1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How hard would it be to get CL tix?

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Farmer, Aug 23, 2014.

Discuss How hard would it be to get CL tix? in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Farmer

If Celtic qualifies for the group stages on Tuesday I'd like to fly over for a game. How hard would it be to get two CL tickets and how would I go about it?

Cheers

2. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    They go on sale to people with season tickets and never usually make it to general sale. If you know someone with a season ticket ask them to get you one.

Sometimes see people outside the ground with them but not very often.

3. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Plus single match tickets don't go on sale if any are left until a week or two before the game so might be cutting it tight with travel etc

4. Farmer

I don't live in Scotland so I don't know anyone with seasons. How do people overseas generally go about getting CL tickets. Surely there must be a way.

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    There's always a few* that go on general sale a week or so before the game, the problem is (last couple years at least) they are put up on the ticket website at random with no warning whatsoever. You just have to have the celtic ticket page open and keep refreshing like a mad alcoholic in the desperate hope that a ticket comes up.

* And I mean a few, like usually less than 200. Sometimes tics get sent back by the away team who fail to sell out, or if UEFAs buddies at Nike/McDonalds/Carlsberg etc don't take up their allocation.

Basically mate it's pot luck, if you could get in touch with a season ticket holder over here and get them to save you one that would be your best bet, though obviously I appreciate that's still quite hard for you.

6. Farmer

Buying general sale a week in advance would be next to impossible just for logistic and travel reasons. If I do manage to get in touch with a season holder and they get a couple for me, I could just pick them up at the gate yeah? How willing are season holders to do this? Do they only get allotted so many tickets each?

7. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Usually ST's are allowed to buy their own 3 match package first and then allowed to buy another 3-4 packages. Occasionally there will be a public sale of 3 match packages but not often.

General sale of single matches does happen if singles are available but often without very much notice.

You'd be pushed to find a ST holder willing to buy you a 3 match package without the money upfront. With your only being able to attend one game you'd then have to trust the ST holder to sell on the other two matches on the day and arrange a way that he can pay you that money back.

In my experience you can often find spares on the day but I wouldn't fly all the way from Canada taking that chance.

The other possibility is to buy a single match CL hospitality package. Though these can be very expensive at least you would be guaranteed a ticket for the game of your choice.

8. Farmer

Cheers man, thanks for the good info. I forgot about the hospitality packages, that'll have to be what I do and is probably what most overseas supporters must do.

9. Millerntor

Unless we draw someone like Real Madrid or an English side you'll get a ticket no problem from the spares going around internet forums or outside the stadium. I had spares for all three group games last season. Only got a buyer for Ajax ticket a few hours before the game and was worse for Barcelona game - couldn't even give it away until an hour before the game. Their were tons of spares going for all three games.

10. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

The fact he's coming from Canada means he can't do that although when i was at the Barca game there was a few selling tickets outside the ground

11. Millerntor

There will be plenty going around internet forums for any game with a slight possible exception of a few glamour ties. If as previous years they sell extra packages to season ticket holders then it's a case of persuading a season ticket holder to buy extra.

12. C2911

Last year the three game package sold out before it went on General Sale, but I was able to get tickets for all three games when the other three handed back some of their tickets (with the exception of Ajax which I wasn't able to go to, but I'm sure the club released some for GS anyway).

13. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I'd happily die if I got to a champions league game or an all Ireland final hill ticket

14. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    What's stopping you coming over for a CL night?

15. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Getting a ticket mostly

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Should be pretty easy to get one of the * now.