1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With The Conspiracy Nonsense?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Apr 15, 2012.

Discuss Is Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With The Conspiracy Nonsense? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dáibhí

It may just be me, but I think the whole conspiracy deal is getting a bit old. As with a lot of things, it's being overused, and is providing certain people with excuses for the team simply not being good enough.

It seems that every time we lose it's down to involvement from someone not affiliated with the club, and those people are usually labelled as "Huns".

I'm sure there are certain match officials who favour Rangers in their personal life, but I also believe there are match officials who favour other teams as well, including Celtic. I don't believe that those officials go out of their way to favour those teams during match play though.

With the amount of coverage this subject has had in our media I don't think any match official would be stupid enough to work in favour of a certain team. It's simply not worth the risk, especially if your intentions are to work against Celtic.

Every questionable decision against us is scrutinised beyond belief. Truth be told, I'd be * myself if I was working any of our games as an official. One mistake and you're a "Hun" and you have your name dragged through the mud.

The worst of it all for me is that the protagonist seems to be our club manager. I can understand this kind of talk from fans, media members and ex-players, but the club manager should carry himself with a level of respect and behave in a way befitting the job he's in.

The behaviour of the players and one of our staff after the game today was * ridiculous to be honest. The question is though, why should they act any different? They see their leader doing it on a regular basis.

I'm not judging Lennon on results or team performance here, I'm juding him on his actions as the club manager.

Jock Stein would be turning in his grave if he could see the way that the manager of our club was behaving, and would more than likely have a few choice words for him.

2. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Naw, but I'm getting fed up of corrupt officials.

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:50::56: good answer

4. smithy18

no I'm getting fed up with people who would rather we got * over and just sit there with our mouths shut

5. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    It makes no sense for the officials to put Celtic out.

We'd guarantee sell out the stadium for the final and bring massive corporate and hospitality revenue because of it.

It's just incompetence.

For once this year it has happened across the board and not just against us.

The huns have had some shocking decisions go against them.

I'm starting to get tired of Lennon's excuses. On twitter saying these bad decisions are personal. I very much doubt the ref single handedly gave Hearts the win. We had 11 players on the field that weren't up for it.

Starting to fear the worst for 29th now.

6. Dáibhí

Okay, so if a decision goes against a side we're playing against it's simply bad officiating, but if it goes against us it's a Hun trying to screw us over?

I'll need to buy myself a tinfoil hat I reckon...

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm sure Jock Stein and his Captain had plenty to say about the officials in this country.

The only difference was they had a team that could still win in spite of the cheating.

the same thing happened in MON's time, the cheating still went on , we still complained but we won most of the time.

As for the behaviour of the players and staff, dont you think they are better placed to make the call about dodgy decisions than you or me?

8. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    They're incompetent mate.

Whether that's because they are corrupt is debatable.

9. Belfast-hoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Going along the conspiracy lines is making us look a bit ridiculous IMO but I will stand by the fact that we are being blatantly cheated by some SFA officials.

After all, it has been proven.

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Agreed.

11. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

No, cause it's not pish

12. ladbroke8

Im sick of people who dont know what conspiracy means. They use the word to to project beliefs on an individual's decision. If the referee had a personal vendetta against Celtic and gave the penalty then its still not a conspiracy by defenition.

13. Dáibhí

The match officials in this country simply aren't any good. That's the real problem, and until we recognise that it'll never change.

There are ridiculous calls being made all over the country on match day at the moment.

14. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    Its the sheer frequency of dubious decisions that go against us that stinks. Seems the way to get ahead in refereeing in Scotland is to show you're not afraid of making big (often dubious such as today) decisions against celtic.

15. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No I'm fed up of incompetent/corrupt (make your own mind up) referees that give penalties when they aren't looking (Collum last season at Parkhead v the huns), refs giving penalties then changing their mind then lying to our manager, (McDonald at Tannadice last season), refs booking our players for diving when they get fouled when they're through on goal (Collum again v Killie) and today refs (Norris) giving penalties when the ball is blasted at Ledley from about 3 yards away and then claiming he thought it hit Wanyama

* the SFA

16. pod

Which ones? And please dont say a ball that might have crossed the line at our place which even high tech camera's could not provide conclusive proof.

17. Dáibhí

And how many games do you go to that don't involve Celtic? How do you know that there aren't dubious decisions being made on a frequent basis on match day?

I have a few friends who support (and have season tickets for) non old firm teams and they all say the same thing. The officiating in this country is extremely poor.

It's not just an anti-Celtic thing.

18. murphy1967

is it true that the ref has said he thought the ball hit wanyamas arm?

19. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I don't think there is a group conspiracy, but I do think there is individual dishonesty by some officials.

20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The ball did hit Wanyama's hand