1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How far away are we from people rarely leaving their houses?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Oct 14, 2018.

Discuss How far away are we from people rarely leaving their houses? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You’ve just watched Demolition Man haven’t you?

2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

The world won't exist as we know it in 100 years.

I'd say it will be dead.

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I’m on about all the new technology/ robots doing our work / self driving & charging cars etc.

4. TimFloyd Gold Member

I’m thinking he has just watched Tom Seguras latest Netflix special, he has a bit talking about self raising beds and being so lazy you can’t even sit up in your bed by yourself and not having to leave the house for anything.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not seen it, but surely if you became that lazy your body functions would turn to * and you would eventually shut down?

In a world that money doesn't exist, that we all have everything we need, we 'work' to keep the system ticking over. We would still need to be physically active, or else life expectancy would be extremely * low.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

6. Grace

I don't know about people not leaving their houses ever but the introduction of apps like Just Eat must have a horrendous impact on the average weight and general health of adults in the UK. Don't even need to leave your house for a munch. I mind being wee and hardly ever getting a take away unless it was a special treat, and even then my dad would go out and pick it up. Being able to order food online to your house with your debit card so not even needing a tenner in your purse to pay is far, far too handy. I was definitely eating more * now it's so convenient but wrapped it when I was saving for a deposit for a house. The amount I could spend was ridiculous and 3/4 was getting binned.

smokie899 likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I thought I'd be the same, but as I've gotten older I've become a lot more aware of how much * I do eat, which I think prevents me from over using these sort of apps.

Talking of which, was at the airport last week and noticed wetherspoons have a food and drink order app now as well.

Sit down at your table, log in to the app and order your meal and drinks, give them table number and pay online.
    We now don't even need to go to a bar!!!

Which to be fair is really handy for the airport as I * hate the way some idiots que at a bar at these places, actually forming a line like at the ATM when there is 5 bar tenders pottering around and 50ft of bar space. Yet everyone stands behind each other utilizing one member of staff.

Get some daggers when you walk to the bar and just catch their eye.

8. Grace

My pal used that app in Wetherspoons a few weeks ago and her food never came. Had to reorder at the bar. Took an hour for her to get something to eat :giggle1:

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Screenshot your orders just in case.

We actually discussed that at the time, wondered how long it would take and if we would be better going to bar anyway. Turned out it was very fast actually. Was impressed.
    But always gonna get the good and the bad with them.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We’re already at a stage where some people never leave the house.

11. leeso-ardoyne

agree. more and more people are afraid to leave the house these days. shocking how its became.

12. leeso-ardoyne

The world leaders will have reduced the number of people on this planet by a war or a man made virus. The rest will be slaves just as we are today. Watch social credits, chinas new experiment which will become the norm for our grandkids. The world is one * up place now, its going to be even more * up in years to come. Freedom will be a pipe dream. If you dont conform to society, youll get your chip turned off and become useless, and die.

* , why did i even enter this thread! Pure head *

13. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Think I’m right in saying that the earth has a habit of resetting itself. No humans raped the earth during the last ice age.
    The time is approaching again only humans are speeding it up by being dicks.
    Robots may always be smarter than humans, but don’t think they’ll ever be as intelligent. Surely even robots need to evolve.
    Was in the mental health sector for a few years and knew a few people who don’t leave home. It would surprise you how quick their physical health goes and they die.
    Most of the technology mentioned us already out there. Just to expensive.
    As long as the earths as beautiful as it is, I will always want to go out and see it. Next time your feeling *, go up a mountain or to a beach when windy, or preferably stormy and stand for a while in it. Refreshing.

StPauli1916 likes this.