1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How does this season compare to recent seasons?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 20, 2018.

Discuss How does this season compare to recent seasons? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    A quarter final in Europe and treble would be best season since I was born Lisbon was before my time and Seville we didn't win anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saul Goodman likes this.
  2. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    it'll be Saint Brendan

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This is Celtic Chat mate.

‘Focus on your own team.’

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. KL Bhoy Kez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Genuinely think that Celtic are one of the only clubs in the world where we could win the treble and still have fans that think the "standard hasnt been good enough".

Folk are never happy - does my * * in.

5. JamesM09

Fans want to be entertained mate. Too many poor performances domestically this season. It’s not just about wins, it’s about playing good football. Fed up sitting 90 mins and only seeing 3 or 4 attempts on target.

We’re a much better squad than that. The level of criticism has been fairly well measured IMO. Praise is rightly being given for accomplishments so far this season, but the quality of performance needs to be improved domestically.

There really is no reason such a highly talented group of players should be struggling to make chances. It looks like it’s a tactical problem domestically and a lack of tempo and urgency.

bhoy81 likes this.
  6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Not as good as last season. Better than most.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  7. Bhoyo87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song
    Still see this season as being a successful one, think it's pretty remarkable given the output of games we've had to play since Brendan took over how competitive we've been, it's easy to think of last season as a benchmark, naturally you will look back and compare last year but to be at this stage in the season and be in with a shout of another treble highlights how competitive we've been surely, even with the additional European commitments.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Rodgers has lost 2 domestic games in 80.

That’s all you need to tell anyone when they start their pish because the Huns have won a couple of games and suddenly there’s a title race.

Absolutely * hilarious.

Saul Goodman and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::56::56::brendy:

PaulM1888 likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

End of Last season:

League Winners
    Scottish Cup Winners
    League Cup Winners
    Qualified for the CL - knocked out of the CL in last position
    Unbeaten domestically

This season, so far:

League Cup Winners
    Qualified for the CL - knocked out in 3rd position
    Qualified for the Europa League (Euro fitba AFTER Christmas)
    Lost two games domestically

Brendan OUT!

Bertie Cauld and Pablo87 like this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We have been our own worse enemy in my honest opinion.

Teams have found us out and we haven't changed our formation and a big factor has been we never got out recritment right in the last two windows for me.

We had all the excusess before the break, abiut being knacketed and needing a rest but thats clearly not the case.

We need to change our football style is not working like last season and Rodgers has been found out, also playing players who have been so out of form has not helped.

Need to make sure we get this title won and then build in the summer, I've said a few times this summer will be our most important for the 10 with getting the quality we need in the correct positions.

12. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If we win the treble again that will be some achievment no matter how we've played

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    All about the winning for me if you don't win you don't get the funds that can help your team play the best football and celtic this season have played the best football might not be the same standard as last season but injuries have affected the team badly this year

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

14. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    This would have been unthinkable last season, they've finally found a goal scorer and our goal scorers from last season have been injured for most of the season. James Forrest 2nd highest goal scorer on 17, the wee man has dug us out a hole this season.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. JamesM09

Nothing to do with comparing to last season mate. The performances have been poor for the squad we have. Injuries have played their part and so has the number of fixtures, but it’s still been too poor too often. I’m hoping Rogic and Roberts will make a difference until the end of the season.

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We have had no fluency nor consistency this season, injuries probably do play a part but these players play together everyday in training. sounding again like a broken down record to get to 27 games played and the best winning run is 3 matches in the league for Celtic irrespective of last season is unacceptable for me, celtic at least 2 times in the season should be putting together 8-10 game winning runs with the squad and resource we have. We have 6 crucial games to the spilt;

Aberdeen (a)
    Dundee (h)
    Sevco (a)
    Motherwell (a)
    Ross County (h)
    Hamilton (a)

Do you honestly see us winning all 6 of those games to the split, even with players coming back, for me last season you would have backed us to win all 6 convincingly without worry, also if we beat Zenit we have a EL game the thursday before sevco and thursday before motherwell, as much as i would like to go through tonight SPFL is bread and butter, time to focus on the league and Scottish Cup for me, probably only fan who wouldnt be bothered if we dont go through tonight.

bhoy81 likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I think a big factor is some teams also just getting better. Like Killie. Yeh we should still be beating them but expecting to go undefeated again is madness.

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dont think anyone expected that again not a chance was it going to happen. What is a concern is the lack of fluency in the SPFL Premiership for me, we have looked abject most of the season whilst still being top goal scorers and best defence but the lack of a run of wins is a concern for me.

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Going by history of the last two season they did so here's hoping

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

JamesM09 likes this.
  20. celtic warrior

We've gone further and pushed harder in Europe, league performances were never going to be as strong on the back of that.

Injuries have also played a massive part.

I look at last season in comparable way to when Leicester won the league, the players can obviously achieve that level hence why they achieved what they did. But to ask them to maintain that unnatural superhuman form without being Messi or Ronaldo just isn't possible because quite simply it really was unnatural.

StPauli1916 likes this.