1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    How many fouls did that Krnacjar * get away with yesterday ? That offside against Forrest when he was about 5 yards onside. The embarrassing dives from that smelly looking * Garner.

Why was Lustig not sent off as well :bbpd:

Need to stop overlooking all this * when we win. Easily win.

2. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    That was one of the better referee'd games I've seen in awhile. No complaints on either side for me. We give stick to the officials quite often, and for good reason. Thought Willie Collum was excellent yesterday.

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I really don't. I thought he was horrendous. How they got so few yellows with their tactics amazes me and the fact that Lustig didn't get a yellow in that first half (which he definitely should have), while it maybe argues against him being biased, just adds to the incompetent decisions he made.

Maybe biased, maybe not; he's that incompetent that I can't actually tell.

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    One of the most blatant ones yesterday was when Armstrong was tackled the ball went out for a corner and he gave a goal kick when everyone could see it was a corner.

5. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    I think he was trying to maintain leniency regarding handing out cards. Definitely a few questionable fouls but overall I think he did really well when it came to balancing out punishment.

Think Kranjcar would've been off if he had committed any of his 3-4 fouls after his yellow card in the second half. Again, I think he's trying to manage the game as to not have to dole out cards upon cards in the second half. I think if Roberts got yellow for whatever he did (tugging McKay's shirt? Honestly had no idea what he got booked for), then Lustig probably should've been shown yellow later for his half challenge on McKay. I don't necessarily believe it was a foul by Lustig but that late in the game with the advantage we had, I dont think Lustig really needed to stand his ground in that situation as much as he could've just moved aside.

Other than that I thought it was a pretty well called game.

*Drink everytime I said "I think" in this post :87:

6. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    True, that was a pretty shocking decision. I assumed he went to the linesman on that one, even then it looked clear as day.

7. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    we all know that these honest mistakes will not balance out over the season and Celtic dont get them when they matter..

much easier task for the season is to compile video clips of that cheating * Sevco just signed. Garner is out to con refs at every opportunity and tries to get players booked or worse.

get it posted to the refs association so they cant say they don't know what he is like.

Hope some big teuchter goes right through him when he tries his *'g nonsense

8. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Should've done more about Garner's antics imo, threw himself to the floor over nothing with Lustig then claimed he was elbowed, then went in on Erik, squared up to him and claimed a stamp. Refs shouldn't be tolerating trying to get opposition players sent off, particularly by cheating to do it. He's going to end up doing a Lafferty by the looks of him.

9. Bunk Moreland

Let's not forget Garner was offside when the cross came in. Flag shoukld have been straight up

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It is cheating and your reference to LaughAtMe is very accurate.

he was at the same * in his debut game at Killie. Scots fans will see through him very quickly, Huns wont as they support Engurland and unfortunately it seems the refs will ignore it as he plays for the most successful team in the Universe

In just 2 games he's been involved in at least 5 incidents that were thought worthy of highlighting with replays and pundit talking points... not including Bitton kicking him in the head ( :50:)

next up for him is Ross County, who normally play a pretty solid. Can't think of any County player who is a dirty player or hatchet man so will be interesting to see if they suddenly become off the ball thugs

11. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He wasn't. He was behind the ball.

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He was onside on my stream :56: was lustig? Not trying to defend miller, who was further advanced than garner at the time meaning he was onside.

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I think the ref was fine.

14. Dr. Frasier Crane

I think he means the cross not the header across goal.

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Considering he was nowhere near the cross. I dint think the offside applies. No complaints about their goal

16. Dr. Frasier Crane

Well he dragged two defenders away which obviously contributed to Miller being left totally unmarked at the back. I've not actually seen it myself properly but if he was offeide when the ball was played in it has to be offside as he's obviously active in the passage of play.

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Nah not buying it. He wasn't interfering

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18. Dr. Frasier Crane

How could he not be interfering? :56::56: i honestly don't know if he was even in an offside position but if he was then he was active.

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Because the ball was nowhere near him? When a ball is crossed in do you expect an offside to be given for any player that's offside, even if they're nowhere near the ball?

It's not how it works

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The ball was going the opposite way from him so don't see how it could be offside?

Anyone got a youtube video?