1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical question

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jax Teller, Feb 21, 2018.

Discuss Hypothetical question in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

* this, will win the league and Europa this season, sacrifice a domestic title and then carry on to 10iar.

Still doing a treble this season and then do the treble treble next season and win champions league next season and Euro super cup and league.

2. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

I really don't know without asking Google.

Some People are overrating the importance of the European League. I don't think many would take Scottish Football or us more seriously. big Clubs Play to win the Champions league. all eyes are on the Champions league.

winning a final is always nice, but there's difference if you are kings of europe or just kings among mediocre and above average teams.*

*I said the same when the huns reached the uefa Cup final that year. To me it's a Mickey mouse competition. unfortunately we are far more likely to win that one than the champs league though. personally I'd make me happy too, of course, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice a 10 IAR for it.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

My first thought too :giggle1:

Europa for me. But as long we do at least one or the other il be happy.

4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Porto won it that year. Atletico won the year after when we had them in our group.

Overkill187 likes this.
  5. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Winning the Europa League would be absolutely incredible but having grew up during 9 in a row and seeing us lose leagues in the last game of the season, 10 In a row would top it for me imo. If we don't win 10 in a row then it means that Govan mob win a league title, can't be allowed.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  6. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Im one of those who grew up when they where winning everything and yes i want to ram every title win down there ugly fkn throats . Probably the people who didnt grow up during those years are the ones on here whingeing about how * we are while were top of the league won a cup still in the the other cup and in europe after christmas .

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I really don't get the obsession with having to win 4 league games in a row. While it would be nice to win every league game surely the aim is to win or go as far in all the comps we enter as we can. We have already won the League cup, the league is all but won, we are strong favourites for the Scottish cup and are still in Europe. We can finish any higher in the league than first so dropping a few extra points in the league with the aim to prolong our European campaign is fine with me.

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I was too wee to remember their tainted 9IAR so to me the 10 isn't some sort of 'once and for all' achievement but I can see why those who had to put up with almost a decade of Hun * rubbing their nose in it do see it that way.

What I did grow up with though was the best squad in my lifetime getting to a European final and my all time favourite player being in tears at losing despite scoring twice. I want to make up for that heartbreak more than revenge on the scum - karma and the tax man did that for us.

Bring home the not-as-big cup for henke!

Xatraps and Britwell bhoy like this.
  9. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I wouldn’t sacrifice winning 10IAR for a Europa league title, but calling it a Mickey Mouse competition is utter nonsense. Teams like Arsenal,Dortmund,Atletico Madrid, Ac Milan in it and not to mention last years winners were Manchester United. Would be an incredible achievement if we were to even make the final, but the 10 is still more important.

10. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I can see both sides of it . If i was one of the younger generation i would probably want the Ec but personally its 10IAR for me

Xatraps and JML67 like this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If you offered either to a Celtic fan they would bite your hand off, to choose between the two is just too difficult though.

12. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Those teams mentioned are good sides, but not elite teams. my point is the goal of those teams is winning the champions league. an european league trophy is more like a consolation.

It's a mickey mouse competition when you compare the financial numbers of the european league to the champions league.

Don't get me wrong mate, subjectively I'd love to win it and it might be a big success to us, but objectively it wouldn't be that much of a success as some people love to believe.

13. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I’d disagree mate, but each to their own.

14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    10 for me, after having to endure the scums 9-in a row (financial doping) and absolute * from their neanderthal support I want the 10.

15. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

My auld man was over in Seville for the final in 03 and still talks about it to this day, saying it was up there with the best moments of his life. I was only 8 at the time of that final so couldn’t go, but after hearing all the stories from it, it’s been a dream of mine ever since.

Overkill187 likes this.
  16. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

It would be a great experience for any of us, just like Seville. No doubt about that. However the world of football wouldn't really bother about it and it wouldn't have that much of an effect to it like some believe. that's what I was trying to say :p

17. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It would have more of an effect to the rest of the world than winning 10iar would. Also it would also grant us a spot in the champions league group and an extra 30+ million.

18. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Genuinely havent, do they have something similar over there?

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Neither is winning ten SPFL titles in a row.

20. Markybhoy

If we win 10IAR, that means we'll have won the league for the previous nine seasons. The only difference will be a momentary feeling of GIRUY aimed towards the filth.

Winning the Europa League is something I would remember for the rest of my life. It would be a one off. If we won it, its likely the only time I would see it in my lifetime. I'm not passing that up just to get it up the dobs a bit more than we already do. That game is over, they died, we won.

Jax Teller likes this.