1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Horse tips

Discussion in 'Beat the Bookie' started by Smarty1888, Feb 12, 2012.

Discuss Horse tips in the Beat the Bookie area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

Asuncion 2:30 Musselburgh 4/1

2. JoeDan67

Justice Good in the 3.20 at Newmarket looks overpriced at 16-1. His form figures aren't up to much, but the same can be said the rest of the field.
    Not too confident of the win but 16s is a decent ew price.
    Also like the look of Coolmore in the 4.20

3. angusceltic67

Been advised to put a small bet on Coolnasillagh Lass in the 6.30 here at Sligo tonight.

Betfair still giving 16/1. to cover myself I also backed him for 3 places at 15/8 (betfair) only seven runners.

4. Rory75

Kerry icon - 5.10 Newcastle

5. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Any source or reasoning behind this?

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Im backing Erupt in the King George, with a saver on Wings of Desire.

My reasoning being the front 2 in the market are inflated Group 2 horses in my opinion, and Erupt has come into form (2nd last time out after being last in initial appearance)and could be ready to get back in the winners enclosure. He is definitely a Group 1 horse having been beaten only 4 lengths in the Arc, and less than 3 in the Japan Cup.

Of course that could easily be a lot of *! Horses have a habit of making a * of you.:smiley-laughing002:

£20 on the win, and £5 on Wings of Desire.

7. angusceltic67

Lawrence Taylor has tipped Jack Dexter @20/1 in the 3.55

Done a small EW bet (5 places)

Also waiting for Highland reel in the 4.30 for a double with Uninhibited, who won the 315 at GP.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I've had my eye on King Bolete ever since his last race.. Felt the jockey kept a bit up his sleeve. It goes again today at 3.45 in Goodwood. 8/1

9. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Qewy for me here 3.45

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Unlucky man. My one died 2 out

11. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Yeah another half furlong wouldve been nice lol.. yeah thought he was travelling well but just didnt get going come the business end

12. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Goodwood 3.10 franklin D 11/4

13. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Why? 5/2 now!!

14. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Hope you's were on

15. LoveTheTic88

Favourites day at Goodwood! 5 out of the 7 races, favourites won.

Not 1 was odds on either, all very respectable prices.

16. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Not unless i have good reason will i back a tip.

17. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Sorry I fell asleep, the info came from an interview with the trainer Michael bell. He said he should have won the race two races back, but improved in training and he was confident that he could have went straight to sandown for the 1mile eclipse and be difficult to beat.

He won the eclipse by 6 lengths and was in good heart going into today's race. Got a great draw with Ryan Moore on it's back.

18. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I've been doing quite well with my horse selections, I thought I'd share my lucky15 I picked out last night for today:

I will put in some info why because I felt guilty I didn't last time and mygirlmaria didn't bet the last tip.

Galway 2.45
    Sea light 13/8

I bet this at 2/1 last night. It raced in Galway on Wednesday, running in 2mile 5 furlong race.He finished like a train that day, and just failed to get up. Anyone watching that race that day will remember him eating up the ground coming from no were the last two furlongs. He was bet into 7/4 favourite that day like defeat was out of the question. The race before that was only over 2 mile, again he sat well back and finished strongly just failing to get up again. This was 2 different jockeys. Wednesdays jockey Davy Russell is back on again and I'm sure desperate to make amends.

Chester 3.15
    Eastern impact 4/6

I've bet this at 6/4 before your wondering. The horse has course and distance form, winning this race last year. He likes to front run, and I expect him to lead pillar to post today. He has had 2 runs this year, his last finishing just over 4 lengths behind limato in top group one race. Jack garrity is the jockey and his regular partner. His main market rival constantly change their jockey and on his last race finished behind Eastern impact in the group one race. Danzino is the name of that horse and he also had the advantage of an extra race this term but couldn't get ahead of Eastern impact. This horse is being heavily bet at the moment.

Market rasen 4.35
    Luccombe down 13/8

Paddy Brennan is the jockey on board, it has had one race this year winning a 2 mile 4 furlong race.this race is an extra 3 furlongs, but shouldn't be a problem considering how strongly he run on his reappearance and seen it out well. In that race he finished over 3 lengths ahead of kamool, who is his main market rival. There is no weight allowance here for kamool because he has had another race since and finished second. So he tackles luccombe down again with 3 extra pound than the selection. The only reason I think punters seem to be betting kamool is because it has Richard Johnson on his back, but luccombe down will come on for his first run and with paddy Brennan still on board I fancy him strongly to win this.

Galway 5pm
    Tarazani 13/8

This horse has only had 3 runs in his career. And only one of them was this season. In that race he finished third to the mighty impressive harzand. Ok it was 16 lengths behind harzand that day, but he made the running that day for his stable companion, and now has the services of harzand jockey that day pat smullen for assistance. The ground that day was soft, and watching it run you can tell he was hating the surface. Also need to bear in mind harzand is co favourite for the arc with minding so it's an all together different animal. The interesting yardstick in that race was sword fighter who finished second. He only finished half a length ahead of the selection that day, and that only happened close to the line after tarazani began it idle after being the pacesetter. Sword fighter has since went on to win a group two race. This horse was as high as 11/4 last night.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2016
  19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    :50:

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

7.45 Carlisle - Pivotman.

I've backed it at 7/2 w/o the fav because the fav has been heavily backed. Pivotman opened at 9/1 and has been backed into 6/1.

Backing it because I had a different horse backed in its last race and he caught my eye. Jockey never took the whip out and never tried to win the race as far as I can tell.