giggle1:

Cofi#12-CFC1888 likes this.
  11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Rodgers just like every other manger that has managed Celtic rates Forrest highly. Some fans may give him stick but he is always a managers favourite, tells you something about his qualities.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JF: Bit of a shock today, I’ve never scored a header before but it was good to get a goal and even better that it was a header.

JF: I might have scored a header at under-17s but apart from that I’ve never scored one, so I’m delighted with the goal and the 3 points.

JF: It’s all credit to the boys, Kilmarnock sat back and made it hard for us. The way we played, even when they scored, we just kept going.

JF on return of @MDembele_10: Moussa has been really important for us this season and everyone is buzzing that he’s back.

JF: We’ve got six league games left and hopefully two cup games, getting our big players back is a real bonus to the squad and a boost.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I'm sure I can remember early on in his Celtic career, maybe Lenny's first season, him sneaking infront of a defender and scoring a header?

Am I going mental?

14. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I was thinking the same just a few weeks ago but checked Transfermarkt and sure enough, no headed goals for James Forrest.

Will have to check in a few days and make sure they mark this momentous occasion :giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Wonder if he just came close, I have a clear memory of him sneaking infront of the defender, can remember me and my brother talking about it :56:

* knows man

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JAMES Forrest has made over 200 appearances for Celtic and netted 38 goals, including eight this season, but in Saturday's 3-1 win over Kilmarnock, the winger scored a header for the first time in his professional career.

The Hoops defeated the Ayrshire team to extend their unbeaten domestic run to a staggering 39 games, with Forrest scoring Celtic's third and final goal of the afternoon, adding to strikes by Stuart Armstrong and Scott Sinclair.

His headed goal came on 75 minutes, just four minutes after Sinclair had restored Celtic's lead, with Kilmarnock having cancelled out Armstrong's first-half opener with an unexpected equaliser just after the hour mark. Moussa Dembele's looping shot came back off the post and Forrest was the first to react, heading home to make it 3-1 to Brendan Rodgers' side.

Speaking after the game, the Hoops winger said: “It was a bit of a shock. I’ve never scored a header before but it was good to get a goal and even better that it was a header. I might have scored one at under-17s but apart from that I’ve never done it, so I’m delighted with the goal and the three points.

“It’s all credit to the boys, Kilmarnock sat back and made it hard for us. The way we played the game from start to finish, even when they scored, we just kept doing what we were doing.”

Both Tom Rogic and Moussa Dembele came on in the second-half, the two players having fully recovered from their respective injury lay-offs, and Forrest believes their return is a great boost for the Hoops at an important time of the season, with a Scottish Cup semi-final later this month.

“It’s good to have big players back," Forrest said. "Moussa has been really important to us this season and everyone is buzzing that he’s back.

“We’ve got six league games left and hopefully two cup games and getting our big players back is a real bonus to the squad and a boost. It feels like it’s the right time too because we only have one match before the Scottish Cup semi-final when the boys will be raring to go.”

The victory against Kilmarnock was the first game since Brendan Rodgers signed a new four-year deal that will see him remain at the club until June 2021, and Forrest admitted that, like the Celtic support, the whole squad is delighted with the news.

“We just heard yesterday about the manager and obviously we’re all really happy," he said. "There are a few of us that have signed new deals this year and for the manager to sign up to a similar length to some of the boys just keeps that buzz going. We don’t want it to stop now.

“The season has been perfect since the manager came in. He’s always working on us every day and no-one wants it to stop. The staff, players and fans have all been brilliant so far, it’s been a privilege to work with the manager and we’re looking forward to that continuing in the years to come.”

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Now you mention it I recall something like that too, maybe it was his debut goal we are thinking of though, where he i think sneaked in the box in front of a defender and flicked the ball over the keeper and it kind of looped in like it was a header.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The wee man has had an excellent season, I hope being out the starting 11 for the last two scum games hasn't affected his confidence. A lack of confidence is something he can be prone to.

With Paddy likely to be named and join up with England squad we're going to need a fully firing Jamesy.

Another display like the league cup final v the sheep will do nicely.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Needs a run out against the sheep on Fri..