1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PARKHEAD67

Watching games from the league we play in you mean?? Yes, its nice to see what our opponents are like. Wouldnt you agree?

2. Bonobhoy

This thread was created for ALL SPFL mistakes,Celtic,hearts,sevco,dundee.....The first page stated this....regardless that it sevco or not, its a mistake that does effect all other teams in the SPFL.

Craig Thompson Decision was a mistake and can be talked about,and it does concern every team in the league.

Stop acting like hard men doorman and telling people where to post....If you dont like it then you have a choice not to read it ffs.

Haven't seen the tackle yet but its all over the media and many complaints getting made...be interesting to see how this one pans out now after the walker incident all week

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I find it bizzare that there is a whole thread dedicated to the Huns here to be fair...

Celtic chat....don't you dare mention anyone but Celtic...don't you dare...don't you dare lol

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If they were a serious threat, I would. I used to keep an eye on the Rangers result; but with Sevco I don't even know who they're playing today. :smiley-laughing002:

Maybe next year they'll be a threat and I might take an interest.

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Honest mistakes don't just effect us. Sure that's 2 points they shouldnt have. They 2 points may be the difference between hearts or Aberdeen etc having European football and not. It's a disgrace.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe there should be 2 "honest mistakes" threads: one in here for Celtic and one in the Scottish football section of the forum for other SPFL games. Would that not be a reasonable compromise?

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Scandalous. Arguably 1 or 2 were straight reds in there own right..

8. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, Dundee could of earned themselves a point, a point that could keep them up or whatever.

Should just be a general 'Refereeing' thread in Scotish Football to talk about contentious decisions and the sad state of affairs that is Scottish refereeing.

Didn't see all of the hun game but did see the boys final foul. Brutally bad challenge that was verging on a red, never mind a yellow.

9. wulliebad

More hun * infecting the site.....i dont understand this love for anything hun....i really dont.

10. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I hope we get 5 terrible decisions against us in every (domestic) match. Cos we'll still win the league with ease and it will just be even funnier, like vs Hearts when we get cheated yet still turn it round and rub their gutted noses in it.

If they give 6 pens against us in a game, it's just up to us to score 7.

11. Heb Celt

Apparently Craig Thomspon was giving Warburton the nod to take the player off before he sent him off.Not sure how true that is.Im sure there'll be vids of it out soon.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Bit gutted this thread has stalled two weeks now.

Think we have a catalogue of stuff lately.

Griffiths booked for 'simulation' then garner not even spoken to for his antics.
    Blatant hand balls etc.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

13. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Folk were moaning the last time about mentioning games Celtic weren't involved in even though it affects us. Rather than talk about the incidents it turned into a debate on what constitutes Celtic chat, so no point really. The OP had a good idea but it fizzled out. Maybe restart / move it to the Scottish Football section of the forum. I think it definitely warrants discussion as it will be an interesting study at the end of the season to see if it "evens itself out over the course of a season".

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Griffiths was rightly booked tbf. Although Garner should have been also. Rangers also had a couple of pens denied the other night. Also one not given against them tho tbf.

I don't think there has been anything particularly concerning

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
  15. Dr. Frasier Crane

The highlights definitely look like that Aberdeen player blocked Sinclair's shot with his arms but the quality wasn't great on my phone so couldn't be completely sure.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's what I took it as, all of the top flights honest mistakes. Perhaps being in celtic chat was too much for some folk. But the original post and point is solid. We should start to catalogue these things, more so any thing that directly hinders us( or even hearts and aberdeen now) and helps a certain club from ibrox.

All we will get all season from the media and then is "paranoid Timmy" so would be nice to have a catalogue of things to fall back on.

Anyone care to move the thread to keep the peace? And would the anyone/op be up for keeping the first post streamlined and updated with a weekly/match bullet points of the honest mistakes?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

17. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The fans should not have to make a catalogue of these mistakes for several reasons.

1. They should not be hapening

2. The Club should be the ones keeping a video record of this

3. All clubs in Scotland should have the right to sit down with the official involved and have him explain his decision.

Mistakes will happen, What needs to change is the officials getting a free pass on having to explain or justify their decisions. And this should be as son as possible after the match, say within 48 hours.

18. Bonobhoy

Yeah sevco should have had a penalty but should also have had a player booked for diving..

Miller last week should have been booked for celebration...although I don't believe any player should..

Don't tell me griffs got booked for holding that wee boys t shirt up ?

Don't worry I'm pretty sure this thread will be in full flow on the 10 Sept

19. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    7 pages as of today....fully expect it to hit 50 odd by 2pm saturday.

20. celtic warrior

Honest mistakes Over/Under

I'll offer Over 6.5 in our game @ 1/100000000000000 any takers?