1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Henry Onyekuru

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by syntax, Jan 21, 2017.

Discuss Henry Onyekuru in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    If Eupen ARE indeed looking 6M they can sing for it. No one is going to pay that for this kid. If we're honest he's a highly rated talent but has achieved the square root of * all so far in his very short career.

That being said, NO sources attributed to this story. I would give Eupen no more than 3M, and thats being very generous.

Also wasnt his reason for coming to us to facilitate a work permit for the EPL later on? If he wants to ride the bench down in the EPL or in spain or Germany good luck to the kid.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Although I still think he will sign, this was my worry back in January.

If we didn't sign him then which eventually turned out to be the case, if he went on and continued his form in the second half of the season, more and more clubs would become interested.

Just need to hope he sees us as the ideal step for his progression as a player.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was always gonna happen, and his club hoped it would..

Missed the boat in my opinion..

4. Moustache

I'm still hopeful we can pull something off in the Summer, but it sounds like we're going to have some competition. You'd imagine our best bet would be to get a bid fired in as soon as the window opens and hope that Onyekuru pushes for the move himself.

It's shame we couldn't get the deal done in January, but I definitely don't blame our board for that;
    Eupen sound like a real headache to deal with.

5. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    He's no more proven than Eboue. £3.5m is the highest we will go. We will have plenty of other options before the next window as well

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's a bit more proven to be fair.

Eboue only has around 8 senior league appearances.

This guy has had 2 years I'm Belgium and is tearing the league a new one with a poor side.

Plus, attackers tend to go for more. As we will eventually see with Dembele.

7. jverbeken

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail,hail,...
    Belgian newspaper HLN today : he'll be available for 7M euros and the teams who're keeping an eye on him : Celtic, RB Leipzig, Arsenal, Chelsea, Lille, Nice, Dortmund, Monnchengladbach and Seville. Belgian teams Anderlecht and Bruges also seem to be interested.

8. Momo Sylla

Newcastle paid £10m for Dwight Gayle. I'm sure someone in England will happily pay it.

9. JamesM09

I think it will be one of those scenarios where the EPL scouts will advise he goes to Celtic with an expectation that if he continues developing he'll get the customary £10m - £15m move to an EPL club.

Haven't a few people hinted that this is the informal arrangement we conduct with the likes of Southampton? I reckon that's why Sevco want that DOF in.. they want to replace us as the go to club for these things.

10. celtic warrior

They need the facilities and money to get near the player turnover we have, they could get a dof in fine. But if all they can afford is frees and burnt out players they will get nowhere.

11. JamesM09

And crucially, they need European football, particularly Champions League.

12. DembelesDa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * rangers

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Doesn't sound good.

Just need to wait and see what happens come the summer.

14. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    cant see him going to arsenal or chelsea.even dortmund and sevilla have plenty good wingers.if he does end up going to one of the bigger clubs,then a loan wouldnt be out of the question.but would really prefer it if we signed him.

15. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    like dortmund have gotze,schurrle,reus,kagawa,pulisic,emre..and just signed a young danish winger named jacob larsen.just dont see where he fits in there.

christian pulisic and emre mor are like best young prospect wingers in europe.cat see them buying another prospect there

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Hopefully haven't missed out on this one, will be down their * club if we have since the lad wanted the move.

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Celtic target Henry Onyekuru admits Hoops interest as he gets ready to move on in summer
    Celtic came close to landing Onyekuruin January, but his club refused to sell, and now he has said he will leave Eupen in the summer.
    • Brendan Rodgers' side have made an enquiry for him.

And the Nigerian hitman has confirmed he will definitely leave his Belgian club this summer.

The 19-year-old Eupen striker has netted 15 goals this season for his club, including three in his last two games.

ADVERTISING
      inRead invented by Teads

[​IMG]
      Celtic face competition in race for Henry Onyekuru's signature (Photo: Belga/PA Images)

[​IMG]
      Celtic have had a bid for Onyekuru rejected already (Photo: Belga/PA Images)
      Celtic came close to landing him in January, but his club refused to sell, which prompted Onyekuru to go AWOL from his club for a few days after.

Now he has has opened up about his future plans for the first time and will name his next club after the Belgian play-offs have finished.

Celtic target Henry Onyekuru confirms he will leave Eupen this summer but bodyswerves talk of Hoops switch
    He said: "After the play-off, I will announce my decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
    "I have made my decision to leave. I have already agreed with Eupen that I am joining my new club after this season.

[​IMG]
    Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has his eye on new signings
    "I want to take the next step and play abroad. My ultimate aim is to one day play in the Premier League.

Celtic sweat on Henry Onyekuru as Sevilla join race for Nigerian striker
    "There have been many enquiries for me. From clubs in Scotland, England and Germany.

"I am negotiations right now with clubs.

"I believe I have had my best season, but I want to leave Eupen on a high and I would love to get as far up the table as possible before I leave.

"But it's really been my first season in a major league and I know I still have a lot to learn."

I would suggest that the last sentence will help us. Seems to have the patient approach to his career much like Moussa Dembele. Knows that game time
    Is more important than anything. Really hope this is happens.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  18. The Greenman King of kings

Really hope we get him looks a cracking talent

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Be like having Sinclair on the other side hopefully we get him

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

ChrisMoh likes this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Dembele up front be unstoppable especially if we get that playmaker in the middle with rotation with rogic and Armstrong using eboue at times to cover defence away from home against better teams. Can see broony taking a deeper role next season and Bitton sold to fund transfers

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk