1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With The Conspiracy Nonsense?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Apr 15, 2012.

Discuss Is Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With The Conspiracy Nonsense? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

Was Dallas not sacked because he was outed in the media ?
    Would Farry have been sacked were it not for Fergus McCann ?

It would be nice to see the SFA do the right thing without being pressurised from outside sources.

2. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Davis blocked Stokes off. We had another one denied earlier in the game for almost exactly the same thing, with Ledley. Stokes was also booked for diving after he was tripped in the box later in the game.

3. Sween

Only the most blinded fans can scream conspiracy after only drawing level due to an offside goal. Then if you suggest that, people argue "ah, but that was a marginal decision". Same argument when hearts scored against us in the last game and even though the ball was over the line it didnt stand.

Only, if referees are meeting in darkened corners of the country trying to screw celtic, these are exactly the type of decisions they wouldnt give us. Why would any conspirator give a team they really want to screw an offside goal, only to then give a penalty against them? Unless of course that is all part of the masterplan, to convince simpletons like myself that it is actually just human error....

And I bet when Romanov complains of conspiracies, when Rangers and Dundee Utd have bemoaned refereeing in the past, and when every other team in Scotland complain that the "old firm get all the decisions". They are all probably in on the one real great conspiracy as well.....

Just because you're paranoid, dont mean their not out to get you!

4. smithy18

I would say that any referee that has been forced to resign or picked on has inferred that in order to advance your career there are certain people you must suck up to and these people are high up with the sfa and also the refereeing department is controlled by the sfa they might put people in place to run it but the powers that be at the sfa are ultimately the people in charge so if they would be so blatant to break the rules and implicate themselves in the points I put forward I see no reason why they wouldn't get other people to do it by using the threat of demotion

5. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Dont understand the need to meet in darkened corners of the country or as a previous poster with your viewpoint puts it "an undergroud lair below Hampden".

6. pod

What except for when Dallas backed Dougie and turned on Craven when even Dougie admitted they had concoted a story? He should have been sacked on the spot for not taking a stance against our Dougie but he was not. What does that tell you?

7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    i think some of it is over-exaggerated but alot of it is not far from the truth.

8. Sween

How would such a conspiracy work then? Do they hand-pick referees from when they are starting out to be anti-celtic or are they indoctrinated as they come through the ranks? Is every official in or it, and who exactly are the people behind it?

Most importantly of all, why are they so bad at conspiring so we dont win. They keep messing up, giving us offside goals, and letting us win 16 games on the bounce. Surely they must try harder!

9. made in ireland

Well there you have it. You've based your opinion without taking into consideration any of those proven facts. Every single example being evidence of anti-Celtic and/or anti-Catholic sentiment within the SFA. And not only that, but it required an outside body to demand action be taken, when the SFA in some instances attempted to sweep it under the carpet. Then you have instances such as the Rev. Mike McCurry having a sing-song the day after a 'poor' refeering performance, the Rangers keeper Bobby Brown and the 'masonic lodge retirement do for a match official' story, the comments of Jock Stein, Billy McNeill, Davie Hay, Bertie Auld, Tommy Burns and even the current Scotland manager Craig Levein.

* only knows what some people need to take their heads out the sand, and accept what are proven facts.

10. Boldfenian

26 pages of people on here trying to convince others on wether there is an agenda or not..all this what about this or what about that..We could go another 26 pages and people will still believe what they believe...and to be honest, I couldnt care what anyone says. I believe the SFA are a corrupt organisation and no one on here, or even the Scottish media will convince me otherwise!..I've lived in this country and followed Celtic long enough to come to my own conclusions. So, if you want to believe there isnt an agenda, then so be it, but if you're thinking about trying to convince me, or anyone like me on here otherwise...you're wasting your time! * THE SFA!

11. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I dont think it would be that difficult to find referees in Scotland that dont like Celtic.

Considering FIFAs benefit of the doubt rule on the lack of TV replays given to the officials then I think it would be difficult to call Hoopers goal offside. From your posts you seem to believe that they are cheating in our favour by giving us offside goals.

By contrast the penalty given against us was not a close call decision with any benefit of the doubt rule.

12. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    For most of its history the SFA has employed people who if asked who do they prefer Rangers or Celtic, they would pick Rangers. Simple.

I think over the years that most of the bad decisions given against us/for them, have been given by lone rangers (pun intended), what i mean is that the problem is with one official who has either consciously or sub-consciously treated us or other teams unfairly to the benefit of rangers. I suspect that we will always be subjected to the odd "honest mistake", costing us. The list of these "honest mistakes" is long and also very difficult to prove.

At the same time there is evidence that the SFA have conspired against us. Dallas, Dougie, Farey etc. Lies and cover ups by the governing body has been proven in these cases. Proven. I honestly find it hard to believe that some fans are "fed up with the conspiracy nonsense". No club should ever have to put up with conspiracy nonsense because no institution should ever conspire against a football club.

For far too long we have taken this crab on the chin and if we dont act then we will not change what needs changing. There has to be sporting integrity otherwise what is the point?

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We are champions.

There are plenty of matches we've lost that have been no-one's fault but our own.
    You're being unfair to our support here. We are all mature enough to realise that officials make errors.
    I have no problems with the way Lennon has behaved. He stands up for himself and airs his opinion, there is nothing wrong with that.

Nonsense.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    They should lie detector test Referees after every game :56:
    Test Guy "Do you hate Celtic"
    Hugh Dallas "No"

[​IMG]

15. Ache

So it's come out that Euan Norris has had a season ticket for Ibrokes for years that his family now use since he's become grade 1. Consider me * super suprised:56:

16. Boldfenian

Where did you hear this mate? Somewhere I can read about it?

17. Boldfenian

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
  19. Boldfenian

Well if its consistancy we're looking for from referees, then this * is as consistant as they come by the looks of it...consistantly denies us pens and consistantly awards the huns and teams playing against us spot kicks...the facts are there to see and have been for a while by the looks of it..maybe I'm just para eh?:87:

20. coachjvw

The more worrying thing for me is that when manager/coach/players keep claiming that something beyond their control (refereeing decisions) is causing them to lose important matches then they do not really take responsibility for their performance/effort/result. If they do not take responsibility for these things - then they will not improve. That worries me the most. How does this young side get better when the cause of a mediocre/poor performance is glossed over and attributed to poor refereeing decisions ?