1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time for Lennon to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Feb 8, 2014.

Discuss Is it time for Lennon to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

:56::56:

Wait a minute. You refused to answer my question yesterday whilst having a debate, as you said that I had made a personal insult towards you. All because I said that I thought you were ignorant if you thought we should automatically qualify for the Group Stages as we were a seeded team. Yet, now I have seen you saying that fellow fans are acting like Huns and calling others "big babies" :56:

2. Dáibhí

It is possible to beat smaller teams by that margin and not be entertaining, just the same as it's possible to win 1-0 in a game where the team play some great football.

You could be correct though, it could simply be a case of the Scottish game pulling me down. I'm more exposed to La Liga over here now, and that may be playing a part in how I'm viewing Scottish football, and Celtic.

Still, if Lennon comes out and announces that he's going to give youth more of a chance next season then I'd definitely be more interested. The younger guys seem to play the game with more enjoyment and an urgency about their game that I like.

Give me a strikeforce of Watt & Griffiths over Stokes & Samaras any day of the week.

3. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    Is it time for Lennon to go? The simple answer is no!
    Having read thru all this thread, there appears to be a believe from some that we are playing boring football. That is a matter of taste. As some have Strived on here to explain, we have had a number of high scoring games. We can only play what is front of you, if a team attacks, you can play on the break, if a team sits back, you need to break them down with sit pieces.
    Some have argued about the two cup defeats this year, as a major failure. That's cup football. Upsets happen. If the same team won all the time, it would be boring for all supporters not just Celtic ones. You also learn from failure.
    Some have correctly mentioned about giving the young players a chance, and I suspect we will witness more of this over the rest if the season and subsequent seasons, the nucleus of the next team are all currently out on loan. They will build the next team from that. I can't wait to see it.
    Lennon has to establish the club as a regular champions league club first with bought in players, who we can develop and sell. Stage two is the next team comes from home grown.
    There are two many fans in here, calling to remove Lennon, when he is only at the start of a process that will establish the club as a competitive CL club and team.
    Let's not go down the route of hounding out of the club another successful and talented manager, only to have him replaced by a lesser manager, without the skillset to build on what was established before. My message to all the fans is Please learn from YOUR mistakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. celtic warrior

I still fail to see how a new manager can change/improve on what Lenny is currently doing.

It may not seem it but I think Lenny is one of best motivational managers right now and that is something the new manager is going to need in abundance, because if people think our team are taking things for granted and fail to get motivated for games alot, wait until a new manager comes in and can't motivate *.

Maybe then people will realise that just because "they" are gone and that alone should make things 100000x easier I really believe it couldn't be further from the truth and infact it makes any manager of Celtic and his job 10000000000x harder.

5. Artimac

Guys.

Let all remember that we never had a goal scored against us from November.

Losing was gonna happen eventually and Aberdeen are a decent team at the moment.

It's * i know but it's football. We can't win every game.

6. Green Socks

So Neil you finally made an account.

7. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

No foolin you Ally

8. wulliebad

:smiley-laughing002:

9. Green Socks

[​IMG]

How did you know it was me!?

10. Dáibhí

That has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of Lennon.

11. Artimac

Oh I'm sorry.

I just thought football points would be relevant when discussing the manager of our football club.

I swear I'm not Lenny, honest lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. CammyBhoyJunior

When Hearts knocked us out everyone was wanting Lennon out, but by the end of the season he was seen as a hero again.... same thing will happen this season!

And referring to the fact that he managed to win every league game in 09/10 season isn't really helping your argument.

13. Dáibhí

Football points do play a part, but I just feel it should be more entertaining to watch Celtic demolish the best Scottish football has to offer.

14. Artimac

Mate you're having a laugh.

Last 2 games haven't been great but in January, we played 5 games. We won 4-0, 3-0, 4-0, 4-0 and 1-0.

Or do you want 9-0 every week?

15. Dáibhí

As I said earlier, it's possible to demolish Scottish teams by a wide margin without playing entertaining football.

16. Jinky.

Its possible, but i think it has been entertaining for long periods of the season.

Weren't you entertained by the 7-0 Hearts game and the 5-0 Motherwell one?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  17. Artimac

I disagee with you buddy. I think we have been playing some good football.

Forster has been great this season with not many mistakes.

Commons has lit up games on his own in some games, great to see.

Virgil has been awesome.

Brown has been pretty good to watch as well.

Ledley, Ambrose, Izzy have been descent too.

I've enjoyed alot of the football this season. All we need is a good striker and solid midfielder and i think we are good.

18. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Please explain how Lennon will be seen as a hero at the end of the season when he's won 1 domestic trophy out of 3 (the one we had won before a ball was kicked)

It is helping my argument because the league games didn't matter one bit other than salvaging some pride after Mowbray's mess. He won them all yet in the only meaningful game he was in charge of that season (the cup semi) we lost

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I thought the 4-0 against Kilmarnock and even more so the 4-0 away against Hibernian were very entertaining games as well as the obvious above 2 games.

20. CammyBhoyJunior

Post-League winning buzz!!

Are you claiming Lennon can't take charge of big games?
    You only need to look back to last seasons champions league if you want proof of a Neil Lennon side winning big games... 2 in fact