1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Think The Club Should Deal With Leigh Griffiths?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Apr 6, 2014.

Discuss How Do You Think The Club Should Deal With Leigh Griffiths? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SpellCheck92

I don't think he should be either. I don't think he will.

2. Jinky.

Heard a few 'celtic fans' got sore faces for singing the skacel song last night.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Good to see Tims standing up for wee Rudy

[​IMG]

4. Dáibhí

Gordon Strachan showing us how the Leigh Griffiths situation should be dealt with...

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Ahh yes, racism and tax dodging. We are far too sensitive on these subjects.

Let's all go kick * out of some unemployed immigrants, that should right a few wrongs.

6. murphy88

"I used to go to Hibs games and sing silly songs too when I was a kid"

Kid being the key word in that sentence. Leigh Griffiths is not a kid, he is a grown man that should have known better.

7. Dáibhí

Er, aye.

You had your readybrek yet Daleer? :smiley-laughing002:

8. Green Socks

If all the world was like Gary Barlow it would be a better place.
    - Gordon Strachan 2014

That man never fails to entertain. :smiley-laughing002:

9. Roskopicachu

Strachan's a great laugh and he's spot on. The whole thing's been blown out of proportion. Truth is some people just didn't want Griffiths here in the first place. We'll see how the haters feel about that next season. He's on the verge of scoring a lot of goals for Celtic, he's been unlucky with offsides and things like that. But i reckon next season we'll see the best of him.

I just see a good footballer, but some people just want to keep this thing going on and on, when realistically it's been dealt with already. The chances of Celtic writing off a guy's contract when he just signed for £1million and has fitted in perfectly is stupid. There's a huge difference between singing a Hibs song in a Hibs pub, filled with Hibs supporters, than going up to someone in the street and being openly racist towards them.

10. murphy88

The majority of people that didn't want him here had got right behind him once he pulled on the strip, until he made a complete * out of not only himself, but also the club. He put his manager in a near impossible situation also. I cannot get behind this guy now, he has already overstepped the mark, and should be shown the door after the investigation is complete in my opinion. No amount of goals will change my mind on that, in fact, they shouldn't even enter into this debate.

Sadly, it looks like we are going to see the club sweep this under the carpet and hope it all blows over. Had this been a fringe player, then I think the club might have took a different approach.

I think you know there is more to this than it simply being a "Hibs song".

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  11. Dáibhí

I applaud your stance Murphy, but I believe that if he were to score the goal that takes us through to the Champions League it would be a different story for most of our supporters.

And your point on the difference in reaction from the club had it been a fringe player is spot on. Of course they'd have reacted differently. Griffiths though a million pound investment.

Celtic is a business at the end of the day, and businesses don't write off million pound investments and assets for moral and social reasons.

12. Lennon2011

We'll help The Griff become a good professional on and off the pitch and reap the benefits of his footballing talent.

Hopefully he keeps his head straight, Maybe Broony will mentor him.

13. Roskopicachu

The media want everyone to react in this way to throw the story out there and say well it's hypocritical for the club to say one thing and then an incident happens. It's intended for people to maybe read into it and demand action that they really don't have the power to do anything about. I don't think it's very clever from his point of view at all, but i also think people have swallowed the newspapers intended outcome hook, line and sinker. It goes a wee bit viral, the paper make money, the player gets shafted, all of his own doing really.

But i have confidence the club have dealt with it and he realizes he made a complete mug of himself. I also think teams in Scotland have a lot to fear that we have a player who can be a real goalscorer next year and Rangers fans aren't gonna like that, especially if he's the sort of guy who's gonna score against them for fun.

It's not like any kind of conspiracy bullshit, but it's intended to noise up Celtic fans and divide them somehow against a player who's good for 20-30 goals next season. He's hooked up really well with Stokes and Commons and works hard out on the pitch. Off the pitch well he'll have learnt his lesson the hard way and he'll have been told in no uncertain terms he's on a serious warning. If he doesn't learn from that then it'll get looked at again. If it was really bad, he'd be out on his ear. As it is he's got a second chance.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Has he still not been given a wage rise?

15. murphy88

There is nothing to swallow here from the media. In fact, this is about the only time that I have agreed with the Scottish media about a story regarding Celtic. I actually wish the media had gone to town. They spent longer on the broken bits of plastic at Fir Park, and some of our fans lapped it up, and then turned on a section of our support. Yet still none of the group that was ridiculed by many have been held accountable for the incident that night.

It's actually getting a bit embarrassing seeing some of the fans trying to blame the media for Griffths moronic behaviour. I've also seen some blame the people for filming him. The top and bottom is, Griffths was bang out of order, and the only person that is to blame for all of this, is Leigh Griffiths.

16. T.Rogne25

Forgot to mention a few weeks ago he was in my town for a meal with Garry O'Connor because O'Connor lives here now and he left him to go meet a girl in Haddington:56:.

17. Roskopicachu

You can go over it and over it again and again, but it doesn't change the fact he gets selected to play. So this would suggest it's old news. It's been dealt with we move on. People make mistakes they learn from them.

There's 1776 posts on this thread, so you're just regurgitating what about 80% of them have already stated. All it is is arguing amongst ourselves which is what the story basically set out to do.

18. murphy88

He hasn't learned from his mistakes though, has he. He has previously had to apologise on twitter for a racist slur, so he obviously hasn't learned his lesson. It's a big talking point, and will remain so throughout his time at Celtic I would imagine. Certainly until after the investigation is complete it will be. It's not been dealt with at all though has it. Simply sweeping it under the carpet isn't really dealing with the problem. Dealing with it, would have been suspending him until after the investigation was complete. That would have been dealing with it, and would have been the correct way to go about this in my opinion.

The story was not made to create arguing amongst the fans. It was headline news because a player at the biggest club in Scotland, decided to sing a racist song about an ex player. I'm tired of seeing fans try to blame this on the media, when it's not their fault that Griffiths behaved like a complete idiot. The media were only doing there job by writing this story. A lot of what the media in this country write is utter nonsense I will admit, but there can be no defence of this incident.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  19. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    im sticking by leigh griffiths he done * all wrong anybody thats moanin about this needs to stop going to church/chapel and get a life.too many people on the moral high ground.some right boring * on here with too much time on there hands and moaning about leigh griffiths.everycunt has done some sort of bad in life naecunts perfect.

the fact theres an invistagation,dirty pig coppers clutching at straws.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  20. Matt_20

:smiley-laughing002:

The two of you'd get on well judging by that eloquent testimony.