1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"I'm a paedophile, not a monster"

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by This Charming Man, May 21, 2016.

Discuss "I'm a paedophile, not a monster" in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

On most cases, I'd have to whole-heartedly disagree with this - unless of course being put on a register and serving.....say....1-2 years in jail is fair for sodemising/sexually molesting under agers/kids/toddlers/babies of all ages? And there's the other slant on it, when (if you choose to believe) that the justice system is rife with peadophiles...........

A beast is a beast no matter which way people want it to be dressed up. I do have a minute piece of sympathy though for the ones who do wish to have their disorder treated before they may possibly act on their deviant impulses.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't think what he did is comparable to what normal teenagers do though. If you had a young child would you feel comfortable with him around them? Never mind being along with him.

He just can't be trusted.

3. Dáibhí

Normal teenagers have been known to * whilst thinking about someone they are attracted to, which is what he did, isn't it?

And think about this, what's to say that anyone with young children doesn't already have people of that sexual persuasion around them already? I mean, most paedophiles are hardly going to wear a badge that tells you that they're attracted to children, are they?

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't know about you, but I never felt the need to go into another persons bathroom and * over them as a teenager. That's not normal.

On your second point, it's unfortunate that that inevitably happens, but I'm talking about the guy in the video more specifically. My opinion on Paedo's in general is that if they are caught carrying anything out on a child then they need a bullet to the head. I'm not sure how you can tackle the ones that don't admit to it or don't act out, but I certainly wouldn't be trusting anyone like your man in the video to not act out.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Are you being serious or are you a WUM?

I don't need to articulate my argument any further. I'd rather remove the potential paedophiles from society than even have the possibility that a child is raped or abused by these sick, twisted, evil people.

I picked up on the fact you can't even spell 'paedophile' correctly because you intimated my attitude is the reason children are put in greater danger. Which is a massive pile of * which I take exception to.

I'm a registered Foster Carer with East Renfrewshire Council and have seen first hand the fallout from this exact subject. So get back to the drawing board because where you've read a thesis from some goon on the Internet, I've lived it.

6. Dáibhí

Nah, me neither, but I don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility that it could happen.

My question though is, why do you need to "tackle" the ones who don't act out? They haven't broken the law, have they? If they never act on their urges then what's the problem?

7. JoeDan67

If you find a hand grenade in your garden do you say it,s OK it hasn't,t gone off and then let your children play with it.

8. Dáibhí

Aye, that's the exact same thing :97:

9. This Charming Man

I think the difference is most men & women will one day get the chance to mate with people they're attracted to, have relationships with people they're attracted to, and if they're not getting any of these they have * industries which they can relieve themselves too.

Do paedophiles have any of this? They're going through their whole lives sexually frustrated, suffering from mental illnesses and being ostracised from mainstream society. I think it's a ticking time bomb in most cases. I can categorically say I've never had to go to the bathroom in such an urgency to relieve myself because someone who I was attracted to was in the same room.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What you fail to address is the fact * over defenceless children isn't normal behaviour. Your entire tone towards the debate is sympathetic to people that want to abuse kids.

Which is as shocking as it is entirely expected.

11. ynwa1987

I didnt mean to offend you and my initial post was a bit condescending, apologies. I meant more societys attitude in general towards them not you as an individual .

Yea im being pretty serious. Its kind of inhumane to kill someone who was born with a condition they have no control over. If they have actually committed an act of pedophilia its a different case altogether.

What about the kids who were abused by pedophiles that then grow up with the same sick urges? Would you kill them as well?

I think the situation is not as black and white as you think it is.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

So, would you find it perfectly acceptable if you found out a beast was masturbating over photos of your child, even though he never tried to act out and actually sexually molest your child?

13. Dáibhí

Child * is illegal though, so he'd be dealt with by the authorities, wouldn't he?

I have no issues with the penalties for child abuse being increased (not sure about bullets to the head, hanging or any other * like that right enough), but those penalties should only be applied to those who break the law.

Being a paedophile isn't against the law. Acting upon those urges is.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

I never specifically mentioned child * - there are plenty of ways to access lawful images of children.

15. ynwa1987

No I wouldn't , because at that point I wouldn't be looking at it objectively , parental instinct would kick in and id want to kick his * in.

Which is why iv said this whole time I can understand why Paul and others feel the way they do.

It is such a tricky subject and no solution is going to please everyone but imo captital punishment is a bad road to go down. Especially for those who haven't committed a crime.

16. Dáibhí

In that case I'd probably be angry, but short of breaking the law myself there wouldn't be much could be done about it.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

So your entire argument is fabricated from the base that they should not be ostracised from society simply because they have a mental illness which makes them want to have * with minors?

My entire argument is from the base that the potential harm to the innocent children takes precedence over the mental health of the potential beast. Which, for me, is basic common sense.

This recent and current train of thought that just about anything can be pardoned if you put it down to a mental deficiency is a dangerous one. It is leading us down a PC path where no matter the crime there will be a bullshit excuse that the offender needs counselling or mental help. The reality is the victims or potential victims are the ones that need protected, not the wrong'uns that want to abuse kids.

18. ynwa1987

Im not saying they should be welcomed into society with open arms. Im not saying that at all. I have no problem with them being ostracized as such. But capital punishment for those that have committed no crime is a dangerous path to go down.

Obviously the priority here is to protect children , not the pedos, everyone can agree with that.

But to protect the children you may have to make it easier for pedophiles to come forward so they can be dealt with and kept away from children. If they come forward we can keep tabs on them

Capital punishment will make it harder to them to do so and may put children in more danger as ones that would have come forward may have second thoughts.

It does seems counter intuitive but when I read the guys argument it made sense to me at least.

Also alot of pedophiles were abused when they were younger as well, so in a sense they are victims to , another reason why captial punishment seems inhumane to me.

19. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't believe we have people saying we should kill people because they might do something. Would like to watch that trial...

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Has capital punishment ever been proven to reduce any sort of crime?