1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Hendry

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 1, 2018.

Discuss Jack Hendry in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Personally I think he was laughing at the ugly *, hence why Naismith went so mental at him on the deck after he fouled him.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was poor yesterday and at fault for the goal. Not a good start for the lad, but as others have said he shouldn't be relied upon as a starting CB for us just now.

We need better.

bhoy81 likes this.
  3. celtic warrior

Don't think Rodgers would admit it publicly, but he probably brought him in as a tidy little project whilst we had guys like Ajer, Boyata, Jozo and Commper as our main choices.

Only for the fact that our defence has had serious loss of form and constant injuries is why he's been playing. Don't think the land has been given much of chance bybthe fans, he's been made a scapegoat almost as straight after signing his contract.

Tommy25, TIART and Liam Scales like this.
  4. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    My initial reaction was bewilderment and still is, why? Well, we’ll never know what was said or what he was thinking or what he actually saw beforehand.

I’d doubt, seriously doubt he was having a jolly with Naismith at Hayes expense - tbh, that’s deluded to even think that.

Another incident that reinforces that, was the moment Naismith belittled Hendry after a mistimed tackle by Hendry late in the game.

One thing is for sure, Naismith is, and always will be a cretin.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We don't really have time for 23 year old projects.

We need a bit of quality at the back. I didn't understand this signing at the time and 8 months later I still don't.

If he was 18 or 19 id cut him a * of a lot more slack. At 23 I don't even think he will be a 'late developer' either. He's been rated for years as a youngster and just never nailed down a place anywhere for whatever reason.

I'm willing to see him stay but he simply cannot be a starter for us. As I've said before it's our own negligence and idiotic approach to preparing for these qualifiers that is going to see him starting in Athens.

That's not his fault.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic defender Jack Hendry has insisted that whatever is going on off the park at the club has no bearing on what happens on it.

Celtic lost 1-0 to Hearts on Saturday afternoon, the worst possible preparation for their third round, second leg UEFA Champions League qualifier against Athens tomorrow night.

It added further pressure on the club in a week in which Brendan Rodgers laid bare his frustrations at the lack of new signings this summer. Asked if that had any influence on what was an insipid performance against Hearts at Tynecastle, Hendry said:

No, definitely not.

"I haven’t heard anything about and I’m sure the lads aren’t taking any notice of it either. We’re fully focused at the end of the day on getting results, and that’s it.”

Defender Hendry will be expected to maintain his pairing with Jozo Simunovic for the game in Greece. With Dedryck Boyata effectively telling the club he will not play and Kristoffer Ajer suspended, there are few other options available to Rodgers.

It has looked an uneasy partnership at times but the player is aware of just important the need for concentration will be.

"If we play as we did at home we shouldn’t have any problems," said Hendry. "We’re confident going into that game and hopefully we can get the right result

“I think we’ve just got to remain positive. The last game we played against them I thought we dominated so if we just go over and try to implement our game plan again I’m sure we do well.

“Jozo and I train with each other every day so we know each other’s games well. I thought in large spells we did really well together today. The goal was unfortunate and we need to bounce back from that. But I’m sure whoever plays in central defence will be more than capable.

"Obviously it’s disappointing with the draw and the loss to Hearts but I’m sure with the quality we have in our side we’re going to bounce back strong."

Hendry and Simunovic had a difficult afternoon against the physicality of Uche Ikpeazu at Tynecastle

He’s a big lad, obviously he has a gameplan himself, he tries to get himself around," said Hendry. "But I thought we dealt with it well. Obviously they’ve managed to get that goal but apart from that I thought we dealt with it well.”

"I thought we dealt with that well during the game but we’ve given them one chance and they’ve taken

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He said not hiding from the spotlight is he

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

His we pal naismith must be giving him pointers while having a we laugh.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Powder puff.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    “He’s a big lad, obviously he has a gameplan himself, he tries to get himself around," said Hendry. "But I thought we dealt with it well. Obviously they’ve managed to get that goal but apart from that I thought we dealt with it well.”

Just the one goal that lost us the match then, Jack?

oh bhoy and Marty McFly like this.
  11. Celticbhoy17

Hes not as bad as people are making out, midweek he made a couple of crucial last ditch challenges. It's not his fault that we have yet again decided not to recruit any decent defenders.

12. Jeffrey

Read on that Twitter we have won 1/9 games where he’s started. I don’t know or care if it’s true, he’s garbage either way.

13. celts67

To soft mate don't think there was any bad in it too good a nature for his own good needs to toughen up not the bhoys fault .

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I was * off at the time though. Broony needs to teach him to be a * to other players. Looking at his lack of professional games he's got potential. So does ajer. We defo need experience next to that potential though.

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Prove us all wrong son

Please

Away’n watch John Kennedy at the Camp Nou :ynwacelti

Grace and CalgaryBhoy like this.
  16. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    I swear kennedy channeled the spirit of cesar himself that night, like a man possesed. Similar to David Marshal at camp nou.

Marty McFly likes this.
  17. celts67

Wouldm't tbh inless we spent the money on another centre half but we probbaly would't see any of the 10 mil so f--k that .

18. GMS

AEK Athens boss Marinos Ouzounidis played down Ajer's absence, saying: "They also have Jack Hendry and Jozo Simunovic and they both played in some of Celtic's major wins last year, so they are great players with great qualities."

:56:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45170727

I think he is taking the P

Smithy likes this.
  19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Big night for Hendry, needs a huge performance to prove the doubters wrong.

He was never brought in to be a main starter, his first season playing in Europe in a defence with little experience in Ajer next him or then the 2 experienced heads of Jozo and Lustig who have been making more mistakes than him.
    The defence is a shambles, Hendry obviously isn’t the answer to our problems but he’s not the main fault either.

I think he will come good as a squad player.

20. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Still waiting for him to "prove us wrong" on many many occasions. He isn't of the standard and should never have been brought to the club unfortunately