1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

If we only get Desailly...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mikebhoy, Aug 31, 2004.

Discuss If we only get Desailly... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mikebhoy

....are we disappointed? Might/might not get Yorke, maybe this Norwich boy McVeigh, definately not Julio Arca (he's playing for the Mackems against Reading tonight), so we might just get the 34 year old Frenchman who looked well off the pace in his one game at Euro2004 (against Prso!) and in the CL...

2. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    All im asking for is one signing to spruce things up a bit. I'll leave it to MON to figure out who that signing is.. Id be happy with Desailly as he has experience at the highest level, id prefer Arca though due to his age.

Welcome to the forum btw mate.

3. mikebhoy

Gracias for the welcome. Desailly might do a job as cover for a season till (hopefully) big Kennedy comes back.

I think all of the transfer dealings this summer have hinted at deliberate short-termism, getting in experience or potential on short term deals (Camara on loan, Juninho on a 2-year deal, Desailly/Yorke). This is either down to a) the hinted at loosening of the purse strings next year when the amortisation from the reckless excess of the Barnes era and the investment of the initial O'Neill spending finally leaves the P&L, suggesting younger better, more expensive signings are on the way OR....

b) Give the youngesters (Wallace, Beattie, McGeady, Marshall, McManus, Cuthbert, McBride, Pearson, Maloney, Kennedy) time to get either more experience or fitness.

Hopefully a bit of both, a strong spine of young Celts with a dash of real quality here and there would be just the ticket....

FINGERSCROSSEDCSC

4. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    They could be holding out to offer a few pre-contracts in January i.e. Arca or even to Robbie Keane who only has 2 years left. But I really do think we need one or 2 players tonight if we are to progress in the Champions League!

GETTINGIMPATIENTCSC

5. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

We'd be lucky imo to do better than 3rd place in the CL if we dont some quality tonight!!

ONEHOURFOURTYFIVEMINUTESTILLTRANSFERDEADLINECSC

6. mikebhoy

Got that right chief. 3rd place will be a f***ing great achievement especially at this rate

7. Dubsbhoy Banned!

The signings are all about the CL, don't wanna sound too cocky too early but it's 2 in a row 8 to go with league.

My final word before the deadline is we will sign Desailly, yorke will go to brum and all the other names will amount to nothing. hope im wrong.

Welcome to talkceltic mike, enjoy.

btw this has been the best day on the site since it got going at one stage i thought i was signing the players myself :icon_lol: i wish we could have dead lines everyday. :icon_mrgr

8. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Couldnt put it better myself mate. This day will certainly go down in TC's history! The amount of members joined in the last 2 days and the amount of posts today is phenominal! Well done everyone!!