1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time for Lennon to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Feb 8, 2014.

Discuss Is it time for Lennon to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I am pretty sure this season is the first meaningless CL game we have had, if not it has been a long time since we did.. Correct me if I am wrong.

2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

Not really regardless of support we should have won. I do think the supporters have become very fickle and provide zero motivation for the players at home games. I do realise that the disbursement of the green brigade can be partly blamed for this but in reality we should be able to support our team with out the aid of cheerleaders. The responsibility for this lies at the door of PL who has come out of this fiasco blameless.

3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

Was only taking the CL as an example of the apathy of our supporters to this fixture. Had we been in the final last saturday I am sure many more fans would have got off their arses to support the team. Moan and cry if we lose but dont * bother going to the game. This attitude is just as disgraceful as the teams.

I am not referring to you personally as a support as I know the cost and effort it takes to travel from Ireland for a game.

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Their motivation should be the thousands of pounds they are getting payed to play sport...You should be able to perform in front of 60 the same as 60,000 that is where managing the players comes in...Thats just my opinion

5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I agree with everything you've said there but there is nothing their to excite the fans

6. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The exact same considering the reasoning behind wanting Lennon to go is that only winning the league and going out of the cups this early isn't good enough.

It's not impulsive. Morton and Aberdeen in the cup this year. St Mirren in the semis last year. Hearts in the semi and Killie in the final in 11/12. Ross County in the 09/10 semi (mainly Mowbray's team but Lennon still managed to win every league game that season)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I know plenty of lads that only come from Dublin if it is a big game and in fairness as you said I cant blame them. At the moment there are not alot of important games that is why I thought a cup run was essential this year.

8. Jinky.

Neil Lennon is a * hero and a legend.

* bless him.

9. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

If this is the case why not sit on our * for the CL games and save our singing for the pub. The phrase "the twelfth man" was not coined for no reason.

Despite what I have just typed we should have beaten Aberdeen without breaking a sweat. We did not. We underperformed. We were beaten by a lesser team it is not the first time this has happened nor will it be the last nor are we the only team that this will happen to.

10. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Aye? Honestly mate, deal with it. That's fitba' after all and it's what we signed up for.

The current league is not strong? Of course it's not, talk about stating the obvious. And why? Because some cheating * * it up for everyone.

More than ever, this is the time to put your money down and get along and support the club. Diedco crave the exact response you are giving them.

* them - I'm supporting the team. I guess a lot of people on here never lived through Oldco's 9iar. Why you would desert the team at this crucial time is beyond me it really is.

Celtic lost a game? No offence mate but * sake. Celtic don't play attractive enough football? Come on - when did our support grow so petty. This is a man's game. Go along and voice your displeasure by all manner of means. But please do go along regardless. :50:

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I am not saying we shouldn't attend I am just saying these guys should need no extra motivation, drag the * down the dole que, that will motivate them:56:

The point is we didn't beat them and I blame Lennon not the players..The book stops with him. I just can't see where we go with Lennon.. I would like to see him given until the end of the season then changed.. I know it wont happen and it will be the same next season... I could be wrong but I doubt it.

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I cant really argue with that. I find it hard to get motivated to make the trip at the moment. Strangely the Aberdeen game was a fixture I was planning to attend but could not get away.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I remember even last season our first home game against Benfica in the CL and the Naomh Padraig bus from Dublin was nearly empty, it has been packed for CL games since :icon_mrgreen:

14. ulsterscot

Getting rid of Lennon would be the easy bit . It would certainly please
    many of the bigots and racist who support many of the Scottish teams .
    It would also please the Scottish FA big wigs , one of them a Rangers EBT
    showed his loyalties were still firmly at Ibrox on Friday.
    Who will Celtic get to replace Lennon , hopefully not an EPL failure nor
    Jackie Mac , who seems to have let his young team go on lengthily losing runs .

15. Cmcgregor90

Don't talk * !

16. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah no matter how bad Lennon
    does we must keep him because
    if we sacked him then the bigots would win.

I'd be happy with an 'EPL
    failure' such as Malky MacKay. You say
    that about McNamara as if he
    is deliberately losing

17. ulsterscot

You start by saying he had a decent spell but say that's long ago.
    Some could say about a dozen clean sheets domestically scoring over
    30 goals and winning all them matches was quite decent and quite recent .
    You then talk about him bottling league up in Inverness, Jesus that years
    ago, if I didn't know better I think you were anti Lennon .
    Are you a Celtic supporter true and true , or are you just a winning Celtic fan .

18. Joe68

Great points. I agree with all of them. Also - the man is paid rather handsomely and could be considered well rewarded for his efforts. I just want to see good football personally.

19. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Absolutely spot on. Agree with every point.

20. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Away you go ya sanctimonious * :smiley-laughing002: spoon feeding me facts? :smiley-laughing002: sorry mate but you're just sounding like a complete * now, as if you know better than everyone on here :56:

It's certainly no "wonderful achievement" - at no point I used those words as well - but it's an achievement nonetheless when you get into the CL group stages, regardless of who we play. Yes we made hard work of the last 2 ties, but we got there in the end. I bet you weren't raging with Lennon then, claiming "it's not an achievement". No, you'd have been celebrating like the rest of us that we were there again.

If "the CL is no longer an achievement" is your attitude, then don't bother watching next season. Another one of these "supporters" that support the team when we're fling high then attack the manager as soon as things don't go our way. Great attitude kid :50: