1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, first trip to Celtic Park....

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Parkhead Virgin, Feb 14, 2019.

Discuss Hi, first trip to Celtic Park.... in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Parkhead Virgin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hi,
    Coming over from Ireland with 3 friends for Livingston on 6th April.
    None of us have been before. We are sittind behind goal in Jock Stein stand. Any advice for the day?
    We are flying home early the following morning.

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Welcome :50:

What time do you get to Glasgow ?

Any specific questions you would like answered ?

I was going to point you towards the Supporters info section but I see you have already found it. Plenty of time til you come over so any specific questions between now and April I am sure if you put them in there someone will help you.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don't know if you're too old for this, but if you hang around outside the stadium after the game, you might get to meet a few of the players coming out.

If you're staying in the city centre, a walk along the Gallowgate for all the Celtic pubs, a couple of hours before the game, is a good shout.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Parkhead Virgin

Thought I was on tinder

Keano88 likes this.
  5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t get too steaming, you’ll ruin the experience

Oh, and visit the superstore and buy any and all Johnny Mac and the Faithful LPs, you will not...be disappointed

Raoul Duke and Callum McGregor like this.
  6. NA CEILTIGH

I’m over in Glasgow that weekend also for a wedding and then the game on the Saturday. If you r over on the Friday night my mates band are playing in malones -Rising of the Moon. A good rebel band from Armagh/Belfast. Make sure you go to galogate befire or after the game for a few drinks and if you want rebel music that night head to malones, st Vincent’s or any of the other Celtic/ Irish bars. I’m sure you will have A great time

7. dowdalshillcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Head down the Gallowgate before the game good an early, dont get too full as you will start getting hungover during the game. Visit the superstore at the ground.

8. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    As the guys have said don’t overdo the juice as you want to savour the whole experience as it will blow you away and just enjoy the day buddy .

Keano88 likes this.
  9. Parkhead Virgin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Thanks for your responses. We are all in our thirties so we wont be hanging around for the players! We are flying in early Saturday and home early Sunday morning so we will have to cut the night short at about 12. Is the Gallowgate area central in Glasgow? Are there any dress codes in pubs etc. Its a pity i will miss out on the band on the friday.

10. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The gallowgate is just east of the city centre, specifically the trongate area. You can walk from there to Celtic park in 20 minutes or so, the Jock Stein stand is that end of the ground as well which is easier for you. It's a straight walk and you can just follow the crowd.

In terms of pub dress code, you should be fine in any Irish/Celtic pub with colours on (although my two mates were asked to hide their scarves on a Saturday night in Malones after a game a couple of months ago). Most other pubs you'll struggle to get in with colours so if you're planning to go elsewhere make sure to ditch scarves, change clothes etc.