1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic croatia, Jun 25, 2011.

Discuss Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Being of Irish catholics from Inniskiln was born and raised in Castlemilk lived their the first 22 years of my life, i’d Say we were 50/50 I had just as many prod hun mates and catholic mates,

Lived south of London in Surrey for last 30 years have lots of Chelsea, QPR and West Ham mates they couldn’t give a Fck, about Celtic or what we are or Scottish football in general.

They are more wrapped up in their own clubs apart from getting pelted so for the Scotland team and me saying you won’t let us in your league because we would dominate it in a few years that’s as much as we get mentioned down here. And they deffo don’t do catholic and prod stuff they could care less about it all.

Hail, Hail,

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    You are absolutley right about some simple * making stuff up in their heads. If they think when we come down here for a friendly the locals go home and just talk Poppies then they are just wrong. They will be talking about the support we brought down for a friendly.

3. JimMc

Sadly agree it is still the widely held perception (most especially by themselves) that they are the 'real' representation of supposed Protestants and British. Despite the evidence from surveys which consistently show that the typical and vast majority of British have no practising faith what so ever.
    When there are countless different varieties of non RC Christians, many of whom considering each others teaching as false.
    Consider how people tend to dismiss/deride sports fans who have never actually gone in person to watch the team they claim to support. Isn't it far more ludicrous to leave any supposed Protestant claim of any of these oafs go unchallenged.

Thankfully for humanity that dangerous and false claim and perception is just one of their many ignorant myths that is fading and dying out from lack of historical credibility and current relevance.
    Not that I think Roman Catholics typically represent British, but that wild claim is actually more credible in comparison, with the Roman Catholic attended mass the most attended (in terms of numbers) individual Christian religion service in England/Wales both currently and has been for the last few decades.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/11297461
    Difficult to find relevant actual stats of practising religious groups from surveys for Scotland, they appear to be looking for even more wilder assumed associated links such as who is more likely to be self employed or in jail.
    http://www.gov.scot/Topics/People/Equality/Equalities/DataGrid/Religion
    Do the forms for going self employed actually require religious status? seems the government accepts the findings worthy of factual claim!

Personally have little time for any formality of it, but do feel a lot of empathy for genuine religious people of any form , provided they don't attempt conversation in any detail about what someone who lived thousands of years ago speaking an effectively extinct language that they have not a word in, actually meant to say, via their interpretations of some other peoples assumptions theirs also being translated centuries after the events from yet another language they have not a actual word in and yet know the supposed true meaning.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  4. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I'm convinced there's more of them in Scotland,could say it's about 50/50 in Glasgow - hard to tell,but from my experience we seem to be vastly outnumbered in the likes of Ayrshire,Central Scotland and heading East.

5. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Where the * are they then? I've hardly seen a Sevco top since they were formed. Been years now.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  6. Belgian_lad

Interesting thread. Love these kind of discussions!

First from a Belgian perspective. I actually know only one Belgian who prefers rangers. And he is what u would describe as an edl type of person. In general most think of Celtic as a mystical club. European nights and most of all the Celtic kit! Its one of the most recognizing and beautifull kits in the world. I was in Colonne early 90’s when i first saw the Celtic kit and it was love at first sight. The songs etc. Most of my friends tend to favour Celtic above rangers. They show the old firm games here live. And in one game they had a poll before the game who they prefer to win and it was like 72% in favour of us.

My experience from living in Scotland. I first worked in Greenock with ibm back in the day. Nearly all the foreigners supported Celtic. In Greenock i always had a feel that it was more Celtic minded too. Specially towards Port Glasgow. When u headed down the coast to Largs, it was totally opposite. Even got into trouble once for wearing a Celtic kit! Later i worked in Clydebank and at work it seemed to be about 60/40 them v us.

My conclussion would be: us worldwide, them scotland, them in england and for me a draw in Glasgow(but the more succes we have the more our support will grow, when i lived in Glasgow i think it was about 55-45 them)

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Now now timmy remember they * their shirt deal

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

8. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Marching season will bring them all out of the woodwork

9. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    * day of the dead

Gyp Rosetti, Sonic Reducer and Marie like this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Smelly * are in Bellahouston Park this year, right across the road from me.:31:

11. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    lp02-009_day-of-dead-orange-round-skull_2.jpg

Marie likes this.
  12. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :102:

You'd be best going out for the day, Gyp.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. ladbroke8

THE I...
    THE I...
    THE IBM

14. Norm Peterson

In England it's definitely us over them.

Notable exceptions would be in Blackpool, Yorkshire and Corby. But in the major cities, we outnumber them massively.

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Am coming doon for you on Friday for a party :84:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  16. Hail_hail6767

Don’t know but seen a lot more Celtic tops about Glasgow than Sevco ones, we have more worldwide by far

Velvet Bollok likes this.
  17. Cbhoy67

Blackpool, Yorkshire and where? Never heard of the place, what's the big fascination with Huns in the mighty Corby? Had to google where it was (somewhere south of Leicester and North of Milton Keynes)

Bl*ody strange place to mention?

And I applaud your efforts into managing to get into every town and city in England to conduct this vote:50:

The amount of abuse we get from the English online when anything positive at all is posted about Celtic is unreal. You never know though, they may hate them even more than they do us.

18. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Stayed in leeds for 7 years now and haven't seen more than 3 people in a hun top yet see our tops quite regularly

19. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Corby definitely has a lot of huns

JML67 likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What about London then? The capital?

That a strange place to mention as well?

Obviously the capital has a bigger population than Scotland 3 time's over so YOU'D expect them to dwarf us here, right?

Their only London club has shut down after hanging on for dear life for month's..

We have and have had bundles all over London. You can come out of Euston and turn left and any big game the place will be mobbed spilling outside. Walk out of that 5 minute's tops to Camden and you'll walk in to another packed to the rafters..

2 banged out within minute's. Can't even get 1 of their's. Lol..

Corby was home to the biggest RSC in England. Surpised you've never heard of it.... We have at least 1 there now. Lol..

Crumbling just like their club did and their culture is. Haa..

JML67, Senna s1979 and Gyp Rosetti like this.