1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Henry Onyekuru

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by syntax, Jan 21, 2017.

Discuss Henry Onyekuru in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

The Nigerian payet, going awol and in a huff :56::56:

2. sarcasmotron

This is the type of players we should avoid at all costs. I know he's still young, but that's no excuse to pull * like that.

3. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

See, I think as long as we're clear with a player - we wouldn't have the same problem.

From the outside looking in, it seems clear that we'd said to both Wanyama and Van Dijk that we'd help them get their move if X, Y & Z happened. The fact we've got a track record of improving players and shifting them to the Premier League probably goes in our favour nowadays.

It's all about how you manage the player, and I think Rodgers has already proven himself to be pretty adept at that.

freederry20 likes this.
  4. celtic warrior

The lad is getting a bad rap, unfairly I would say, this is young man who's employer is telling him where he can and can't go which is bullshit if true. No club should have any right to dictate where you should move to in way that they have tried with this lad.

Like I mentioned earlier, even if he didn't go AWOL and just flat out refused to go, that club give me no reason to believe otherwise that he would still be in the position he is now regardless.

5. freitassen

He certainly would earn more and play in a better team at CSKA. Don't seem to be this is the motivation.

There are several reasons for a nigerian promising footballer not wanting to play in Russia, mostly the likelihood that he is quite prone to racist abuse.

6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Are CSKA a better team? They may play in a more competitive league but I feel we could beat them.

7. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I don't like the sound of him if I'm being honest.

8. CrSBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    This is how I see it. Although there are many African and Southern Americans playing in Russia I can't imagine it being one of the nicest places to go to.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Is it really that bad though? or do we just get told it is.

I mind when we were signing Eboue I looked on his Instagram and somehow, I think the woman commented on one of his pictures clicked on her and she lived in the same building as him, she had a lot of photos with him and her kids with him and tops he had given the kids and stuff. And a photo of Eboue out in the street high fiving local kids etc(was literally about 30 of them). All white kids, the way you hear about Russia it's as if it's very racist and black people should be worried there but looked in those photos like anywhere else.

Be interesting to see if it is actually bad there or we are just led to believe it is and for all we know in Russia they may make out England is very racist and act like everyone in England was like those BNP/EDL English types.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

What are you rabbling on about:giggle1:

Naecunt is saying that black players are being lynched by ever second person on the street. But there's clearly a very racist element in the support over there.

freederry20 and Mr Shelby like this.
  11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I know, but is it actually? I don't know their culture at all really and just wondering are they actually as racist as made out to be.

Just remembered when I seen those pictures with Eboue out playing with Russian kids that it's not what I imagined. From TV and whatever you are led to believe Russia is very hostile and racist. Not the kind of place you'd imagine dozens of kids would be out playing with a black guy in the street, i'd have thought the way it was made out that their parents would have been saying not to go near him etc

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That's what I mean though. Russia clearly has a racism problem in the country, but it doesn't mean everyone in the country is racist. Kids are probably out playing with him because he's a footballer and they know him from TV and maybe even support the team he played for. I don't know the stats but I'm sure black people can go out and about and not be hassled or racially abused the vast majority of the time, but there's still an underlying problem.

It's more to do with the football fans, ultras in particular I'd imagine.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Russia is * massive mate.

Just because one black guy who happened to be a footballer was out giving some weans a high five doesn't mean there is not a significant racism problem. :56:

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I know im not saying it was but is actually as bad as made out or do our press just try and make out its a lot worse.

Like in Russia on their TV's and News they could constantly bring up your BNP, EDL types doing their marches and harrassing people, show the racist singing of Chelsea/QPR etc fans that we see now and again, the Chelsea fans on the French train putting black people off trains and make out like theres big racism problems in England and Russians would likely believe it as thered be loads of stuff to constantly show that would make it out to be really bad. They could also do the same with America.

Thats what it seems we do to them. We only really hear of Russia when we are slagging them over here.

Damnati likes this.
  15. freitassen

My girlfriend is russian and I am a quite huge russophile due to soviet saudosism. I get into a fight with some patronising european * who thinks russia is to be blamed for all evil in the world every week, but I have to admit: racism is huge, black people get bad stares at the street and me being latino is already enough for her family to not exactly like me.

That's only one of the reasons that could make he not want to play there though. Bad weather, a * supporter culture and atmosphere at the stadiums, etc. Russia is awesome but other than oligarchs throwing a pile of cash at their teams their league is really * and void of soul. Russians never cared that much about football. On the top of that, if you are ambitious and want to be at the top of European football, it's wiser to be at somewhere like Celtic than CSKA as it will be quite difficult to leave it. He may have factored out these things and decided for us for wise motives. Or not.

If he was a * as some people implied here there would be no reason for him to choose us before a russian team that swims in cash and are guaranteed european football every year until december.

And some people mentioned he was "disrespectful towards Eupen fans"? That's a surrogate club bought by Qataris to use as a shopfront for players that they can sell for money. No one supports that *. Nobody would give a flying *.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    rickyroma25 and Damnati like this.
  16. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  17. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Bring him home.

19. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Glad his club has cooled off their stubbornness. They must need him to try and stay up otherwise why be so stubborn originally?

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Oh so now they allow him?

Clearly wanted him to stick around to help wave off relegation.