Islam Feruz

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Pearse, Jan 25, 2009.

Discuss Islam Feruz in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crow

Crow Gold Member Gold Member

away to Swindon Town on loan for the remainder of the season.

2. CalgaryBhoy

CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Don't get the point of clubs like Chelsea and City continually loaning players out like this. Not loaning in general, but specific players who are 21-24 who havent got a first team chance and arent showing that ability on loan. Pretty sure Feruz has had 8 loans now? He's nowhere near the first team and has been loaned to teams that are not near Premier League level. Why not just release them all together? How many loans do you need to send them on?

3. avitar

avitar

Im sure they make money on most of those players as there will be a loan fee involved then the club they are at will pay the wages and if they perform well they can be sold for a profit

4. mark82

mark82 What?! Oh Hell No! Hold up. Huh? Oh Ok Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  5. Bunk Moreland

Bunk Moreland

Hold on, firstly there's absolutely no evidence to back up that claim or to back up any counter claim either. Secondly he was 16 when he left Celtic, legally an adult and more than capable of making his own decisions regardless of what people were supposedly telling him to do.

6. Sean Daleer

Sean Daleer Wabba wabba, katanga. Ah don't know Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Dembele
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    16 is still a child really and I'm sure Chelsea were offering him a much higher wage and some sort of signing on fee. A flat too if I'm not mistaken.

For someone coming from extreme poverty to that is probably hard to turn down.

He's clearly a daft bastard but I don't hate him like a lot of tims do. I nothing him.

Celtic could have made more of an effort to keep him but clearly felt he wasn't worth it. Looks like the right decision so far.

7. SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME Gold Member Gold Member

There are adult footballers told what to do by agents & family, so yeah you're right.
    Except in my eyes he was a child & more so when they will have been in his ear well before he went.

8. Bunk Moreland

Bunk Moreland

It's a child to us because we're old now :giggle1: but from a working standpoint he's not. I've no doubt he was lured away by the money but my point was we don't know if others such as his agent played a role or how probably more accurately how significant a role he played in the move, there's just nothing to back up what summer time said, that he "was listening to, & told what to do by adults."

I don't really hate him myself, I just think he's a tadger. Even taking away his tweets the way he's treated most of the clubs he's been loaned to screams out that he thinks he's an arrogant big shot too big to be earning his way in the game, for that I have no sympathy for the guy.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  9. Bunk Moreland

Bunk Moreland

No doubt but it could have ultimately been his decision to leave. The way he's acted since would lead me to believe that it's just the way he is, a bit of a knob end out for himself. I mean I doubt his agent or family had anything to do with that :giggle1:

I certainly wouldn't take him back at Celtic, his attitude is shocking.