1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Saying that people are deluded is one thing, but lumping us in with the huns is quite another.
    Let's face it, it's probably only the huns and Celtic/Catholic haters that are gonna' say 'there is no cheating' going on.

I'm not saying that VAR, is thee answer, but I think it would go a long way to making the game fairer.
    There's no doubt that on Saturday against Hibs, we would've got a pen and should've had two and of course that can go both ways in other games. Granted, there is gonna' be times when "more of an honest" is made but...

If we just resign ourselves to the idea, that they cheat and don't try and do anything about it, we deserve
    everything we get(or don't get).

Anyways, all i'm saying is, that something needs to change and if VAR is that change for the better, then so be it.
    Re. Dallas... I whole * heartedly agree on all of that.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The original point i made was that it was a bad two points to drop, which is correct.
    Drawing has a direct bearing on our points which is fact.
    Your opinion is totally based on your conviction that we will not have more games like this and that our nearest rivals will drop more points, which is both uncertain and remains to be seen.

ladbroke8 and paulie67 like this.
  3. StevieBhoooy!

The only ‘lumping in’ ive done in connecting us to the Huns is the decades of evidence that they are the SFA s pet club and that the bias is 2-way. Celtic get negative decisions ... while Huns get favourable ones. Double edged.

As far as accepting our ‘position’.... you’ve clearly not read my previous posts on the matter.

I think the SFA will actually resist VAR with the same vigour they have towards referees declaring club allegiance.

Would you really want the same people running an in-match jury to decide on critical match incidents?
    So for me no... as far as Scotland goes... I don’t think VAR would be an improvement... not until there’s more fundamental changes to the organisation that would be administering it.

Glad you agree on the bigot ref. at least ...

But that should be taken an indicator of exactly the philosophy at work within the SFA.. then and now.

paulie67 likes this.
  4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Naw. It's not. It is totally based on my conviction we will have more games like this. So what is your conviction about how bad dropping points about Hibs based on then ?

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    You think it’s uncertain that Rangers won’t win every game between now and the end of the season?

6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    AFTER receiving criticism of his performance during Hibernian's fixture with Celtic last week, referee Kevin Clancy has not been awarded a game this weekend.
    Both Neil Lennon and Paul Heckingbottom were unhappy with the standard of the officiating at Easter Road last Saturday and the two coaches believed that Clancy got a number of key decisions wrong.
    The Celtic manager was unhappy that his side were not awarded a penalty on two seperate occasions after Ryan Christie and Moritz Bauer went down in the box following challenges from the Hibs defenders.

Heckingbottom, meanwhile, was displeased after the referee did not clearly communicate to his players that he had awarded Celtic a free-kick from which they scored the only goal of the game. Additionally, the Hibs manager was unhappy when Bauer slipped in the box leaving the home side with a great opportunity to score, only for Clancy to award a free-kick to Celtic.
    This weekend, Clancy will not take charge of any SPFL game, nor appear as a linesman or fourth official.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17 ... -fixtures/

Clancy took out the firing line , but only goal of the game ??

7. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Saying "we are as deluded as those who think there is no evidence of bias In the first place..."
    I did read what you said and yeah, I just took that as...
    Anyhoo, np's. :celt_2:
    I agree that something fundamentally needs to happen, but we all know that that will probably never happen.

Re. Hun officials sitting making decisions about VAR...
    How can that be any worse than what we have at present, "he just made an honest mistake", until the next and the next etc. etc.
    With no VAR, there is no way to put these decisions right at the time it matters.

No doubt that the huns, masons and bigots will do all they can to stop VAR coming to our game, period.
    But that kinda' justifies my point/stance in that, VAR could be a way to seeing a fairer game.

8. StevieBhoooy!

Ahh ok....

the ‘deluded’ comment was in reference to Celtic supporters who deny any bias...

They are out there !

paulie67 likes this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its based on fact, that hibs are second bottom of the league and have won only 1 game and have lost 4. They have also been performing terribly this season.

If you had ever played football, and ur team was top of the league and playing a struggling oppositio , you would know that in a game that you had over 7 times the amount of shots on goal as the opponent, irrespective of the penalty claims, and still managed to draw the match, it would feel more like a defeat than a well earned point.
    Im done debating this now.

10. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Oh, np's buddy. :50:

I honestly didn't know that there was some of our support who thought/thinks this.
    How the * can they deny that this hasn't been happening throughout time. :rolleyes:

The olde... "ANYONE BUT CELTIC".!!

11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They are second bottom now. However they won't finish 2nd bottom and have only lost 1 home game. Just another example of * on here latching onto short term form and completley overestimating it's relevance. Last season folk went way over the top praising Heckingbottom for Hibs short term form. Now they are going too far the other way as normal the truth is somewhere in between.

packybhoy and Gabriel like this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its extremely relevant as their current form reflects their league position. You are completely basing your points on conjecture and speculation as to how they might finish.

I do agree with the hype of last season, but quite evidently their summer recruitment was not good enough. Part of me kind of feels like its justice for the way they turned on Lennon who had done so well with them and then had the core of his squad taken from him.
    Also Boyle’s decision to play for Oz was killer for them.

13. joemc

It's strange how most hun supporters dont want var while most of us do ,if it shows decisions that are wrong and they can be corrected .

Easter Rd Davie and paulie67 like this.
  14. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not really that strange, but I know what you mean. :p :celt_2:

Yeah, why would any organisation want to introduce something that makes the game fairer, but also cleans up the game
    in many other ways...
    ie. straight leg, dangerous, potentially career ending tackles.

There's a reason why 'rugby' and 'aussie rules football' fans go away from their games, feeling not angry but frustrated.
    It's because these decisions are shown to the crowd on the big screen so there can be no doubt.
    As i said, these fans go away sometimes frustrated by the end result, but they certainly do not go away angry, feeling they were cheated.

Sure VAR isn't perfect and far from it, but i want it so bad.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I'd be amazed if they didn't on some occasions.

16. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah of course, i'd be amazed myself. :celt_2:

Surely getting the 99th percentile of game changing decisions right is what it's about(talking here of OS goals, second yellows and straight reds).
    That's why in these sports mentioned, it's basicly left on the field and people go away, maybe frustrated, but happier in general.
    SBT... sometimes if you're not lucky, you're not lucky.

17. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Is it the ref who has the final say whether he wants to call on the VAR or not.....??

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    VAR say to the ref “var review required” in his ear piece they then review. The final decision is down to the referee though

paulie67 likes this.
  19. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So even if we have VAR it will mean * all in the Scottish game as the ref has the final word

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye, but...

If the ref 'genuinely' didn't see or called something wrong, then it is at least brought to his attention, whereby he gets
    the chance to redeem himself.

Whereas right now we have the... "he just made an honest mistake" bullshit.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Tim-Time 1888 likes this.