1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hibernian v Celtic - Sunday 21/04/2019 - 12:30 Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Apr 14, 2019.

Discuss Hibernian v Celtic - Sunday 21/04/2019 - 12:30 Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Could of and shouldve won that game just couldnt put the ball in the net . Cant play Brown and Ntcham in the same team it hasnt worked all season when they have played together . Just going to take a bit longer to win it thats all

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's a young kid, mate. Remember, this isn't an Ajer who was playing professional football at 16 (or whatever it was) and then had a full loan season before reaching our first team. These kids that come from clubs like PSG and Man City are so raw, because they don't get first team game time. This is really his first season as a main striker and you can see him developing.

3. Aidan O’Shea

This.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Named after an ex Hun anaw

5. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Another flat performance. Hope we dont see ntcham start again this season hes just so completely off form and looks a bit disinterested since last summer. Should definitely have had weah on 20 minutes earlier as well.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I thought Hibs were surprisingly decent TBH. I know the result is disappointing and I don't mean to annoy anyone, but I actually enjoyed that game. I wish more SPL teams played like that. Obviously the diddy clubs don't have the players for it and are entitled to park the bus; but Hearts and Aberdeen should look at that Hibs side and feel embarrassed IMO.

Only Izzy and Ntcham disappointed me and Izzy was a forced move and Ntcham will come good. Even Rogic is still not match sharp.

I saw some encouraging signs from us. Genuinely.

Rydo1888*, Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's bizarre. I mean you wouldn't talk about John Barnes that way, let alone Neil Lennon.

8. Mr Diggler

Izzy is finished and has been for a while. Maybe at home against Dundee or something he can do a job but overall he is not good enough. Bottom line for me is this season we have been very average a lot of the time. Under Rodgers we were slow and ponderous. That hasn't changed. Lennon's remit was to get us over the line. Look at it like this- Lennon won away to Hearts. If we had lost that game Sevco were 5 points behind. If Sevco beat us at Parkhead that could have been 2. Instead we have won important games under Lennon and the league is over with 4 games to go barring a complete breakdown. We had Hibs away in the cup and Aberdeen were a tough proposition last week. We cane through them and are one game from treble treble. And still people are unhappy with Lennon. He has come in with a remit and is one game away from completing it unbeaten under his tenure(if we avoid defeat in the league to of course).

9. joemc

Coulda lost this ,didnt and no to disappointed only thing i would say is that I feel ntcham was being played for selling asap rather than tactics .

10. joemc

Exactly , well put into perspective.

11. ddub11

Even taking injury time into account i think he didnt give weah a chance to make an impression today,i mean it was clear after an hour we struggling to break them down and lenny waits till the last 5 minutes to bring him on.

12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

We need to take the Green tinted specs off at times, me included sometimes. That performance today was on a par with most of our away games this season. If the Huns were more consistent then the League would be a lot tighter, they are not much better than last season, if a little improvement. They have failed miserably to capitalise on us .Teams have known how to play against us for a while. If anything the Rat brought to this league is for teams to be more tactically aware.
    But we have lost a cutting edge at times and only show up when games are important, the Semi-Final for example, this game against Hibs was important but not the league decider as such. To blame Lenny entirely for the result is unfair to say the least. We have looked jaded for most part of the season, players have been at it non stop for 3 seasons, just look at the injury KT has. The players need a break and a freshen up of the squad. As said, Lenny has one remit, get us over the line for a Treble Treble. He is relying on seasoned players to do that rather than the loanees. Do I think Lenny is the man for next season? It depends if you want sexy football or somebody that is ready for a battle, because that what next season will be, a battle. Huns and diet Huns alike will do anything to stop us. Todays performance and result is disappointing however its not going to stop us winning the League, if anybody on here thinks otherwise then you are definitely in the wrong forum . Hail Hail

13. DonnyCelt

The only team to stop us winning the league this season could be US. Having said that I have calmed down after my initial rant a bit ago. I don't personally think Lennon is the man to take us forward and I honestly would see his appointment as a step backwards. The team needs freshening up in the summer and whoever's gets the job needs the money to build a squad capable of winning the 10. Happy Easter everyone

buchanbhoy and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hunnish comment :38:

You're better than that Mr :nonono:

packybhoy and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  16. Aidan O’Shea

McGuire was an easy catch, but I thought you’d see through the wind up attempt :(

Marie likes this.
  17. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I know it was a wind up .....those of us who know you well will know that also but others won't, so it's trolling...it's no nice :40:

Easter Sunday as well......the shame of it!:s:

bagforlife and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  18. Aidan O’Shea

Haven’t even had an Easter egg so I’m rattled - too hot!

bagforlife likes this.
  19. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

Don't know if it goes together but a cold beer and some chocolate is needed....get onto it :50:( hopefully you're not working)

Anyway....no trolling or @packybhoy will get the ban hammer oot!

kramer1, packybhoy and bagforlife like this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Easy catch..

Popcorn teeth straight after we drop points..

Sums you up ya banger..

KRS-1888 and Free the Adblock like this.