1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Hendry

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 1, 2018.

Discuss Jack Hendry in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Grace

100%. It's one of the reasons I'm so * of with Boyata - because of him, he's been chucked in at the deep end. He should be a squad player, he should be learning and gaining confidence. He shouldn't be in this position. And that's on Brendan, too. The boy has more guts than most. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong.

2. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'd rather have a 1 legged Hendry than that gutless *.

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    While it would be nice if he did come good and prove people wrong it just doesn't look like he has the inate ability to be able to do that. Quite frankly he hasn't even looked good enough to be back up so far.

scotsbhoy1 likes this.
  4. Unirea Gus

I would love him to do well but his shortcomings stand out too much at the moment. A young scottish centre back with pace and confidence is what I want, hopefully everybody wants. I just don't think he has the ability. Not too sure he's going to progress much more.

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

remember armstrong going through a really bad patch, thing is when he first came with gms the 2 of them had an excellent final part of the season

theres no hiding place at celtic but especially if your at the back because mistakes lead to goals or chances for the opposition

wonder if brendan is goinig to play him against sudova i dont think so youd think it would be jozo and ajer but hendry has played most of the games this season so is the manager just gonna persevere

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think we all hope he proves us wrong.

No-one is deliberately wanting him to be *.

He's showing absolutely nothing for me to suggest that he will ever be good enough though.

People need to drop the 'he's still young' thing too. 24 next year. In football terms he isn't a youth anymore.. older than Simunovic but you don't hear people saying the same about him.

If we want to improve we simply cannot have room for players like him IMO. Even with him stepping in as a squad player I'm not comfortable any longer.

I can't think of a single attribute he has. 6ft 4, not strong, can't head a ball, an utter pansy, gets lost trying to bring the ball out, doesn't read situations well..I could go on and on. A wee bit of pace is probably all.

I'm not seeing a player there at all. Didnt at Dundee and dont now.

7. Martin_CFC

Thought he was doing quite well today until the point he was caught dallying on the ball around midfield.

As a support we seem desperate to have a player to point the blame at when things don’t go to plan and it just so happens that Hendry is the easy target atm. Ajer was far more of an accident waiting to happen today and was continuosly guilty of slack passes when we were trying to build from the back.

8. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    My nephew who plays junior football and is friends with james forest and Hendry ( local bhoys ) was telling me Hendry wasn't expecting to be playing these types games so early ,

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Fed up calling for Hendry's head. It's been done to death now and it's no good to anycunt.

You can call it what you want, inexperienced, naive, lacks tactical nous, heids-up-his-*, clueless powderpuff spiceboy floating about like a fart in a spacesuit. Doesn't matter.

The fact is he is still a young footballer. Young in age, particularly for a CB, and young in experience. And if we're all constantly moaning at him and calling him a curly-haired no-footed shitebag *-for-brains * bubble then its just going to demotivate him.

We need to support this boy, and encourage his development. The best defender he's ever played with is 3 years younger than him and has played about 3x as many games, and he's still developing himself.

I think if we get right behind young Jack and give him our full support he'll grow into a fine defender right in front of our eyes. Keep his head up, keep him happy and a hungry to win. Less of the "lanky slack-jawed 6ft streak of pish with * hair and * football boots that couldnae keep a couple of weans out the close if he had a baton and a riot shield". That's not constructive.

10. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe not constructive but unfortunately very true.

11. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

:52:

All this needs is the Benny Hill theme in the background.

12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

So so bad...

13. Grace

:54:

His confidence is shot to bits. I feel gutted for him. He seemed genuinely excited to join Celtic and he's become the whipping boy. Yet he still does the interviews, the post match... The boy just shoulders it all.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sounds like he was brought in to develop and play the occasional game until he was ready. Though all this first team football will be helping him improve immensely.

15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As i said on here Yesterday. The pass to Ntcham was on about 3 times & you can see Ntcham wanted it

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Partick away? What the * was he expecting?

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Whilst your sentiment is in the right place he is neither young for a footballer nor a ‘boy’.

If that’s the case the same thing can be said of Jozo yet not a single comment of that ilk has been muttered.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If theirs any positives to take its exactly that any other person would have downed tolls and been like I can't do it..... He is still here and trying Brendan has to give him an arm round his shoulder take home into the video room and show him we're he is going wrong

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He really needs took out and worked on in training for a while.

It’s went from him being a weak link to becoming a comical figure with everybody waiting to laugh at him.

20. Grace

Jozo is lazy and behaves like he doesn't want to be here. Jack, I believe, genuinely tries his best at all times.