Hibernian...

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by CELTIC11, Jul 29, 2012.

Discuss Hibernian... in the Scottish Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CELTIC11

Fav Celtic Player:
    Liam Miller/Hartson
    Just checked their last two finishes in the SPL...10th and recently 11th last season!

I was looking at the odds of teams to finish in the bottom 6 and for some reason the bookies put Hibernian as 6th favourites at 4/9! It seems odd for some reason that Inverness, St Mirren and Kilmarnock are ahead of Hibernian in terms of finishing in the bottom 6! Now unless those 3 teams have lost some important players or Hibernian suddenly produce a miracle and finish 6th or higher, is there something I'm missing?! :87:

Now forgive me for asking your opinion on this, but I'm a Blue and White hoops fan (which is why I like Celtic...plus green is my favorite colour! :86:) and I'm assuming that you know more about the SPL than myself! Therefore I would really appreciate your opinion and tell me 'yes, go for it..Hibernian will finish in the bottom 6 next season for this reason' or 'no, they wont for this reason etc'

Thanks!

P.S....I hope you smash the league next season with a record amount of points! :D Oh, and is there any chance that you might let us buy James Forrest from you?! I'm a big fan;think he would do a great job in the Premiership! :D

2. Sean Daleer Celtic Glasgow Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Hibs are an enigma mate, they will probably finish in the top 6 (going by their end of season form) but I wouldn't put money on it.

You can try and buy wee Jimmy Shooders but you would be wasting your time :celt_2:

By the way, congrats on being the only club I will ever call The Rangers :icon_mrgreen:

3. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hibs are terrible they will finish bottom 6 imo.

You cant have James Forrest but you can have Daryl Murphy if you want :50:

4. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hibs were terrible last season and I can't see them improving this year, they'll finish bottom 6 again imo

And no you can't have Forrest unless you're willing to splash the cash big time :bbpd:

5. Celticbhoy111

Hibs had an abundance of talent years ago.. Whitaker, Riordan, Caldwell, O'Connor , Brown, Thompson etc etc. And when they sold them all for good money instead of investing it back on there team or youth coaching or whatever. They build the first team a training facility and a new * stand which has never been full. Its a shame, They've been poorly run from board room level.

6. Markybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roamin in the Gloamin
    I think there's a strong possibility of Hibernian finishing in the bottom 6 this season. Pat Fenlon has been Hibs manager for 8 months now and he doesn't seem to have made much progress in that time. Hibs were dire when Fenlon took over in November last year and they were still dire when the season came to an end.

As things stand, I'd say Celtic, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Motherwell and Aberdeen look good bets to finish in the top 6 this season. That would only leave 1 spot up for grabs. I'm not convinced it will be Hibernian that claim it.

7. Frank Timatra Banned!

BUY KI NOW PLEASE NOW PLEASE NOW PLEASE NOW :86:

8. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Hibs were absolutely rank last year, worse than awful. They used to be one of the best teams in the league a few years back but have fallen away big time cause they arent producing players anymore.

If they had kept some of the players they produced (Brown, Thomson, Whittaker etc) they'd have a really good SPL team.

9. Celtic Bhoy 94

I was expecting big things from them when they signed Stokes and Miller but they didnt stay for too long:56:

10. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Yeah, shame for them really, any good player they get is stolen by us or the club formerly known as Rangers.

Forgot about them. If you took players who played for Hibs while quite young you'd make a really good team.

11. Celtic abu Banned!

* Hibs :50:

But anyway, if Fenlon had the resources he would be more than capable of putting together a side that would fill the space that other inbred, freakshow, * of a team used to illegally occupy

12. Sween

To my knowledge Pat Fenlon is the only thing that has changed at Hibs since the start of last season. And he didnt really improve them last season. I thought they were a disgrace against Hearts in the cup final - considering it was the biggest game in their history they just looked deflated from the start.

So yeah, I would expect them to finish in the bottom 6. I see no reason to suggest otherwise.

13. honda

Relegated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

14. KevvyBhoy

IMO Hibs will have a better season this year. Probably still bottom 6 but not sure they'll be staving off relegation.

I actually believe they have some pretty good players and certainly had pretty good players the last few years (O'Connor, McPake, Sproule, Stack to name a few). The problem is, most of them didn't seem interested for the majority of the season - the team has never really gelled either and look totally bereft of confidence. They've also had numerous loanees, and a truly ridiculous number of managers since John Collins walked years ago. Ironically though, I think a large part of the odds is down to them having a new manager - can be difficult to predict how they'll do even with half a season under his belt but he has time to rebuild.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Liam Fontaine signed a new 2 year contract with them :50: now that Fojut left Dundee Utd id probably say that him and Ozturk are the two best centre-halves out all the diddy teams, not bad they kept him.

16. Jozo The Provo Banned!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    * hibs hope they stay down

17. daveybhoy1

Why? I don't mind them.

18. Pacific Ocean Blue Gold Member Gold Member

Hate how some Celtic fan's have a soft spot for Hibs, they're an embarassment

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Biggest bottle merchants in the country, oh and haven't won a Scottish Cup since the Boer War :smiley-laughing002:

20. Jozo The Provo Banned!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Tried to get Celtic thrown out of the league over flying the Tricolour sell out soup taking *