1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Bratfurdbhoy1 and Swervedancer like this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Superb goal.

4. Swervedancer Guest

What a player he is with a bit of confidence. Almost unplayable when he's running at defences like that.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Good to see him hit the target today. Some of his shots can seem sloppy.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    For me he was the MOTM, superb pace and ability.

Sean Daleer and HailHoopy like this.
  7. HailHoopy

Agreed, they couldn't deal with him today, great to watch :62:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "I was pleased. It's a great focus the players have. I thought we attacked well and James Forrest was superb."

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Another great game today.

Apart from a wee dip in December he has been excellent all season.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JF: "I'm delighted to get the goal, the three points and a clean sheet. We're buzzing all round."

JF: "I try to be positive from the start and keep going for 90 minutes, getting at the full back."

JF: "We spoke before the game about getting shots in but we had to take our time. After the first goal we got more and more confident."

JF: "When we haven't been at our best this season we've still gotten a clean sheet and won the games."

JAMES Forrest insists will Celtic took as much satisfaction from today’s 2-0 win over Motherwell as they did from last week’s destruction of Inverness Caley Thistle.

The Hoops controlled the match throughout and were in control at the break thanks to Moussa Dembele’s penalty and a fine solo effort from Forrest.

Unlike last week, when they rattled in four second-goals against against Inverness to complete a 6-0 rout, Brendan Rodgers’ side were unable to add to their tally after the interval.

But their grip on the points never looked in doubt as they cruised through the closing stages to record their 20th successive league victory, which restored their 27-point lead at the top of the table and extended their domestic unbeaten run to 31 matches.

Speaking after the game, Forrest said: “I was delighted to get another goal, the three points, a clean sheet and another good performance. I’m buzzing.

“Before the game we spoke about getting a few good shots in the first 20 minutes. It didn’t happen that way but we felt more confident once we got the first goal.

“At times this season when we haven’t been at our best, we have kept a clean sheet and managed to win the game. It’s good as winning 6-0 last week as it shows you can do both sides of the game, and we are delighted with the three points.”

The winger gave former Celtic youth player Joe Chalmers a tough afternoon with his pace, skill and movement.

But few full-backs in Scottish football will be relishing coming up against Forrest when he is in this type of form.

The 25-year-old added: “Joe’s a good lad. He came through here and I have played with him a few times and I have trained with a lot. He is doing well at Motherwell and I have played against him a few times as well.

“I always try and be positive straight from the start and I felt I did that and you just keep going at 90 minutes, getting at the full-back."

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    When he is in that mood he is superb, he roasted their left back all day and took his goal well.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Jamsey Bhoy in full flight is a sight to behold, Brendan is gettin the best from him.

Swervedancer likes this.
  13. Deco67

7 years here and turning out to e his best yet. Wanted him away in the summer like most too. #RodgersEffect

14. horseshoe

His shooting has never been consistent, for the amount he gets in and around the box you'd expect him to get more goals, fair play he's improved this year and hitting the target more often than previous seasons but his technique still isn't that great.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Bizarre decision to give Dembele man of the match today, apart from the penalty he had a quiet game. James Forrest was easily the best player on the pitch. I know Dembele is the golden boy at the moment but lets keep it real and give the MOM to the player that actually deserves it.

Swervedancer and Sean Daleer like this.
  16. The Celtic Way

love the fact he gets the ball this season and the first thing he does is attack, took so much stick last year for getting the ball and taking the easy option.

Swervedancer and Sean Daleer like this.
  17. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Remember when he got the captaincy in Gibraltar I was fuming. He's came a long way since then.

Swervedancer likes this.
  18. Swervedancer Guest

We knew he could play like this but he was quite inconsistent which could get frustrating. Brendan worked his magic on him and restored his self belief. With that pace his directness is the perfect style to play because defenders can't do anything about it. Amazing to watch. Thing is when he plays his best game even European teams can't deal with him. Prevents full backs venturing forward too.

19. Babsybhoy1888

I gave my season ticket to my dad yesterday so it's the first time I've watched a game in my local in a while, and I noticed that people (mainly older supporters) still get on James Forrest back as soon as he makes a mistake or loses the ball or something. No matter how good he plays or has played he seems to be the whipping bhoy for some certainly in my local. Does anyone else find this to be the case.

20. shaunm

Best player on the park yesterday